I Just Cheated On Creme of Nature...And Im Glad I Did...Ayurveda Rules!

BeautifulFlower

Shikakai Shampoo Bars are the bomb...:grin::yep:

Well...tonight I began my regular routine....

Prepoo with lots of coconut oil scratch and let sit for an hour
Prepoo with amla oil scratch and let sit 15-20mins
Rinse with warm-hot water for 15-20mins
Then usually I shampoo with Creme of Nature Moisturizing and Detangling Shampoo then DC with Creme of Nature Moisturizing and Conditioning Conditioner. :eek:

But I took a detour.... :dizzy:

I ran into my room and grab this little gift that came with my Shikakai Herbal Oil, a Shikakai Shampoo Bar. I rubbed it on my hair, let it lather, then rinse. It was so weird. My hair has never been that soft after a wash.

:dance7:
I didnt even feel like I needed to DC (but I aint crazy now:wallbash:).

I am not for bandwagons but if Ayurvedic products are in your regimen maybe you can try adding this. :bdance:

I doubt you will be sorry. :woot:

Last edited:

sareca

I use regular shampoo once/month (after I henna). My hair Hates shampoo but loves Ayurvedics. I'm glad you had a good experience.

BeautifulFlower

Yes OH Yes... The experience was wonderful...

But honestly, my hair never felt so clean yet soft. At first I thought it left a bad residue but it wasnt that at all... :yep:

sareca

Yes OH Yes... The experience was wonderful...

But honestly, my hair never felt so clean yet soft. At first I thought it left a bad residue but it wasnt that at all...
:yep:

I know exactly what you're talking about. Shampoo NEVER did that for me. No matter how much or little I used my hair always felt stripped. The worse part is I didn't even realize it felt stripped until I stopped poo'g.

Candy_C

YYYYAAY!!!

i'm sooo happy for you pretty!

shampoo is a tangle maker man, i dont think its made for black hair at allllll

Jetblackhair

Congratulations on finding something that works for your hair. I may have to give this a try. Where did you purchase the products from?

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Last night after pre-pooing with Shikakai, Alma and Coconut, massaging/scrithing for awhile, I rinsed with warm water. Then I used my Shikakai/Alma/Reetha shampoo and my hair was SOOOOOOO soft!! I was shocked. I didn't use powders this time around. I won't start 'til after my relaxer. But I, too, generally use CON shampoo and was thinking about using it last night but I'm glad that I didn't! Deep conditioned with Silicon/LeKair Shea Butter Cholesterol with heat. Rinsed with cold water. Added Gro-Aut oils, leave-in, detangled only slightly enough to gather in a ponytail, put hair in scunci ponytail and wrapped in a silk scarf with a large roller on the end.

This morning I awoke with GORGEOUS, shiny, thick-looking hair! My hair was so soft and supple!!

I added more moisturizer and sealed with mahabhringraj and bhringraj oils. Wore my standard bun. My hair was beautiful and shiny, healthy looking. I'm so glad that these Ayurveda products are working for you, PrettyFaceANB and all of us, it seems. :yep:

BeautifulFlower

I thought I would never leave crème of nature's side. when its in the hair it felt great. after not so much. I think I may have to lay shampoo to rest. well ill use this bottle up first.
YYYYAAY!!!

i'm sooo happy for you pretty!

shampoo is a tangle maker man, i dont think its made for black hair at allllll

Spongie Bloom

i got home on sunday from university for my xmas break on sunday removed my braids and so ready to try all these new products that i bought :lick: and i waddaya know i forgot my two bars of areetha soap and shikakai soap... man, on man :wallbash:

BeautifulFlower

Congratulations on finding something that works for your hair. I may have to give this a try. Where did you purchase the products from?

I got it in my Ancient Formulae Shikakai Herbal Hair Oil. It was a little gift that came with it. The Soap is called Ancient Formulae Ayumix Soap Shikakai. I got it from my local indian grocery store.

BeautifulFlower

Last night after pre-pooing with Shikakai, Alma and Coconut, massaging/scrithing for awhile, I rinsed with warm water. Then I used my Shikakai/Alma/Reetha shampoo and my hair was SOOOOOOO soft!! I was shocked. I didn't use powders this time around. I won't start 'til after my relaxer. But I, too, generally use CON shampoo and was thinking about using it last night but I'm glad that I didn't! Deep conditioned with Silicon/LeKair Shea Butter Cholesterol with heat. Rinsed with cold water. Added Gro-Aut oils, leave-in, detangled only slightly enough to gather in a ponytail, put hair in scunci ponytail and wrapped in a silk scarf with a large roller on the end.

