Last time I posted pics my hair was doing well right? Well...Here it it now!

delitefulmane
Yes, my ends do tangle, natural hair is detangles galore and I have just learned to deal with it and try to keep my ends as healthy as possible by moisturizing them and dusting/trimming regularly but not often.

Yes, I straighten my own hair...ALWAYS.

I haven't been doing anything special, I posted my regimen up thread and thats pretty much all I do.

I am sure your hair is growing, maybe just giving some extra TLC to your ends might help?

Thank you Mandy4610! How has henna strengthened your hair? How do you get your hair so straight with your Maxiglide? Do you used the steam burst? How long does the entire straightening process take you (wash to finish)?

Last edited:
Thank you Mandy4610! How has henna strengthened your hair? How do you get your hair so straight with your Maxiglide? Do you used the steam burst? How long does the entire straightening process take you (wash to finish)?
delitefulmane, I don't use henna on my hair. To strengthen my hair I just use a protein based conditioner, my fav is Aubrey Organics GPB.

When I use the maxi glide, I make sure to use the steam burst, but I find even without using the steam burst the maxiglide just seems to straighten my hair well because of the teeth on the plate. The key is not to press the plates firmly on the hair, that will rip hair out, but just press gently.
The steam burst is good for adding some moisture too, just don't do it close to the scalp, that will hurt!

Wash to finish I would stay about 4hrs, most of those 4 hours go to washing, DCing and detangling. Take quite a bit of time to detangle as my hair gets longer. When I am straightening, I alwaysprepoo with a protein conditioner, then shampoo, DC, detangle, blowdry and flatiron.

Mandy4610 said:
Thanks RegaLady, I think I am just below BSL. Haven't paid much attention. I will know better when I do my official length check in December.

Thanks Je Ne Sais Quoi, I am still using the one we bought. I think about you every time I use it because I am so grateful for your help and I love that thing, without it, there is no way I can get the results I get.

Share the secret flat iron :). Sorry if this is a repost.

Lush. Your hair is just so LUSH :drool: How did you get the loose curls in the second set of pics? Is that a flat ironed hair that was then curled? Mandy4610

Lush. Your hair is just so LUSH :drool: How did you get the loose curls in the second set of pics? Is that a flat ironed hair that was then curled? @Mandy4610
halee_J

I use these rollers:
31YNdLw5qwL.jpg

Back