I am cutting all of my hair off!

BrooklynSouth

I feel your pain! The first few months into transition {letting my natural hair grow out without coloring the silver strands} were a breeze then months 4-6 were painful, lots of hair in the comb, sore scalp, sore behind my ears too. I'm sticking with it and it really has become easier as I reach the 1 year mark and learn to love my silver, natural hair. I was going to BC in April but I think I'll continue the natural hair twists and braids under wigs. I bought Kanekelon braid hair in color 280 just in case I jump off the wig challenge this Spring and wear braids for a while or continue wigs if I can fit the extensions under my wigs..

mistee11

I hear you loud and clear and completely understand this phase of your transition as far as where you are coming from. But just stop and think it out fully before you do the bc. I did mine in Nov., me too stating that I was going to transition for 8-9 months at the longest. But realized myself that as much as I tried to hang in there I could not handle the two textures........relaxed part super stringy and fragile and the new growth knotting up all over the place.

I just want you to be sure before you take that huge leap to the completeness of the nappy side, cause once you cut it off you can't put it back. I have'nt seen my natural hair for years and now I am loving it so much. One thing though I must warn you be prepared to have lots of head bands and other accessories. YOu will still look pretty though if you do bc. But I promise you your hair will come in much healthier. Good luck with your decision girl!!!! I am rooting for you all the way.:yep:

I'm going through the exact same thing!!! See yesterday's post titled "I thought I was doin' all right"... I'm contemplating chopping it all of too. Got a ton of new growth with just a few ugly straggly relaxed pieces hangin' on causing me to look like a homeless scrub! :lachen: I was encouraged though by the many replies to just hang in there. I plan to go see a stylist next week - one who specializes in natural and relaxed hair care.

brandy

Brandy I'll let you know how it goes for me. I'm about to wash it right now but I'm not going to braid it until I prepoo it and rinse it. I am so envious of your BC! I want to but I think I am going to have to wait until I have a little more hair. I can't wait to see your pics!
I have posted some photos. How did it go for you? I wish you the best of luck:yep:

brandy

Sorry I am getting back to you very late. I had a problem with my account for a little while and could not post. I just want to thank all you wonderful people for the great support you have given me. Thank you all:yep::rosebud:.

trey21

I have posted some photos. How did it go for you? I wish you the best of luck:yep:
I'm still hanging in there. This is some thick stuff on my head! I plan on trying to hold out for at least another 4-5 months and see how it goes. Detangling is getting easier as I learn new tips/techniques from the ladies on this board. I can't wait to see more pics of your progress!