I made a new discovery.

nadine1977canada

Deep conditioner mix that worked wonders on my hair

I made a new discovery. Today, I decided to make a new deep conditioner mix and it work a charm on my hair!!! My new growth was so smotth and the curls were so much looser!!!!!!!!! :lachen:

Ok the recipe is simple:lol: The ingredients are:

Queen Helene Cholesterol

Sweet almond oil

Crisco shortening

First, I mixed the crisco shortening with lots of Sweeet almond oil. Just enough so it get creamier and softer. I keep it in a jar at room temperature ( my room is warm ...i like it warm) So that mixture is soft and i sometime use it to seal my moisturizers. After having them two mixed. just add the creamy mixture (crisco +sweet almond oil) it to Queen helene Cholesterol.

I put it in my hair and slapped on a shower cap and sat under the dryer for 15 minutes. It was wonderful.

I know it sound odd, but it worked for me. I dont know how it will wok for those of you who dont use heat.I dont know if it will leave a white film on the hair. but if you use heat under the dryer ...it is awseome!:grin:

Last edited:
Re: Deep conditioner mix that worked wonders on my hair

is colestrol a protien or moisturizer? This could be very good for my hair if it was a moisturizer. I will look out for some sweet almond oil

cutiebe2 said:
is colestrol a protien or moisturizer? This could be very good for my hair if it was a moisturizer. I will look out for some sweet almond oil

Choiesterol is a moisture Deep Conditioner

People made fun of me when I talked about crisco last year but I am still loyal. I'm glad the mixture works for you :clap:

Did you shampoo that out or just rinse? I remember I was using ghee regularly on my hair at one point and while my hair was soft and shiny, I had build-up like nobody's business after a while.

Anky, I love Crisco! It makes my curls pop and my hair does not frizz. I dunno if it is because my hair is not long yet, but this will be my staple for years to come.:D

I am glad you found something that works for you!!

Back