***!!! ~ I'm a Survivor ~ !!! ***

Bklynqueen

I've gone to 2 Trichologists 2 Dermatologists and a Surgeon to see about my hair loss and a possible transplant. I suffer from Cicatricial Alopecia. Here is a link... http://www.carfintl.org/faq.html and if you look at the photos on the left at the 3rd pic, that is how my scalp looks. There is no chance of regrowth. The follicles have been destroyed and replaced with scar tissue. I do not have enough donor hair for a transplant.Very disheartening to say the least. This condition has gotten progressively worse. I have experienced tingling, itching redness and soreness. This is usually followed by more hair loss. Now I have smooth spots on my scalp and the hairs surrounding that have survived are extremely fragile and are a totally different texture than the rest of my hair. The bald spot is in my crown and is making its way towards my bangs. I have tried Rogaine Foam and Liquid...other forms of Minoxidil 5%, Essential Oils, Ayurvedic Powders and Oils, MN mixtures, Vitamins GALORE, protein shakes,steroid injections, Nioxin, Alterna products, Garlic Shampoo, APhogee products, Fermadol, scalp massages, everything under the sun and NOTHING seems to work. I don't think my body can take another pill and my scalp can't take another oil, ointment, spray etc. The only thing that I have not tried is Laser Treatment. I don't have the money for that right now. I am blessed to have enough hair to somewhat mask the problem and I keep the hair that I do have in good health. I still look for cure to try and prove the doctors wrong but this has been going for about 6 or 7 years. My hair is SL and I am 100% natural. I have resorted to a sew in weave in the crown to cover it up. I can't take the wind blowing exposing my scalp and I refuse to wear a ponytail for the rest of my life. I do massage the weaved section with Jojoba so that it will not break.

Anyway ladies that's my story I hope this helps...I hope someone can give me a remedy.

Those of u who have re-grown your hair CONGRATS!!!! Keep it up :)

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. :( I thought that the same thing was happening to me so that's what prompted me to get a biopsy for confirmation. As my previous post stated, CFA was not the cause but something damn sure is going on. There are a few members here that had the exact same problem that you're having; one in particular she grew her hair back! Her screen name is Blu217- these are her posts dated from 2007:her pic updates have been deleted, you may want to send her a PM:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=167871&highlight=blu217
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=167871&highlight=blu217&page=3
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=238685&highlight=blu217

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Sade'
I'm sorry you've gone through so much. First of all, I believe there is always a chance for regrowth. But i'm a pathological optimist. I just always believe for the impossible. Do you pray? If you don't, you should. Prayer changes things. PM me for more details.

With that being said, I can only share what I've used and The Waistlength Cocktail has helped me regrow hair. Now, I wasn't diagnosed with Cica Alopecia, but it has helped thicken my hair - tremendously.

I almost don't know what to recommend other than those two, because you've tried many things. I will say this, I will pray for you for healing and I believe that Jehovah Rophe is faithful to do what He promised.

Maybe your scalp just needs to stay clean and breathe. Emu oil has been touted to be very effective. Maybe you can take the less is more route and see what that brings.

If I think of anything else, I'll share.

One other thing, have you looked at your diet? Could you possibly have food allergies triggering this?

I've gone to 2 Trichologists 2 Dermatologists and a Surgeon to see about my hair loss and a possible transplant. I suffer from Cicatricial Alopecia. Here is a link... http://www.carfintl.org/faq.html and if you look at the photos on the left at the 3rd pic, that is how my scalp looks. There is no chance of regrowth. The follicles have been destroyed and replaced with scar tissue. I do not have enough donor hair for a transplant.Very disheartening to say the least. This condition has gotten progressively worse. I have experienced tingling, itching redness and soreness. This is usually followed by more hair loss. Now I have smooth spots on my scalp and the hairs surrounding that have survived are extremely fragile and are a totally different texture than the rest of my hair. The bald spot is in my crown and is making its way towards my bangs. I have tried Rogaine Foam and Liquid...other forms of Minoxidil 5%, Essential Oils, Ayurvedic Powders and Oils, MN mixtures, Vitamins GALORE, protein shakes,steroid injections, Nioxin, Alterna products, Garlic Shampoo, APhogee products, Fermadol, scalp massages, everything under the sun and NOTHING seems to work. I don't think my body can take another pill and my scalp can't take another oil, ointment, spray etc. The only thing that I have not tried is Laser Treatment. I don't have the money for that right now. I am blessed to have enough hair to somewhat mask the problem and I keep the hair that I do have in good health. I still look for cure to try and prove the doctors wrong but this has been going for about 6 or 7 years. My hair is SL and I am 100% natural. I have resorted to a sew in weave in the crown to cover it up. I can't take the wind blowing exposing my scalp and I refuse to wear a ponytail for the rest of my life. I do massage the weaved section with Jojoba so that it will not break.

