I used Vegetable Shortening to Deep Condition my 4b/c hair

Soratachi

:look::look::look:

It is know in the US as Crisco, here in Ireland we do not have the Crisco brand, but other brands of vegetable shortening are available, so I use Cookeen that cost less than €1($1.35).

Does it sound crazy? I know people use it to flat iron natural hair, but I needed something ticker as a DC base. I also searched on the web and found 2 naturals using Crisco as a DC.

I did this experiment 1 week ago under my hair steamer for 20 minutes, I used a mix of:

Vagetable shortening(I previously melted it and added various oils and let it solidify)

Light protein conditioner

I used a silicone spatula to apply to my hair using the relaxer method.

The result where amazing!! Out of this world strenght, softness and ease of detangling.

I sealed with the Vegetable shortening mix.:rolleyes:

To maintain the level of moisture I decided to follow the TCG method and cowash every other day with a silicone free conditioner and seal my hair with the Grease mix.:lick:

Single strand knot are not a problem now, I can even finger detangle when I cowash and shed hair slides away easily, no more broken hair strands. :drunk:
My hair now clumps naturally too.

Am I alone in doing something crazy but getting groundbreaking results from doing it?

Blairx0

I feel like a lot of companies are using the same hydrogenized oils as a base, so why shouldn't you?

ChoKitty

:needpics:

How does your hair look? Does it move when its dry or is it stiff? When it touches things do you leave a spot behind? I've occasionally used crisco as a leave in, but I become paranoid about leaving spots.

:look::look::look:

It is know in the US as Crisco, here in Ireland we do not have the Crisco brand, but other brands of vegetable shortening are available, so I use Cookeen that cost less than €1($1.35).

Does it sound crazy? I know people use it to flat iron natural hair, but I needed something ticker as a DC base. I also searched on the web and found 2 naturals using Crisco as a DC.

I did this experiment 1 week ago under my hair steamer for 20 minutes, I used a mix of:

Vagetable shortening(I previously melted it and added various oils and let it solidify)

Light protein conditioner

I used a silicone spatula to apply to my hair using the relaxer method.

The result where amazing!! Out of this world strenght, softness and ease of detangling.

I sealed with the Vegetable shortening mix.:rolleyes:

To maintain the level of moisture I decided to follow the TCG method and cowash every other day with a silicone free conditioner and seal my hair with the Grease mix.:lick:

Single strand knot are not a problem now, I can even finger detangle when I cowash and shed hair slides away easily, no more broken hair strands. :drunk:
My hair now clumps naturally too.

Am I alone in doing something crazy but getting groundbreaking results from doing it?

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
O_________________________O Really???? I am so late!!! Any product you know?

When you see on product labels certain butters that don't sound correct or like they are even found in nature like that, it's usually something mixed with a hydrogenated oil.

For example, coffee butter, where are you finding this growing in nature? You have coffee beans and extract, but there really isn't a butter. So this is usually coffee extract and some hydrogenated solid oil. Same thing with green tea butter. Unless it is otherwise specified, this is usually what it is.