My hairline..a few progress photos

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar
Some of you know I decided to get the follicle hair transplant in December. I'm embarrassed to show my early pictures but I will because it may help someone. I am very pleased with my results so far. It has seven months. Here are a few pictures. I wore sew-ins because I am transitioning so you me see weave.:lol:

The beginning

A few months after (about 4-5 months after)

Today

I still have a way to go but I am definitely happy with what I see so far.

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
I see a lot of progress. I'm so happy for you and I know it must feel good to see something working, congrats.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
It worked!!! Your hair looks great, and it will only get better. I'm so happy for you. The ladies that were on the fence about the procedure will be glad to see these photos.

MsDee14

wow. Your hairline looks great. Would have never known it looked like the before pics. Congrats on making such great progress!!

greenandchic

Your hair looks great! I remember the thread from December and wondered if there was any progress. Thanks for sharing.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I remember your first post. Your progress is amazing! Thanks for sharing - you will inspire someone who's going through the same thing.

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar
Where did you get help?

I went to a doctor in New Orleans who specializes in hair restoration. Fine 4s

What happened to your hairline? Did you shave it off or did it come out? If so, how?

My hairline was already thin from tight ponytails as a child. And then I got micro braids in 2006 and my hairline was totally bald after that. Nothing I did made fill in. I even tried the cortisone injections for a year. It helped a little but it never filled in completely. virtuenow

Thanks everyone. The dr. told me I should see full results after a year.

reeko43

That looks great! Something I may have to keep in mind. I have some areas that just aren't growing no matter what I do. Thanks so much for sharing :)

jayjaycurlz

Awesome progress! I can totally see that your hairline is filling in beautifully. Please share what you're doing.

Babysaffy

Anonymous1 said:
I went to a doctor in New Orleans who specializes in hair restoration. Fine 4s

My hairline was already thin from tight ponytails as a child. And then I got micro braids in 2006 and my hairline was totally bald after that. Nothing I did made fill in. I even tried the cortisone injections for a year. It helped a little but it never filled in completely. virtuenow

Thanks everyone. The dr. told me I should see full results after a year.

Did it hurt a lot? This could be an option for my mum.