Ida's Shampoo Bars

Lavendar

Cichelle said:
I've been using these bars for a couple of years now. I found that some of the soap bars work even better than the shampoo bars for hair washing. :)

Not everyone likes how they make the hair feel. I had to get used to it and try a few different ones until I found what works best for my hair.

Yeah, I tried the Carrot and Honey. It made my hair feel really stripped and dry. I had to wash with poo and DC to get my hair to come back to life. I probably needed something more moisturizing, but I assumed the honey would do it. :ohwell:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
"Please do not use a shampoo bar once or twice and decide you don't like it. You may have a build-up of chemical residue on your hair from your commercial shampoos and conditioners, in which case it may take a week or more of using only our natural shampoo bar and a vinegar rinse to really clean your hair. I use our shampoo bars on my long hair. My hair is much softer than when I was using liquid shampoo and I never need separate conditioner anymore. Just rub the bar directly on your hair or rub the bar between your hands and apply the lather to your hair. Work the luxurious lather through and rinse as usual. Although some of our customers still use conditioner, no conditioner is needed."

That came from Ida's website.

Lavendar

TSUprincess04 said:
"Please do not use a shampoo bar once or twice and decide you don't like it. You may have a build-up of chemical residue on your hair from your commercial shampoos and conditioners, in which case it may take a week or more of using only our natural shampoo bar and a vinegar rinse to really clean your hair. I use our shampoo bars on my long hair. My hair is much softer than when I was using liquid shampoo and I never need separate conditioner anymore. Just rub the bar directly on your hair or rub the bar between your hands and apply the lather to your hair. Work the luxurious lather through and rinse as usual. Although some of our customers still use conditioner, no conditioner is needed."

That came from Ida's website.

Thanks TSU, I'm sure I probably read that but I didn't remember it.;) The only difference is my hair was clean, just overly clean. It felt stripped and not soft at all. She states you may have a buildup and not feel clean. I rarely get a buildup from products cause I don't use grease, pomades, hairspray, or serums...ever. I do use a lot of coconut oil and I put Cantu Breakcure on my ends 2-3 times a week. So the only buildup I may have is from my poo/con (elucence) or the oils, but oils make my poos even better cause my hair is always soft afterwards. This really stripped every bit of extra oil and my natural oil. But everything is not for everyone, and maybe the Babbasu would have been better.:look:

tnorenberg

Lavendar said:
Thanks TSU, I'm sure I probably read that but I didn't remember it.;) The only difference is my hair was clean, just overly clean. It felt stripped and not soft at all. She states you may have a buildup and not feel clean. I rarely get a buildup from products cause I don't use grease, pomades, hairspray, or serums...ever. I do use a lot of coconut oil and I put Cantu Breakcure on my ends 2-3 times a week. So the only buildup I may have is from my poo/con (elucence) or the oils, but oils make my poos even better cause my hair is always soft afterwards. This really stripped every bit of extra oil and my natural oil. But everything is not for everyone, and maybe the Babbasu would have been better.:look:

Unless the shampoos and conditioners you use are clear, then they have an emilsifying wax in them, which leaves a residue on the hair and dous build up over time. Grease, pomades or serums are not the only things that cause build-up on the hair....thus the importance of clarifying.

GeorginaSparks

i tried her shampoo bars like 2 years ago and they didnt work for me. The only shampoo bar my hair loves is burts bees baby bee shampoo bar.

mermaid

TSUprincess04 said:
Omigosh, these shampoo bars look sooooooooo yummy and good for the hair. I can't wait till I get some money, and I can order a couple. They sell regular body soap bars also. They look good too. I can't wait to try this stuff.

Look at some of these shampoo bars:

Carrot & Honey
Babassu & Marsh Mallow
Honey, Beer, & Egg
Nettle
Summer Sunshine

They have more listed on their site, and check out the body soap bars too!

http://chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/shambar.htm
Ohh, I remember this site!! They have the natural vinegar rinse recipes, right??

mermaid

Letitia said:
I am waiting for Michelle3147 to get her site up and running and I will order my bath bars from her. They are really great!
Wow!
I looked at her myspace page and although I don't think you can order from there (there is only pictures, no prices or anything), the pics are soooooo yummy looking!!
The ones that caught my eye are:
Chocolate Fudge Cake
Sugar Vanilla
Coconut Lime Margarita
Black Raspberry Vanilla
:D

mermaid

Alli77 said:
Can someone please post a link to michelle's page??? TIA.
you could probably pm her and REALLY get some answers, or you can look up her page on my myspace, she's one of my friends.:)
(I'm just a bit too lazy to go log into my page, get her addy and post it, and I don't know if she wants it posted anyway.:look: )

VelvetRain

You ladies are so sweet! Thanks Letitia for putting me on blast. I will most certainly private message everyone with my website link. I am hoping to have my site launched in a few short weeks as I am still working on adding my content. Thanks for inquiring:)

Tee

michelle3147 said:
You ladies are so sweet! Thanks Letitia for putting me on blast. I will most certainly private message everyone with my website link. I am hoping to have my site launched in a few short weeks as I am still working on adding my content. Thanks for inquiring:)

I am sorry to all who asked, I just forgot about this thread.

Michelle, glad to see you popped in. You know your soaps (and milk bathes, and bathe bombs too) are just the greatest! :up:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
BUMPING

Ladies, don't sleep on these shampoo bars (and the regular soap bars which can be used as shampoo also). They're great! I've made 2 orders already.

Received:
Orange Creamsicle full soap bar
Honey Butter sample soap bar
Mud & Clay sample shampoo bar

Awaiting:
Nettle full shampoo bar
Summer Sunshine full shampoo bar