I got my hairline threaded!! Results...

CHEEKQUEEN

Oh wow, thank GOD I wasn't alone on this one. I get mine threaded once every other month. I like my baby hair, but it can get a little out of control at times. :grin:

jevetta

I need to find someone to thread my whole face!! I have so much hair it looks like a man's five oclock shadow, and I can see the hairs on my cheeks!! I will look into this. Jeve

inthepink

I remember that episode of ANTM!

Your hairline looks great! I see many people with hairlines that grow really low. I think it's cute but I must say, the threaded look is even better!

newflowers

Threading is a wonderful process and so much gentler on the skin. I used to get waxed until I discovered threading about four years ago. Now, I go to my salon in Little India once a month - eyebrows, chin, sideburns, hairline - threading is quick and it lasts. Like the OP said, as long as the skin is taut, it is not particularly painful - IMO. I do have a daughter who thinks it hurts like crazy.

Check out regular salons as well as Indian ones. At the Indian salon, the cost is low; at the local salon it is not, but they do offer the service.

Empress Yahudah

It looks realy good Ive seen this done in an Indian salon in Baltimore when I was getting waxed. They thread eye brows and I thick upper lip hairs.
Very very cheap prices too.

Suerte

My hairline does this too. I bleach the part that is on my forehead.

Threading...I'm scared of how it would grow back in :perplexed

Yours looks great. Glad you have the courage that I don't have.

HighlyFavored1

Your hairline looks very natural. they did a good job. didn't it hurt like a beyoctah?

LOL, ok it really did not hurt me (and i mean, it definitely aint on the level of a bikini wax, or even close), but let me just say that I know some people can not stand threading. I took my one friend to get her eyebrows done and she was crying and flinching and carrying on :lachen:, but she is kind of dramatic like that :ohwell:. I took another friend and she was just fine and still does it.

As far as eyebrows, I have seen them do amazing things for people with shapeless or thin eyebrows, like magic!

I think the pain is affected by how long your hairs are though, because when they do the space between and just above my eyebrows (those tiny tiny hairs) it does not hurt at all, I hardly feel it.

BUT, dont come back screaming bloody murder at me if you get anything threaded and it hurts you like crazy.

Thanks for all the compliments :eek: