i did the bc today after 22 month transition

Congrats, it looks beautiful!
And don't worry, you do have a lot of hair. Welcome to the world of shrinkage.:grin:

I am sorry that things didn't turn out the way you planned but your hair turned out great! L

i did the bc today after 22 month transition- 7 month update with pics

i decided to update this thread, b/c its been 7 months since my big chop, and 2 years and 5 months since my last relaxer so i decided to have my hair straightened today. i haven't straightened my hair since november 2010. i am a little disappointed because i feel like i should have more length for >2 years of growth. my ultimate goal is wl/bsl but i know that is probably atleast 2 years away. i need to be more vigilant about consistently taking my vitamins and applying beemine everynight. i probably won't straighten again for another 6 months for my next length check. considering how short i felt my hair was in feb. when i first did the bc, this definently is progress, but i can't help but feel disappointed because i am still soo far from my goal. it doesn't help when i look back at old pics when i was transitioning and really miss my hair length from then (pre-color disaster) anyways, here are the updated pics. i also attached my more recent wash 'n go from ~july 2011. maybe i have hairnorexia lol. anyways, here are the pics...

wash 'n go in july
IMAG0404-2-1.jpg

IMAG0395-1-1-1.jpg

prestraightening stretched hair
IMAG0009-1-1.jpg

straightened
IMAG0015-1-1-1.jpg

IMAG0020-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back