Anyway ladies that's my story I hope this helps...I hope someone can give me a remedy.

Those of u who have re-grown your hair CONGRATS!!!! Keep it up :)

Vintageglam

Stellagirl, I wanted to thank you for sharing. You've been through a lot, but believe it or not, your story mimics many of ours. It's just unreal to see that someone could go through hair challenges their entire life!! It's like, when do you get a break, already? *Sigh* This is the reason I've opted to naturalize my hair. I just hated the long hair, break, cut, regrow long hair, break, cut, regrow long hair cycle. ENOUGH!!!

I hope you experience great growth and enjoy your hair, Stellagirl. I'll help you any way I can.

{{BIG HUG}} ~Br*nze

Just saw this - Hugs back to you girl !

Sade'

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. :( I thought that the same thing was happening to me so that's what prompted me to get a biopsy for confirmation. As my previous post stated, CFA was not the cause but something damn sure is going on. There are a few members here that had the exact same problem that you're having; one in particular she grew her hair back! Her screen name is Blu217- these are her posts dated from 2007:her pic updates have been deleted, you may want to send her a PM:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=167871&highlight=blu217
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=167871&highlight=blu217&page=3
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=238685&highlight=blu217

Thank you so much Bklynqueen!

Sade'

Sade'
I'm sorry you've gone through so much. First of all, I believe there is always a chance for regrowth. But i'm a pathological optimist. I just always believe for the impossible. Do you pray? If you don't, you should. Prayer changes things. PM me for more details.

With that being said, I can only share what I've used and The Waistlength Cocktail has helped me regrow hair. Now, I wasn't diagnosed with Cica Alopecia, but it has helped thicken my hair - tremendously.

I almost don't know what to recommend other than those two, because you've tried many things. I will say this, I will pray for you for healing and I believe that Jehovah Rophe is faithful to do what He promised.

Maybe your scalp just needs to stay clean and breathe. Emu oil has been touted to be very effective. Maybe you can take the less is more route and see what that brings.

If I think of anything else, I'll share.

One other thing, have you looked at your diet? Could you possibly have food allergies triggering this?

Thank you Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll I really feel like I am surrounded by love!:circle: I appreciate that you took the time to respond to me in this way. I admit my hope was lost...and you are right prayer does in fact work. I pray for many things and for other people but never about my hair. I feel that it is cosmetic and maybe it was taken away from me for a reason. Therefore I count all of my other blessings and appreciate what I do have. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to pray and ask for my hair back!

My diet consist of just about everything except pork. I am not on anything special. I take TONS of vitamins DAILY.

That's a good question about food allergies...I have no idea! I think that I should find out b/c this could also be the reason for my constant migraines.

I have read about your Cocktail and I am going to stop being lazy and actually start making them. I've tried everything else so this surely wouldn't hurt. In my case, what key ingredients would you suggest that I focus on in my cocktail?

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I'm glad you feel the love, Sade'. It's sincere.
The ingredients for the Cocktail is on page 1 of the thread. Start there. After you've been on it for a few months, then you can add other things to suit your needs. Make sure you add fruit for taste. You'll love it, and you'll see the difference in your hair, I'll bet on it.

Thank you Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll I really feel like I am surrounded by love!:circle: I appreciate that you took the time to respond to me in this way. I admit my hope was lost...and you are right prayer does in fact work. I pray for many things and for other people but never about my hair. I feel that it is cosmetic and maybe it was taken away from me for a reason. Therefore I count all of my other blessings and appreciate what I do have. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to pray and ask for my hair back!

