kimmaytubes new line, who will try?

I purchased the leave in, detangler, and conditioner. Didn't like the tea tree and peppermint in the cleanser otherwise I would have bought that also. I ordered and it shipped the next day. Looking forward to trying it. I'm a tightly coiled 4a. That's different things to different folks. When my hair is clean & moisturized (& cone free) you will see pen spring coils. Some of the yt folks at my job call them ringlets :). All that to say that detangling can be a struggle. Really interested to see how hers works. It has the right ingredients.

Well I tried all four of her products. I did a henna treatment so there products were used before and after henna. Here are MY results and opinions:

Step 1 Detangler: PH 5.
Pro: Smelled good, a little mediciny when applied but not bad at all. It worked good at detangling my hair. Will work good in detangle my mini twist when romoving.
Con: I usually detangle my hair after washing so I would like to use it for that but it is used as a pre-poo and has to be rinsed out.

Step 2 Wash and Cleanse: PH 6.
Pro: Smelled minty which I like. It cleaned my hair without striping and left it clean.

Con: None

Step 3 Condition: PH 5.5
Pro: I cant describe the smell but for me is wasnt bad at all. And I LOVE IT! My hair loves it. I used it to do a little confition wash after my henna and used it to deep condition. Total time on hair was about 2 hours including 20 min with heat. My hair felt moisturized and soft and good.

Step 4 Moisture and Seal: PH 5
Pro: It smells like a cream cicle or a light strawberry scent. Not overpowering to me. It did indeed add moisture to my hair. After a leave-in my hiar usually dries and becomes a little tangled, but not with this. It left my hair soft and moisturized while doing two strand twist (about 25). I will definedly use this again.
Con: I usually detangle my hair at this point. It did not give the slip and detangleing action im used to with the kimmaytube leave in but it did add moinsture to my hair.

Overall, I would repurchase the shampoo, conditioner, and moisture and seal. The detangler i would hesitate in purchasing again only because i usually dont detangle my hair before washing because I usually wash it weeky and wear two stand twist 95% of the time and feel my hair doesnt need detangling. However, I do detangle my hair prior to washing when doing mini twist so the detangle would probably work for this. For this one wash my hair did like these products and i am satisfied with the purchasing LUV Naturals products. HHJ

growingbrown said:
Well I tried all four of her products. I did a henna treatment so there products were used before and after henna. Here are MY results and opinions:

Step 1 Detangler: PH 5.
Pro: Smelled good, a little mediciny when applied but not bad at all. It worked good at detangling my hair. Will work good in detangle my mini twist when romoving.
Con: I usually detangle my hair after washing so I would like to use it for that but it is used as a pre-poo and has to be rinsed out.

Step 2 Wash and Cleanse: PH 6.
Pro: Smelled minty which I like. It cleaned my hair without striping and left it clean.

Step 3 Condition: PH 5.5
Pro: I cant describe the smell but for me is wasnt bad at all. And I LOVE IT! My hair loves it. I used it to do a little confition wash after my henna and used it to deep condition. Total time on hair was about 2 hours including 20 min with heat. My hair felt moisturized and soft and good.

Step 4 Moisture and Seal: PH 5
Pro: It smells like a cream cicle or a light strawberry scent. Not overpowering to me. It did indeed add moisture to my hair. After a leave-in my hiar usually dries and becomes a little tangled, but not with this. It left my hair soft and moisturized while doing two strand twist (about 25). I will definedly use this again.
Con: I usually detangle my hair at this point. It did not give the slip and detangleing action im used to with the kimmaytube leave in but it did add moinsture to my hair.

Overall, I would repurchase the shampoo, conditioner, and moisture and seal. The detangler i would hesitate in purchasing again only because i usually dont detangle my hair before washing because I usually wash it weeky and wear two stand twist 95% of the time and feel my hair doesnt need detangling. However, I do detangle my hair prior to washing when doing mini twist so the detangle would probably work for this. For this one wash my hair did like these products and i am satisfied with the purchasing LUV Naturals products. HHJ

Thank you. I really wanted to know about after henna experiences.

