Is that Beyonce's hair?

soslychic

Is that Beyonce\'s hair?

Is that curly afro all of Beyonce's hair? It's cute!
grin.gif

Re: Is that Beyonce\'s hair?

IMO: We will never know for certain any celebrity's true hair care routine.

I dunno.
confused.gif
She does have natural hair though. She's featured in the latest issue of Black Sophisticate's Hair Magazine. Her mother said that the constant dyeing and perming of Beyonce's hair was damaging, so they cut it a little above shoulder length, and that's why she started wearing the micros, so she could work on growing out her natural hair. Really good article.
up.gif

Yea I read that article. That's what got me thinkin'...I was wondering if it was all hers or if you used pieces to all fullness.

Wasn't that hairstyle cute, the one when she's on the motorcycle? I love that one!

From my own guessing, I'm thinking hairpieces, but I could be wrong. She's worn a variety of curly fros, some big ones, some small ones, and I'm thinking maybe she uses some pieces depending on how much volume she wants.

Beyonce uses pieces, extensions (for fullness, sometimes length, and definately for color), and even sometimes wigs (hence the huge curly 'fro). So, in short, YES all her hair is hers, but she has the bill of sell on some of it!

^5 SVT

I'm sorry, while I think Beyonce is one of the most beautiful creatures alive with legs to die for... her hair is jacked. When DC first came out she had some really nice hair but that blond and whatever else Mama Knowles has been doing has fried her hair... even in that loreal commercial her hair just looked dry and brittle to me. Her roots always look damaged and fly away.... She may have to pull an India Aire and just start from scratch because I don't think all the Aphogee in stock can save her hair.

Something about all that blond disturbs me anyway... can't put me finger on why. It just does.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, while I think Beyonce is one of the most beautiful creatures alive with legs to die for... her hair is jacked. When DC first came out she had some really nice hair but that blond and whatever else Mama Knowles has been doing has fried her hair... even in that loreal commercial her hair just looked dry and brittle to me. Her roots always look damaged and fly away.... She may have to pull an India Aire and just start from scratch because I don't think all the Aphogee in stock can save her hair.

Something about all that blond disturbs me anyway... can't put me finger on why. It just does.

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I was thinking of going blonde, and my friend told me not to do it. She was going to be a hair dresser, and she said that black people with long hair should not go lighter because well I can't explain it. I'll ask when I talk to her, but it's like bleaching I guess. You have to go so light that it takes a lot out of the hair, and to put bleach on top of a relaxer is killer. She only recommended black people with short hair to go blonde because they don't lose as much hair.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
D I T T O !

I think beyonce look real nice with her curly afro. She seem to look her very best with it.

Beyonce has naturally 3c hair. She perviously had relaxed hair, but transitionedfor 2 years with braids and weaves. In a recent hair styling magazine her mom says that says that she bleaches her hair. When you bleach your hair it can act as a mild texturizer. Her mom also says that she presses her daughter's hair and uses glue in hair pieces. I estimate that Beyonce's hair is about shoulder length curly. While I do love her wild 3c/3b fro, I think she should think a hint from Solange and rest her hair for a while.

how do you know for sure her hair is 3c? she could be 4a naturally. i cant ever recall seeing beyonce with her own hair out showing it's true texture. im pretty sure it is always helped out with a weave and or curling iron. those curls from the sbm issue(on the motorcycle) were definitely done with and iron. also on the index page of that mag she had curly hair but it was a different length and different texture.it was more crinkly. now i love beyonce but i really dont think that was all her hair or her true texture.
just my opinion

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay??!!!
laugh.gif
Especially when you have magazines like Sophisticate's Black Hair rarely mentioning that any given celebrity might - just might - be sportin' a weave.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay??!!!
laugh.gif
Especially when you have magazines like Sophisticate's Black Hair rarely mentioning that any given celebrity might - just might - be sportin' a weave.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. It kills me how a lot of celebs are like "I have a weave but my real hair under this is natural" It may be true but more often than not it is not true. Malinda Williams from Soulfood insists she does not have a relaxer and I dont believe her. Tamala Jones insists she does not have a relaxer. I just dont know why they make up stuff? Gabrielle Union is the only one that's like "heck yeah I got me a weave"

I've never understood why people wanna fake the funk (that's probably why I like Gabrielle Union, she don't care!!!) So your hair ain't naturally straight. Why lie? I read years ago (in SBH) that Monica didn't have a relaxer either. Okayyyy...

It is mildly annoying when magazines insult your intelligence and pass off weave as hair that grew out of the wearer's head, LOL!
laugh.gif
Not saying we can't have long flowin' hair, but puhleeze!

Wow!! Am I the only one here who didn't see it? Help me out ladies, provide a link if there is one
smile.gif

this post was too funny!!! look that girl is fake, her hair is a mess and i could do a better job in my sleep.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I love Beyonce. But her hair is always messed up. And thats not even her real hair. And I believe that her real hair is messed up too. Her real hair and her fake hair always looks so damaged.

[ QUOTE ]
I love Beyonce. But her hair is always messed up. And thats not even her real hair. And I believe that her real hair is messed up too. Her real hair and her fake hair always looks so damaged.

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Sorry, Gang... I don't think it's all Beyonce's hair either. Actually, in one instance I know for a fact it wasn't. A few months back when she was on the cover of the April 2003 issue of Elle magazine(see page 245), I looked at the photo spread and it had a backshot of her with her hair up...
blush.gif
Lo and behold, you (meaning we brown girls who know what's up with hair) could see her tracks showing. I was saying to myself... who's the photo stylist and why did they let her take the photo with that showing. I'm sure she was embarassed once it went to print. People who know nothing of hair would think that it was the style, but we know better....
I scanned the pic but am having a hard time getting it into email.....
confused.gif

This is not it, but close enough, just a tiny bit more shiny in the commercial. Her hair is always jacked up.

02big.jpg

Londongirl, how can I get the photo into email if it's on my disk? I can't get it... it's only showing up in my preview as code instead of as a picture....
frown.gif

LOL. It kills me how a lot of celebs are like "I have a weave but my real hair under this is natural" It may be true but more often than not it is not true. Malinda Williams from Soulfood insists she does not have a relaxer and I dont believe her. Tamala Jones insists she does not have a relaxer. I just dont know why they make up stuff? Gabrielle Union is the only one that's like "heck yeah I got me a weave"

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it hard for you to believe that Malinda Williams and Tamala Jones don't relax their hair?

And Daughter, the same question for you regarding Monica?

I read in Essence magazine that for two years Beyonce would get her hair braided and cut off remnants of a perm because she was tired of double processing her hair with dye and perm so she went au natural and now she flat irons her hair for the straight look. I do believe that her afro is all hers. I am currently trying her technique for growing out my perm.

Back