My diet consist of just about everything except pork. I am not on anything special. I take TONS of vitamins DAILY.

That's a good question about food allergies...I have no idea! I think that I should find out b/c this could also be the reason for my constant migraines.

I have read about your Cocktail and I am going to stop being lazy and actually start making them. I've tried everything else so this surely wouldn't hurt. In my case, what key ingredients would you suggest that I focus on in my cocktail?

Vintageglam

ok - getting ready for the new year. Making my mixologist oil concoction for my edges and nape challenge.

After the year I have had in 2009 - 2010 WILL be my year God willing.

Happy hair growing ladies in 2010.

Rain20

I feel like Stellagirl. Hopefully 2010 will be better for me all around. HHG and looking forward to more success stories(especially mine).

cutiebe2

I have all the ingredients to make to growth oil so I will be doing that tonight

Here is my starting pic. I am still in shock that this has happened to me. Tomorrow I have to make another appointment with the derm for another shot. After that I think that will be the last shot. I want to try and do this naturally. At least I am seeing little fuzzy hair in the spot area

Last edited:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Cutie!! I definitely see growth. I'd probably stick with the shots a little while longer since it seems to be working. That's just my $.02. I am very certain you'll see great results, whatever route you decide to take.

cutiebe2

Cutie!! I definitely see growth. I'd probably stick with the shots a little while longer since it seems to be working. That's just my $.02. I am very certain you'll see great results, whatever route you decide to take.

thanks. I will stick with the shots longer. I am going abroad for the semester so I may ask her for some topical cream

Bklynqueen

Cutie, God bless you. I definately see some baby hairs coming in. :) I'm going to start on the waist length cocktail starting New Years. I'm currently recovering from a viral infection that came at the heels upon dealing with a death of a friend. I think stress has definately caused me to lose hair and is now making me sick. :( I plan on doing the cocktail, start taking a multi vitamin, garlic pills and am planning to start using benotite clay for detoxing all the nasty toxins and metals from my body. My fiance is also going on this challenge with me (he has a small thin spot in the front from stress) and together we are trying to be healthy for ourselves as well as for our daughter. :) Good luck everyone!

cutiebe2

I feel like the spots have gotten bigger even though there are more hairs coming in. :(
I was supposed to go to the Dermatologist but it showed in the morning and I could not make it. She order me some topical cream that I have to pick up from the Pharmacy today. I hope that works as well as the shots.

When I get back from study abroad I think I will also do a cleanse just to make sure I am getting rid of any toxins that may be contributing to this

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Hiya BklynQueen, we look forward to seeing you in The Nest!
We'll definitely regrow some hair this year. Bet.

Cutie, God bless you. I definately see some baby hairs coming in. :) I'm going to start on the waist length cocktail starting New Years. I'm currently recovering from a viral infection that came at the heels upon dealing with a death of a friend. I think stress has definately caused me to lose hair and is now making me sick. :( I plan on doing the cocktail, start taking a multi vitamin, garlic pills and am planning to start using benotite clay for detoxing all the nasty toxins and metals from my body. My fiance is also going on this challenge with me (he has a small thin spot in the front from stress) and together we are trying to be healthy for ourselves as well as for our daughter. :) Good luck everyone!

Cutiebe2, sometimes I believe the hair will shed a bit before it grows in fully. I know that's like cutting your nose to spite your face, but i've found this to be the way it goes with any hair growth product. Shedding comes first. Growth and thickness, second. I know it spoilers, but if you can just hang in there. Definitely use the ointment that you were scripted. I pray in Jesus' Name that your hair fills in completely and regrows supernaturally fast. I pray your doctor is anointed by God to diagnose and treat you efficiently and effectively. Amen.

I feel like the spots have gotten bigger even though there are more hairs coming in. :(
I was supposed to go to the Dermatologist but it showed in the morning and I could not make it. She order me some topical cream that I have to pick up from the Pharmacy today. I hope that works as well as the shots.

When I get back from study abroad I think I will also do a cleanse just to make sure I am getting rid of any toxins that may be contributing to this

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Charmtreese, your hair has made remarkable progress!
I’m a savior…and here’s my story!!!