I have a sensitivity to germall plus. I am so glad that she uses food grade preservatives.

I will leave my review and how it affects my families hair in the future.

HanaKuroi said:
Where do you buy these? They were listed on the back of the bottle. I didn't see them on the site.

The shea butter and gel are not available for purchase yet, but will be in the near future.

So I just got the leave-in yesterday after the post office temporarily lost my package. I tried it on the front part of my hair after I rinsed my hair in the shower. I didnt have enough time to apply everywhere since I was in a hurry to get to work.

My review: can't say anything bad or good about the product. My hair is already pretty moisturized from my DC last Sunday, so I can't tell if it added any moisture. It definitely didn't make my hair sticky, dry, or hard though, which is a plus. This weekend I will apply to my entire head after I wash and see if that will make any effects stand out.

So my first impression on the leave in:

I clarified my hair then deep conditioned with tres naturals and an oil cocktail overnight. I rinsed all of the product out and then added the Kimmaytube leave in to my hair. I chose to go for a reliable twist out with Shea butter on top so I could compare it to other leave ins.

This product was fine, but not great--and no I didn't have unrealistic expectations. I prefer KCKT and Oyin Hair Dew as leave ins. The product had the consistency of pink body lotion. if I had to compare it to another product, I would say it was a marginally thicker version of than VO5 strawberry moisturizing conditioner. Similarly it had minimal to average slip. This product did nothing to define or clump my curls, and I mean nothing, so I personally would not rely on it for that purpose.

While my hair was in twists it did feel slightly crunchy, but after taking my twists down, it felt soft and moisturized. As a side note: I really do not like the smell. To me it smells like straight up yogurt going on and I don't like yogurt at all just because of the smell. Luckily it isn't very strong after a minute or so.

Positives: My twist out was very defined and had a healthy sheen. 5 days later and my hair still feels great and moisturized. Also, I still have a light strawberry scent to my hair. Next time I will try it without the Shea butter to see what the product does on it's own.

Overall, a 4 out of 5 star rating. I probably will rely on my usual leave ins after this product is done, but I don't regret testing it out.

PS. see attached pics of the twist out--I am horrible at self photography, but I hope you get the point.

ETA: Tried the product twice since first impression and my opinion is much lower (2.5 out of 5 stars). Without a butter on top this product still gets great definition but my hair feels dry squared and just isn't happy. Still tempted to try the rinse out/deep conditioner though...

Attachments

• image-1754084651.jpg
    image-1754084651.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 171
  • image-477173999.jpg
    image-477173999.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 159
  • image-1854647206.jpg
    image-1854647206.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
I'm waiting for free shipping or BOGO or something. Plus I like instant gratification so hopefully as she gains success she'll be stocked on the shelves at Walgreens or something.

loooooooooooveeeeeeeeee :love4: her products. This weekend coming up will be my third use (I purchased the detangler, DC and LI). I will definitely repurchase the DC and LI. Let me tell you, my hair melted with the DC and the LI leaves my hair super soft. The detangler works fine but I feel like I can use oil and water to detangle and have the same results. Once I finish my current shampoo, I will try the luvnaturals shampoo.

I cowash today just to use the products again :lick: ...I have twists...

okay... so i saw like 2 of her videos she posted on how to use her products. and i bought the detangler. i haven't used it yet but i will use it when i take these mini braids out. that will be a true damn test because when i take them out they will be over 4 weeks old. and if that detangler can manage that mess... that chick got a customer for life.

Just11412 said:
okay... so i saw like 2 of her videos she posted on how to use her products. and i bought the detangler. i haven't used it yet but i will use it when i take these mini braids out. that will be a true damn test because when i take them out they will be over 4 weeks old. and if that detangler can manage that mess... that chick got a customer for life.

Let us know how it worked :)

Back