I'm going to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods tomorrow..what to buy? rop

cocoagirl

I am going to pick up some Aloe Juice from Trader Joe's for my homemade leave in mix and some Rosewater from Whole Foods, also for my hair. Are there any other new goodies that you ladies have found at these stores that I should think about picking up?

chamomile

:lick: This is my number one. The texture and moisture/protein balance allows me to use this as a leave-in, a DC, a DC base, AND a co-wash conditioner. You will love it. :yep:

msa

Make sure your aloe vera juice is the dietary kind that needs to be refrigerated after opening.

Whole Foods has a lot of great stuff, just spend some time in the beauty aisle and you'll find lots of great things to try. I get my castor oil (home health brand) from there.

cocoagirl

Thanks cham! Yes Veggie i've been hearing a lot about Nourish Spa condishs. I just reupped on some V05 condish's so I will check these out and see if I could use another in my arsenal..any more ladies?

cocoagirl

Make sure your aloe vera juice is the dietary kind that needs to be refrigerated after opening.

Whole Foods has a lot of great stuff, just spend some time in the beauty aisle and you'll find lots of great things to try. I get my castor oil (home health brand) from there.

thanks for saying this. I used to use the Aloe gel from...I forget the name..for my hair and remember not liking it for some reason and Traycee mentioned the juice worked well for her so that's why I'm trying it but I will be sure that it is the dietary kind...

E. Princess

If you're into castile soaps, Trader Joe's sales their own brand. Non hair related, Trader Joe's has tasty dried fruit bars :lick:.

LovinLocks

Hmmmm, what to buy? I went yesterday:

• No hydrogen peroxide
  • No peelu tooth stick
ay yi yi

Wound up getting:

• cilantro
  • a reusable bag to carry my products in
  • whole cloves
  • 2 boxes Bigelow tea
  • sesame oil
Er um, spent over $30.00 (ay yi yi,I've GOT to get a full-time job---NOT)

MrsMe

Er um, spent over $30.00 (ay yi yi,I've GOT to get a full-time job---NOT)
:rofl: I feel you on that one...and I beat you with $34 @ Whole Foods.
I went to WF yesterday because I was subbing in the area and I could not resist... I had to make some difficult choices and give up some supplements to be able to buy what I REALLY needed.
The WF's beauty section is a paradise for PJ like me who turn to real natural alternatives :love:. Chamomile mentioned Nature's Gate and their conditioners are excellent. I picked up Aubrey Organics' Honeysuckle because I love their Island Naturals, but I don't want to overload on the proteins.
Before buying anything, always read the ingredients list because some of the products are not entirely natural.
Good luck with your :shopping: and let us know what you get!

LovinLocks

:rofl: I feel you on that one...and I beat you with $34 @ Whole Foods. I went to WF yesterday because I was subbing in the area and!

Heey, how cool is that? I was in the area too on my way to orientation for a subbing position. :hula:

Oh wait, just for fun (and torture) I just retrieved the sales receipt: $33.14. You still had me beat, LOL. Oh and I see I also got cocoa powder.

Last edited:

MrsMe

Heey, how cool is that? I was in the area too on my way to orientation for a subbing position. :hula:

Oh wait, just for fun (and torture) I just retrieved the sales receipt: $33.14. You still had me beat, LOL. Oh and I see I also got cocoa powder.
$34.53...I retrieved the receipt too :lachen:

Chameleonchick

Non hair related they have some good sales on food. I just looked at the flyer I am going this weekend if it doesn't snow/rain again.

wheezy807

Whole Foods has some wonderful essential oils (NOW- is a great brand), also. I bought all of my Aubrey Organics shampoos and conditioners from there, too.

aprils13

I love WF! I went there early today and I purchased

ACV
veg. glycerin
giavonni tea tree shampoo, travel sized
aloe vera juice

And a made a plate from the hot bar.

cocoagirl

y'all funny. I ended up buying (Tj)some chicken burritos, frozen strawberries and pineapple tidbits lol.. But I didn't realize the Aloe Juice was like an 80 gallon, lol..(well not really) but it was really big though and I don't need all that..didn't make it to Whole Foods but I will go and see if they have a smaller bottle of Aloe Juice for me to buy. I do need some soap but I may make a Chagrin Valley order or something...oh I digress...