When I was a toddler my mom noticed that my hair was not growing. During the first 3-4 years of my life my hair was sooo short that I could have easily been mistaken for a boy. My mom would cover my head with scarves to keep people from looking, staring and making fun of my 4z, patchy crown. Doctors had left my mom with little hope that I would ever have “regular growing” hair.

She told me the stories of my many visits to doctors where they would poke and prod my scalp, sit me under lamps, and apply creams that would inevitably make my 4z hair dryer and harder. My scalp was so sensitive, that the doctor said that I would never be able to use any relaxers, perms or hair dyes. Doctors also advised her against any styles that would involve tension.

About the age of 4 my mom took my hair growth into her hands. The doctors hadn’t been able to help, and she knew I would be starting school soon and she did not want my hair or lack thereof to be an issue for me. To get my hair growing she said she prayed a lot, washed it weekly or bi weekly and covered it in Vaseline. When it was time for me to start Kindergarten I had a nice 4b fro, that was about NL. My mom continued to do her best to take care of my hair throughout my elementary school years. The longest my hair reached during this time was SL.

Once I hit Middle school, my hair took a turn for the worst again. I had started to relax, and the scalp burns were very unforgiving! I wore braids, a lot, but the tension would cause my hair to break and snap. In high school I had it cut it to a short style and started growing out my relaxer, it was around this time I started getting hair weaves. The weaves thinned my already thin hair even more, and the breakage when I took the weaves out was non-stop. I once again hap patchy hair that I was ashamed of.

Between my high school years and my mid 20’s I suffered with hair loss and hid behind weaves, phony ponies and micro’s. I started my healthy hair journey in November 2005, I was 27 and my hair was damaged from root to tip! Through perseverance and many setbacks do to products, techniques and my battle with hair loss I am slowly overcoming the odds. I know that my progression is slow, however, if those doctors could see my APL hair now!

gissellr78

This is a good thread...in 2007 i had a quarter size bald spot on the left side of my head..and in 2006 a quarter size on the right due to stress:nono:

I didn't really care about hair so i just ignored it and it grew back. But much love for those with this problem...hugs!

aprils13

I have a small update. I went to derm Tuesday and she asked a ton of questions about family history and she examined my scalp. Unfortunately she doesnt think my spot will fill back in. I'm going to get blood drawn so they run some tests. But she said that I caught it early enough for us to do something about. I gave me a ton of options, I opted to start with rogaine and take biotin. I also have a prescription for serib dermatitis (sp?). I'm thinking about taking a pic to track my journey.

Has anyone had success with Rogaine?

SilverSurfer

Cutiebe2, I know it's tough but hang in there. Shoot, I have pictures of my hair in its worst state that would put that picture of yours to shame, so you are not alone in this. Stay strong!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

That's very encouraging, Gissellr78. I mean, that hair of yours convinces me!

Thanks for the hug. Here's one for you {{BIG HUG}}
This is a good thread...in 2007 i had a quarter size bald spot on the left side of my head..and in 2006 a quarter size on the right due to stress:nono:

I didn't really care about hair so i just ignored it and it grew back. But much love for those with this problem...hugs!

I used Rogaine a few years ago for about a month...i became too hair on my face and began to break out. When I stopped using it, i had a TON of hair to fall out in clumps. Worse than before.

I've heard of those who are using it with great success. Every body is different and hopefully this works very well for you. Did your doc suggest cortisone injections or cortisone creams - I think those work well, too ( for some, that is).
I have a small update. I went to derm Tuesday and she asked a ton of questions about family history and she examined my scalp. Unfortunately she doesnt think my spot will fill back in. I'm going to get blood drawn so they run some tests. But she said that I caught it early enough for us to do something about. I gave me a ton of options, I opted to start with rogaine and take biotin. I also have a prescription for serib dermatitis (sp?). I'm thinking about taking a pic to track my journey.

