I Think MSM Is Messing W/ My Cycle!

lizjoseph

Ok, so I've been on birth control for about 3 years now and because of this my cycle has been in check. I know exactly when my "friend" will come ad go. Tell me why last month when I first started taking MSM my friend showed up 5 days early! It was only spotting so I stopped taking it. Guess what? The spotting stopped too. So fine, 5 days pass and I get my "friend" as usual. Then I said I wasn't going to take it this month and I kept my word for the most part. Then I started thinking that maybe the reason I've been getting all this growth was a combination of everything I've been doing, pills included. So last night I pop 1000mg of MSM and go to sleep. Guess what I woke up too? Spotting!! And it was a little more than last time. (Sorry if this is grossing some people out.) So basically I'ma lay off the MSM for a while. I need to really figure out if it's the MSM, or just the BC that's out of whack. Has anyone else experienced changes in their cycle due to MSM?

DarkAngell

Yea she's right ive seen this in many posts. But ..ill comment here anyway! Its so funny that you mention it because i have had my period for a couple of days and i have to say ive never had it this heavy in my life. And also....the pms was alot different. i usually just get depressed a few days before it drops....but this time i got RELLLY sick right before....

I have a very irregular period due to having endometriosis. Sometimes i wouldnt get my period for 4 months in a row..then id get it 2 months in a row...then maybe not for another 3 months. It was crazy. Since ive been taking the msn ive had it 3 months in a row straight almost on the same day. So believe it or not i think the msn is what made me regular lol. go figure!

But definately check those pages out because ive heard alot of other women complain about this as well.

lejardinier

My third month on MSM and once again my period is one week late. This supplement definitely affects my period. I've been regular my entire life and am not affected by anything.I'm on an extremely low dose. I actually quartered the dose on the packaging and will be going off of this and will be increasing sulfur-rich foods instead.

HoneyDew

MSM has caused my period to be 2 weeks late. I stopped using it to see if I can get back in order. Not worth it, IMO.

cicilypayne

I just started taking MSM again just to sort of use it up got a full bottle and and 1/2 I hope the cycle irregularities don't happen to me:( :(

klb120475

This is my third month on MSM....the first 2 months my cycle came a week early...but this month I'm back on 28th day schedule. Praise God! I luv MSM....I don't have monthly cramps anymore, my skin is beautiful and soft. I can't rave enuff about this stuff! But as many have said before, our bodies are differenent and may respond to certain vitamins differently than others, so do what's best for you.;)

pinayprincess

MSM doesn't work for some people. I was one of them. However, if you can get past the side effects (headache, nausea, etc.) it's a wonderful supplement. Make sure you introduce it to your system gradually, this is a problem for most of us, because the 3000-5000 mg dosage is pretty hefty in comparison to the bottle/jar's directions. Be wary of these things, and good luck!