Is There A Way To Remove Cones Without Shampooing?

Faith

Is there a way to remove cones from hair without using an off the shelf/mainstream shampoo?
Only shampoo I use now is shikakai powder and my hair is loving it but I also love cones so I need to deal with that as well.
Would baking soda do it? I used to use baking soda to give slip and stop my strands from tangling but is it enough for cones?

Faith, :nono: what did shampoo ever do to you? Why no love? Even shampoo needs love yanno? :giggle:

There's a post that talked about including some water soluble ones. Maybe those can be washed off w/o shampoo. I have no problems with cones or shampoo so this has never been an issue for me. Anyway, here's the post.

^^ :lol::lol: I have nothing against them but my hair is not a big fan. I have not used shampoo since mid January and my hair has been softer and just looks better. I do use shikakai which is a cleansing powder..lol...you're funny. :lol: Thanks for the link.

Thanks Checkmate.

Last edited:
^^ :lol::lol: I have nothing against them but my hair is not a big fan. I have not used shampoo since mid January and my hair has been softer and just looks better. I do use shikakai which is a cleansing powder..lol...you're funny. :lol: Thanks for the link.

Thanks Checkmate.

I don't generally use cones unless I straighten. The last time I straightened I used castille soap instead of shampoo and it seemed to work. I just did not dilute the soap as much as I normally do. I've only done it once though.

It matters which cones. In my blog entry, silicone 101, there is info about which cleansers get rid of which cones

Back