Has anyone had success with Rogaine?

charmtreese

I'm so excited Joico selected me to be a participant in a focus group for their clinicure line. They have sent me the full line for chemically treated hair (I wish I would have waited, I purchased the trail pack like a week before they sent me the products), so far I'm really liking this line. You have to use the treatment daily, the shampoo and conditioner both give you a tingle. I hope this line will help grow back my edges and feel in my lower crown. I'll keep you all updated!!

hair4romheaven

Essential oils are another efficacious way to regrow hair naturally. This alternative hair loss treatment is also referred to as aromatherapy. Well, the use of aromatherapy traces back to the ancient times of Egyptian pharaohs when people first tried to apply essential oils from various flowers, leaves, bark and roots of plants to achieve therapeutic effect in treating of hair problems.

Nowadays the most popular essential oils that are used as a hair loss remedy are rosemary, lavender, cedarwood, thyme, and also grapefruit, lemon, jojoba oil, chamomile and bay. Recent studies have proved aromatherapy to be a safe and effective treatment for alopecia or baldness. So now it is evident that these oils can help you regrow hair. Moreover, essential oils have a very low risk of side effects and are of a very of moderate cost. But as it happens with all natural hair loss treatments, there’s no quick fix here and it usually takes 3 month or more when first results become apparent.

Here are several useful tips how to regrow hair with the help of aromatherapy.

To make an essential oil blend to stimulate hair regrowth you will need 3 drops of rosemary oil, 3 drops of lavender oil, 2 drops of thyme oil, 2 drops of cedarwood oil, 4 teaspoons of grapeseed oil and half teaspoon of jojoba oil. Mix all these ingredients well. Massage this blend into your scalp for at least two minutes before sleep. Then wrap your head in a warm towel and leave it overnight. It is also very useful to massage and rub oils of arnica, lavender, rosemary and calamus in your hair before washing. Use a mild shampoo in order not to upset the sebum balance.

To make an essential oil blend to stimulate circulation in your scalp and improving your hair take six drops of each oil and add the mixture to 4 ounces of a warm carrier oil (almond, soybean or sesame oil). Rub the blend into the scalp and leave it for at least twenty minutes. Then wash your hair. Add 3 drops of bay oil to the shampoo that you regularly use.

Sade'

Essential oils are another efficacious way to regrow hair naturally. This alternative hair loss treatment is also referred to as aromatherapy. Well, the use of aromatherapy traces back to the ancient times of Egyptian pharaohs when people first tried to apply essential oils from various flowers, leaves, bark and roots of plants to achieve therapeutic effect in treating of hair problems.

Nowadays the most popular essential oils that are used as a hair loss remedy are rosemary, lavender, cedarwood, thyme, and also grapefruit, lemon, jojoba oil, chamomile and bay. Recent studies have proved aromatherapy to be a safe and effective treatment for alopecia or baldness. So now it is evident that these oils can help you regrow hair. Moreover, essential oils have a very low risk of side effects and are of a very of moderate cost. But as it happens with all natural hair loss treatments, there’s no quick fix here and it usually takes 3 month or more when first results become apparent.

Here are several useful tips how to regrow hair with the help of aromatherapy.

To make an essential oil blend to stimulate hair regrowth you will need 3 drops of rosemary oil, 3 drops of lavender oil, 2 drops of thyme oil, 2 drops of cedarwood oil, 4 teaspoons of grapeseed oil and half teaspoon of jojoba oil. Mix all these ingredients well. Massage this blend into your scalp for at least two minutes before sleep. Then wrap your head in a warm towel and leave it overnight. It is also very useful to massage and rub oils of arnica, lavender, rosemary and calamus in your hair before washing. Use a mild shampoo in order not to upset the sebum balance.

To make an essential oil blend to stimulate circulation in your scalp and improving your hair take six drops of each oil and add the mixture to 4 ounces of a warm carrier oil (almond, soybean or sesame oil). Rub the blend into the scalp and leave it for at least twenty minutes. Then wash your hair. Add 3 drops of bay oil to the shampoo that you regularly use.

THANKS!! I just bought some EO online today. I can't wait to use them.

SilverSurfer

Le sigh....I just detangled my hair and realized that although most of the bald patches are growing in nicely, the patches in the nape area have gotten worst and bigger in size. The hair is not growing in there at all, presently it's maybe 1/4 of an inch since I shaved my entire head a year ago...le sigh

Last edited: