Just ended my 17 week stretch! *pics*

Your hair looks AWESOME!! :up:

You also use Mizani BB and it makes you underprocessed, huh? This is my 3rd time using it (the last time I left it on longer than recommended) and I was STILL underprocessed. :wallbash:

Time for me to use something else.....

This month is my 1 year anniversary of consistent hair care! I self relaxed this morning after stretching 17 weeks. Unfortunately I am extremely under processed :ohwell: I used Mizani BB again, but instead of using course like I did the last time, I used medium... so I guess I'll stick to course moving forward. I trimmed about 1 1/2 inches but think I may need to trim a little more, so you guys can tell me if I do. Overall I'm satisfied w/ my growth and hope to make MBL my next relaxer in May.

After I relaxed I used KISS semi perm in Jet black (thanks prospurr4 for your help!) washed that out then DC w/ mizani moisturfuse, after rinsing that I did a final rinse w/ roux porosity control. I used Aphogee green tea keratin spray and Redken smooth down butter as my leave-ins... then I did a roller set and silk wrap (which came out horrible to me:nono:)

I want to thank all of you ladies here for all of your great advice!

Let me just ask??

--Is there hating allowed in this thread???
Wheeew chile your hair looks great. I am on my 18th week now.
I am pushing for 25 weeks. I'm kind of on a only trying to relax twice a year.

--BRAVO to you on your stretch.

Thanks for posting these. I am attempting my first 17 week stretch so you are a great inspiration. I DO NOT think you need to trim any more. I actually wish you'd posted the pics before you trimmed so we could have stopped you.

I thought I lovededed your hair before...

but now...I'm over here like...

twirling.gif

Your hair is unbelievably thick, pretty and healthy. Congratulations! I am 13 weeks into my 17 week stretch. How did you make it through?

Uhm, I just want your hair. I'll at least let you keep the shine if you want.
Sooo beautiful and congrats on your stretch.

Excellent progress..keep up the great work. The silk wrap takes some practice, you will get it in no time.

Thanks Brees, I've been doing (or trying to do) the silk wrap for a year and it never comes out right :nono:, on some folks it looks like freshly flat ironed hair, I can't get that look for the life of me :wallbash: but I'm gonna keep trying though...

Your hair looks AWESOME!! :up:

You also use Mizani BB and it makes you underprocessed, huh? This is my 3rd time using it (the last time I left it on longer than recommended) and I was STILL underprocessed. :wallbash:

Time for me to use something else.....

I love how my hair feels after using it, but this is the second time it came out under processed... I'm going to try it one more time and see what happens, I may have to switch up also though...

Let me just ask??

--Is there hating allowed in this thread???
Wheeew chile your hair looks great. I am on my 18th week now.
I am pushing for 25 weeks. I'm kind of on a only trying to relax twice a year.

--BRAVO to you on your stretch.

18 weeks is definitely an accomplishment :yep:... I'm sure you'll be able to make it to 25 wks... I wish I can go 24+ weeks w/o relaxing, but I get so tired of the new growth after 16 weeks I end up caving in... my goal is to relax no more than 3 times a year...

Your hair is unbelievably thick, pretty and healthy. Congratulations! I am 13 weeks into my 17 week stretch. How did you make it through?

Thanks Butterfly! only 4 more weeks to go for you, I'm sure you'll make it... After 12 weeks I got a bit lazy and stopped rollersetting, after washing and conditioning I would just braid my hair in one plait in the back, cover the ends w/ vaseline (vaseline has been wonderful for my ends) pin the braid up and tie my hair down and wear it like that until my next wash :ohwell:... very low maintanence :yep:

Wow... you are not playin'!
You must be really pleased with your progress over the last year. You're efforts have really paid off and your hair looks gorgeous !

I can't wait to end my 24 week stretch... I have 7 weeks to go:wallbash:!

Back