I had some time on my hand...., wanted to share my $2.95 hair-do

It is the RED HEART brand. I only needed one roll and I still have plenty left over. I will let you all know when I take it out.

This looks really nice. I was planning on wrapping my hair with yarn but I like this better. And 2.95! Was it the Michael's brand or a different one? You have to keep us updated when you take it out.

I intend to keep it in for 2 months but that depends on if I get minimal fuzz. A guy here (his name starts with a T) swears by this method which he uses to grow his hair out (I love his hair BTW!). He keeps the braids in 2 months at a time - he actually inspired me to research the yarn method. All you have to do is spray the braids with moisturizer like you would other braids. This Heart brand does not seem to cause dryness but don't use cotton yarn cause that brand will.

I like it!! Any particular brand of yarn. Will it dry out your hair? How long can you keep it in?
Sorry for the questions.

These look really great. I think today is the day that I try to redo some of my braids.

I needed the inspiration!!

I added a few more pictures on the front page. I really love this yarn thing. The average braider would have probably taken 4-5 hours, so do not be influenced by my 8hrs. I also did other things in between, and this is my first time doing the yarn braids and I tell you, ANYBODY can do it. It's that easy.

Thanks for sharing Mystic. After I use all of my human hair for kinky twists I will try this method. I've knitted with Red Heart yarn before but it never occurred to me to braid my hair with it. $2.95 - I'm sold!

Subscribing.

I am going to try this in two weeks. I will get the yarn this weekend if I can. What a great ideal. I can't wait to try it and I can't braid to save myself. but I guess I will learn. love you hair.

Great job! These look so good. You have just given me my summertime protective style Thanks for sharing.

Wow, Mystic! I love your yarn braids! Plus I have an enormous stash of yarn for crocheting but now my 2 toddlers make crochet nothing more than a fond memory, :lachen:Now I know what to do with it all!

I am sending lots of aloha to the adoptive mother in that youtube vid... OMG good for her! She really learned how to take care of her little girl's hair! I bet she gets ignorant comments from people :nono: ... but that didn't stop her. I love how cute her little girl is!

Really nice. Thank you for reminding me about yarn braids, because I'd totally forgotten about them. Can you use yarn and braid just past your actual hair? I don't think I want to have braids much longer than that.

They look so great!!! love them. i need a change like that!!(for cheap too!)

How are they to remove?Is is like removing braids or do they get tangled(form locs)?

I am sending lots of aloha to the adoptive mother in that youtube vid... OMG good for her! She really learned how to take care of her little girl's hair! I bet she gets ignorant comments from people :nono: ... but that didn't stop her. I love how cute her little girl is!

Yes, I admire the mother also. She definitely has a lot of patience and took the time to understand her daughter's hair. I think she is doing a great job, and her daughter's hair is paying off - it's pretty long also.

Really nice. Thank you for reminding me about yarn braids, because I'd totally forgotten about them. Can you use yarn and braid just past your actual hair? I don't think I want to have braids much longer than that.

Thank you~ You can braid it just pass your hair or way pass like mine. If your hair is very long, I would braid it just a little bit beyond your hair for the added protection.

They look so great!!! love them. i need a change like that!!(for cheap too!)

How are they to remove?Is is like removing braids or do they get tangled(form locs)?

I haven't removed it as yet so I am assuming it's the same way. I have seen a few women remove it on Youtube and it doesn't tangle at all. Just cut the ends of the braids close to where your natural hair is and there shouldn't be any problems.

Back