I FINALLY FOUND MY DC!

MsLizziA

Ok so after much research and contemplation, i FINALLY FOUND the DC for me! That's it, im done, that's a wrap! No more DC experimentation.

I make my own DC but the key ingredient is .....wait for it......... wait some more............

........CRISCO!

Yes, the ingredient that makes my DC pop is crisco! Just recently I was complaining about my ends being dry n :blah::blah: ...

Well i DC'd using the relaxer method and focused on the ends with my recipe. When i rinsed my hair out, it felt like butter!

The ingredients were as follows:

BASE
Cholesterol

ADD-INS
Crisco
Jojoba Oil
Wheat Germ Oil
Coconut Oil

N that's it!

I sat under the hair steamer and BAM!:kiss3: ... iz beautiful thang baybey!

very interesting... I tried Crisco as a moisturizer & it was a :nono: for me... wonder how THIS method would work for me :perplexed:

I dont have a steamer but my hood dryer & a plastic cap shud have the same affect and I've heard of the wheat germ, but guess I need to find some since I keep hearing good things to use it for :)

very interesting... I tried Crisco as a moisturizer & it was a :nono: for me... wonder how THIS method would work for me :perplexed:

I dont have a steamer but my hood dryer & a plastic cap shud have the same affect and I've heard of the wheat germ, but guess I need to find some since I keep hearing good things to use it for :)
Girl its wonderful.. Just outta curosity, did the crisco make your hair too oily or something?

So Glad you found the right combo! I am not sure about the Crisco...but I keep hearing great stuff

Last edited:
Is it the oil or the shortening that looks like butter......I will normally try anything once....especially if I can use it for something else if it don't work like fries for the kiddo

Girl its wonderful.. Just outta curosity, did the crisco make your hair too oily or something?

no :perplexed: I had issues w/it not absorbing/meshing in my hair.. maybe bcuz the hair was 'wet' when I tried it *SHRUGS* I dunno, but I noticed alot of 'white balls' then it just seemed to make my hair dry/hard-I obviously needed to maybe another oil???

Is it the oil or the shortening that looks like butter......I will normally try anything once....especially if I can use it for something else if it don't work like fries for the kiddo

yes.. on the isle w/the cooking oils, but its in a tub like container and yes it looks like whipped butter of some sort :yep:

no :perplexed: I had issues w/it not absorbing/meshing in my hair.. maybe bcuz the hair was 'wet' when I tried it *SHRUGS* I dunno, but I noticed alot of 'white balls' then it just seemed to make my hair dry/hard-I obviously needed to maybe another oil???

yes.. on the isle w/the cooking oils, but its in a tub like container and yes it looks like whipped butter of some sort :yep:
I haven't used it on its own with nothing added to it. Ya know you could always melt it right? It does liquefy

Yeah!! I'm so happy for you!! Thanks for posting this!! I've been trying a lot of great conditioners lately (Shescentit, Curl Junkie, Oyin, KBB, etc...) and they have all been "just Ok" for me. Not bad, but not spectacular like I expected. I am going to try adding in some Crisco... wow.... even typing that is funny!! Lol!! But you have beautiful hair so I think it's worth giving it a try :).

I have GOTS to get me some CRISCO!! :lachen:

I was hearing good things about it before but never got my lazy butt around to getting some to try in my hair!

How did you mix it with the cholesterol? Doesn't the Cholesterol conditioner have water in it? Seems like the two wouldn't combine or that they would separate? Did you have to use like a hand mixer or something? Were you able to use it on wet hair or was your hair dry when you put it in?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I just really want to know what you did. :yep::grin:

I have GOTS to get me some CRISCO!! :lachen:

I was hearing good things about it before but never got my lazy butt around to getting some to try in my hair!

How did you mix it with the cholesterol? Doesn't the Cholesterol conditioner have water in it? Seems like the two wouldn't combine or that they would separate? Did you have to use like a hand mixer or something? Were you able to use it on wet hair or was your hair dry when you put it in?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I just really want to know what you did. :yep::grin:
The cholesterol doesn't have water in it as far as i know. They combine fine and i used a spoon to mix it all together. If you just want a smoother mix you can use a hand mixer. And i used it on wet hair

Sounds interesting. What kind of cholesterol (what brand) do u use? Where do u get wheat germ oil?? I looked up the ingredients of the crisc & doesn't sound bad: SOYBEAN OIL, FULLY HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED PALM AND SOYBEAN OILS, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, TBHQ AND CITRIC ACID (ANTIOXIDANTS).

Sounds interesting. What kind of cholesterol (what brand) do u use? Where do u get wheat germ oil?? I looked up the ingredients of the crisc & doesn't sound bad: SOYBEAN OIL, FULLY HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED PALM AND SOYBEAN OILS, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, TBHQ AND CITRIC ACID (ANTIOXIDANTS).
LeKair Cholestrol and the wheat germ oil i ordered from i herb

uumm...yeeeah I been using Crisco (mixed with Thanda Oil, hair moisturizer) my hair LOOOOOOOOVES it so much.

Back