I cowashed this morning....Can I relax tonight?

freshlikemoi

Hey Hairmily! (A little concotion of Hair and Family)

Yesterday evening I took out my sewn in which was only in for a week. However, prior to that, I had a weave in for about 6 weeks.

I am finally ready to relax after an 18 week stretch. However, I cowashed this morning with my roomates Pantene Hydrating curls, then Deep Conditioned in the shower Aussie Deep Conditioner, rinsed detangled and slicked back into a bun.

---Long story shorter I want to relax tonight? Can I?

I think u already know the answer- bad idea, but upto u.

Thanx for the response :look:

--I didn't know the answer that's why I posted the question and while I understand that it is ultimately up to me, I wanted to know what you guys thought.

....Thanx again.

Last edited:
Nope, wait two days then relax.

OKay, see I knew there was a bit of a time frame but I was not sure how long. Because, the way I saw it, I had just conditioned it this morning but the only difference was with water and conditioner.

Two days will do. I just couldnt wait a whole week. Heck Naw.

Thanx:grin:

OKay, see I knew there was a bit of a time frame but I was not sure how long. Because, the way I saw it, I had just conditioned it this morning but the only difference was with water and conditioner.

Two days will do. I just couldnt wait a whole week. Heck Naw.

Thanx:grin:
You're welcome. Yeah. it has to do with your pores being opened and scalp agitation. If you did do it today, the relaxer would burn you. If you waited for the 2 days, it gives your scalp a chance to rest from the agitation. Don't scratch for those 2 days and you'll be good to go for the perm :yep:

Even though I'm natural I used to be relaxed so I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents :grin:

Your scalp seems pretty sensitive... even if you DIDN'T cw the fact that you just took out a sewin should be enough to tell you that if you do do a relaxer you're risking scalp irritation.. I say wait it out.. but by all means do you.

Yes you can do it...if you want your scalp to burn :burn:! I'm natural, but in my relaxed days, any touching of the scalp was a big no no :nono: prior to getting a touch up.

Thanx for the response :look:

--I didn't know the answer that's why I posted the question and while I understand that it is ultimately up to me, I wanted to know what you guys thought.

....Thanx again.

Sorry :lachen:I really thought it was one of those moments when you know its bad for you....but you want to be convinced that its ok..sorry ....glad your gonna wait x

I always wash with poo and condition in the morning and relax at night. I've always done this when doing my own hair. When I went to the hairdresser she refuse to relax it wet and I always burned when she did it. I never burn when I wash first.

I always wash with poo and condition in the morning and relax at night. I've always done this when doing my own hair. When I went to the hairdresser she refuse to relax it wet and I always burned when she did it. I never burn when I wash first.
:blush:You relaxed your hair wet?? Wow, you REALLY ARE gangsta! :lol: My head would be one big scab.

Thanx so much for your insight. :grin:

I think you should wait a few days since you just took out your weave yesterday. Your scalp is probably a little irritated so you might want to give your scalp some time to heal before putting in a relaxer, otherwise I think it might burn badly.

Lawd, I have to wait more than 2 days to put a relaxer in my head after I wash.

My scalp is sen-si-tive.....:nono:

GL w/ that tho'.

I personally wouldn't do it!:nono: I guess it depends on how sensitive your scalp is. My last stretch was about 18 weeks, and I had a weave in for 3 weeks of that period. After I took it down I waited a week to relax b/c I wanted to give the hair time to 'breathe' before I did something else to it. And even after all that my scalp was still burning and I had to have my stylist wash it out way before she finished working it all the way through.

Back