Huetiful Steamer Question

starfish

Hi Ladies,
My table top steamer arrived today and I just used it. Perfect timing because I just got back from swimming. I have a question about steaming the back of your hair.

The huetiful steamer seems shallow and the back of my hair, about from ear level down, didn't get steamed.

Towards the end I realized that piling my hair on top of my head might not work as well, so I put all that hair on the side and then, with my head tilted down a little bit, I could feel the steam getting my nape a little warm.

Next time I'll put two Princess Leah twists on the sides of my head to see if this works better.

Do the Salons R Us Pro steamers have this same problem? Do you have to adjust where your hair is for more efficient steaming? On the website the pro steamers' bonnets look bigger.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

niecy8892

Hi Ladies,
My table top steamer arrived today and I just used it. Perfect timing because I just got back from swimming. I have a question about steaming the back of your hair.

The huetiful steamer seems shallow and the back of my hair, about from ear level down, didn't get steamed.

Towards the end I realized that piling my hair on top of my head might not work as well, so I put all that hair on the side and then, with my head tilted down a little bit, I could feel the steam getting my nape a little warm.

Next time I'll put two Princess Leah twists on the sides of my head to see if this works better.

Do the Salons R Us Pro steamers have this same problem? Do you have to adjust where your hair is for more efficient steaming? On the website the pro steamers' bonnets look bigger.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
I have this problem, too. That bowl is entirely too shallow. Halfway thru my session I turn around and put the back of my head into the top of the bowl and that usually does the trick, as uncomfortable as it is. I see that this post is really old...please let me know what you've done since then!