Jamaican Black Castor Oil

I am glad I read this post. I plan to order JBCO and was going back and forth about weather to order the bulk (12 -8oz for $89)or pay $16+ for one 8 oz bottle. This will be my first time using the JBCO. I have been using the yellow color cold pressed one from Whole Foods.

Based on the gret reviews I am going to take a chnace and order the bulk. I hope I ain't stuck with 12 bottles of castor oil I do not like.

You'll never be stuck. You could always post it in the product exchange forum! You'll have plenty of takers and all of your money in no time :yep:

I was an advocate for this stuff but OMG the build up :nono: even when I only used it on my scalp. It was ridiculous. It left a film on my hair I didn't even realise I had so much on my hair for weeks after using it. A regular hair wash didn't get it out.

It took about 3-4 clarifying washes (i'm talking week after week) to get it out.

I was an advocate for this stuff but OMG the build up :nono: even when I only used it on my scalp. It was ridiculous. It left a film on my hair I didn't even realise I had so much on my hair for weeks after using it. A regular hair wash didn't get it out.

It took about 3-4 clarifying washes (i'm talking week after week) to get it out.

Just as I read through the thread and was thinking about ordering

blam! lol

I've never had this problem. I use it in small amounts, never directly to my scalp or the length of my hair. I'll add it to my conditioners or use it to lay my edges down while my hair is still damp. Sometimes I'll seal my wet pony with it. I could see build up occuring if you're kinda heavy-handed w/it.

My father loves this stuff. I think it works best for those with thick and/or natural hair.

My hair is fine so I can't use it as much. If I use it I will put it on my NG or mix it in my con's. I wouldn't use a lot..a little can go a long way.

London Diva,

Your hair is beautiful. And the growth progress is outstanding!!! How did you do it girl?! Why can't mine grow that fast :wallbash: I noticed you indicated, Mega Tek. What is that & how do you use it? I keep hearing about it, but don't know where to purchase it.

Happy growing!!!

P.S. What's your regime? Mine is:

Vits
MSM
B-Complex
B-12
Flax Seed oil
Biotin (itches-whew! But it's worth it)
Vit C

What's the deal with the Pomade? I have tried it for 2 months and don't notice a thing. The oils is great on my split ends but the pomade isn't doing anything...

As anoyone tried the pomade? Any results???? How often are you using it? What is your regimen?

Anyone know where I can find this in the Houston area? I'm so tired of paying for shipping!! That could be going on another product don't you think? So far I've found everything I need local except for this and my proteins.

Yes, that would be great to know, what is the difference? How should the black castor oil be applied and how often? It is very affordable!

I've used the pomade for two months now but with a low manipulation reg. I wash with Dr. Bronners castile soap, deep condition with the Tropical Isle castor oil conditioner (made with mostly castor oil and mayo, condition with Africas best olive oil cinditioner, roller set hair. When it's dry I apply caster oil pomade to my scalp and where lace front wigs for about three weeks. Every few days I rub more pomade into my scalp. I've noticed lots of growth but I'm sure it's has a lot to do with the low manipulation combined with the castor oil. I am going for a 6 month stretch and maybe more.

Anyone know where I can find this in the Houston area? I'm so tired of paying for shipping!! That could be going on another product don't you think? So far I've found everything I need local except for this and my proteins.

I'd really suggest buying it online, that's the only place I've found it.

Yes, that would be great to know, what is the difference? How should the black castor oil be applied and how often? It is very affordable!

I apply it nightly. I either rinse or just wet my hair first and than I just rub some in my hands, and than make sure I spread it through all of my hair, braid it up and wrap it up.

As for the amount, I think it would depend on your hair. I don't notice having a lot of buildup and I use quite a bit, I think my hair just soaks it all in somehow. :look:

Back