I want to do a bc while I still have courage...

LongTimeComing

Hello ladies,

I very rarely post in this forum, and unfortunately my search button isn't working. How do you a bc on yourself? I have just above shoulder length hair that is damaged, dry and breaking, because of stress. I am 10 wks post relaxer and ready to do a bc. My hair looks kinda like tsu princesses when wet( sorry to call you out girl, but I hate posting pics). But it's not nearly as long as hers. I probably have 1 inch of new growth.

So I want to cut it, have never had short hair in my life, but I do want to do this, so um... how? Also has anyone ever did a bc, but still kept an inch or so of relaxed hair, just so I have enough to braid?

I have never done a bc so I don't know much. You may not even need to cut all the relaxer off if you want to keep some length. Are you sure you want to bc and not just cut as you grow?

I waited at least 10 months before I did the bc. I took the scissors and at the demarcation line, I cut. You must be prepared for it, mentally because it becomes shorter than you imagine.

But, kudo's to you girl....I say go for it, you won't regret it!

Just go for it! It will take some getting used to, but at least you can start with learning to care for your natural hair as soon as possible.

I did my 1st big chop myself by using scissors. I just looked in the mirror and chopped until all of the straight hair was gone.
2nd big chop was done by my hubby using the clippers with the smallest clipper guard attachment
Good luck with the bc

This is how I did my BC:
I soaked my hair with water, then I applied cholesterol to my hair. Applying the cholesterol helped me distinquish between the new growth and the relaxed hair. I would take sections of my hair, smooth with my fingers, and cut at the demarcation line (where the new growth and relaxed hair met). Hope that helps!

I did the same as pooh bear and then I did another sew in because I didn't know if I was ready either. I did, however, after 2 months and regular MTG treatments, decide to let it all out...and I love it...so you may embrace your shorter hair before you even think you will!! Good luck!!:grin:

Back