This morning I awoke with GORGEOUS, shiny, thick-looking hair! My hair was so soft and supple!!

I added more moisturizer and sealed with mahabhringraj and bhringraj oils. Wore my standard bun. My hair was beautiful and shiny, healthy looking. I'm so glad that these Ayurveda products are working for you, PrettyFaceANB and all of us, it seems. :yep:

Off to find a replacement conditioner :bouncegre:love3::pulpdance:

Dposh167

:wallbash:WEEEELLLLLL i don't know what it was that I did wrong with that skikakai bar. I just used it this weekend. right after i rinsed the shampoo out i ran my fingers thru my hair and these big clumps of hair starting coming out. like it snapped off or sumthin. so i ran my hair under the water for another 15 looong minutes. it did make my hair stronger tho, but was i not supposed to manipulate my hair a lot when using that stuff or what?

BeautifulFlower

It should lather up just like any other soap bar. Next time try rubbing it in your hands first then putting it in your hair. I just rubbed it on my hair but maybe rubbing it in your hands first. Was your hair really tangled at first?

:wallbash:WEEEELLLLLL i don't know what it was that I did wrong with that skikakai bar. I just used it this weekend. right after i rinsed the shampoo out i ran my fingers thru my hair and these big clumps of hair starting coming out. like it snapped off or sumthin. so i ran my hair under the water for another 15 looong minutes. it did make my hair stronger tho, but was i not supposed to manipulate my hair a lot when using that stuff or what?

Last edited:

Candy_C

tresemmme has a great conditioner - its up there with Keracare Humecto

its the one valled vitamin b5 - moisturzing conditioner

its thick like humecto in-a-tub and very moisturizing

BeautifulFlower

tresemmme has a great conditioner - its up there with Keracare Humecto

its the one valled vitamin b5 - moisturzing conditioner

its thick like humecto in-a-tub and very moisturizing

Dont get me wrong.. I really like CON Conditioner and I do have that Tresseme conditioner :grin: but maybe an Ayurveda conditioner would be nicer, ya know?

Candy_C

Dont get me wrong.. I really like CON Conditioner and I do have that Tresseme conditioner :grin: but maybe an Ayurveda conditioner would be nicer, ya know?

mmmm but which one?

i still havent tried any

western conditioners r pretty good

its just westernised shampoos

they r junk

vivEz daNs lamouR

I currently only use Aveda DR for my hair. Is it worth stopping that to try Ayurveda products? Where can I order these online? What's the regimen like?

BeautifulFlower

mmmm but which one?

i still havent tried any

western conditioners r pretty good

its just westernised shampoos

they r junk

Yeah you're right... conditioners arent so bad, I rather like my CON Conditioner and Silicon Mix:yep:...I guess I was getting excited with Ayurveda:lachen:

R

Reslnt1

where exaactly is this grocery store b/c i am going to try and go tomorrow and get

BeautifulFlower

I currently only use Aveda DR for my hair. Is it worth stopping that to try Ayurveda products? Where can I order these online? What's the regimen like?

If DR works well, then keep using it. If you feel your hair can do better than try something new. You can always go back to Aveda DR. No commitments, give it a test if you like. I recommended a prepoo with coconut and amla oil before though.

aja1121

I talked to numerous Indian women and they do NOT condition after they wash. They condition with the oils before they wash. I see why, my hair felt so soft after I washed with the Shikakai powder. I prepooed with a commercial coconut amla oil and now I finally have the real stuff. I can't wait to use it. I don't know if I can give up conditioner though:ohwell:

lollyoo

glad it worked for you.
have been using the amla and brahmi rinse as strengthener since september and I have to say i love my hair. Strong and soft no more prtotein conditioner for me. Also use amla oil but been using this since 1999.
Am stretching this long because of this combo, initial plan was to stretch for 17wks, am now 18wks going for 30wks.
Happy growing

scarcity21

I talked to numerous Indian women and they do NOT condition after they wash. They condition with the oils before they wash. I see why, my hair felt so soft after I washed with the Shikakai powder. I prepooed with a commercial coconut amla oil and now I finally have the real stuff. I can't wait to use it. I don't know if I can give up conditioner though:ohwell:

how did u use the shikaikai powder to wash???