MSM and monthly cycle

janeemat

Has anyone had a problem with MSM delaying their monthly cycle? I've been taking it a couple of weeks now. My cycle it usually like clock work but now it's a few days late. I've have all of the yucky monthly feelings but no flow.

I stopped taken m&m long ago becuse of the headache,acne,lazyness,and other, if my doctor didnt perscribe i aint taken it.

When I was on MSM aunt flo was so heavy and waterfall like it was totally miserable. I went thru 2x the pads I usually go thru......I stopped taking it after that.

Yeah, it did a li'l number on me too.

My periods weren't delayed, but they were a bit heavier, the smell was awful (I know, TMI), the cramps were relentless, & I bit everybody's head off (not the norm for me).

So no takey MSM for about a month now.

I may make some adjustments in intake amounts & increase water consumption w/it, but I consider myself on a break.

I will say that my menstrual was heavier, more clots (sorry tmi)... But I am going to stop taking it because my hair is becoming to straight.

I stopped taking it within a week or two of starting. It gave me severe headaches! Come to think about it, I was late that month too. I'll bet it had something to do with it.

That's strange. Wonder what is it about the sulfur to delay or cause it be heavier. I haven't had any headaches. As far a making hair too straight, these beady beads could use some straightening. Thanks ladies.

It made me late and cranky (not normal for me at all). Not to mention the cramps were atrocious. I can't do msm....at all.

I am so sorry you ladies experienced such heavy cycles, headaches and not the optimum health with MSM.

I have to laugh at what a hard time I had trying to use MTG. I broke out something terrible and had serious headaches. I switched to MSM and have had great success. MSM has really been good for me. It seems like it would be good for others but sometimes our bodies will tell us the truth.

Ok wow I dont take a lot of MSM just what is in my multivitamin but my flow was very heavy...it freaked me out but I thought it was because I stopped taking Birth Control (3 months ago but you know it takes a while for your body to get back to normal)

Hasn't had that effect on me. I don't have cramps hardly anymore. I won't attribute it to MSM though. I've changed too much stuff over the last few months to know for sure.

For the past 2 weeks I've been taking Jarrow MSM capsules - 1,000 or 2000mg/day. They caused me to have horrible menstrual cramps and my period lasted an extra two days.

I was surprised because I used Source Naturals MSM powder many years ago and I didn't have any negative side effects when taking a similiar dosage. I just performed the MSM purity test on my Jarrow product and it failed. So, you might want to test your MSM and switch brands if it's unpure. I just ordered MSM Lignisul crystals and will see how that works for me.

Back