HOW WILL IT LOOK WHEN................

Casarela

Hi Ladies , is it just me or anybody else trying to figure out what their hair will look like in its natural state when it gets longer?? Like the long hair ladies who had their hair short in the past did it change that much? Reson why I am asking is because I was talking to my gurl about hair and she said once your hair grows down your back it wont be the same no more...and I was like o-k ( I had my hair long in the past but tex lax so I dont think it will behave the same) . She than said that my curls would stretch the longer my hair gets.....DOES THE LENGHT REALLY MAKES THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE ON CURLS??

Casarela

BillsBackerz67

as it gets longer it will stretch a little bit more at the roots because of the weight of the hair. well at least mine does.

calbear

I am transitioning...and it's only been about 9 months so i don't personally know yet but my bff (who is 3c and natural) talks about this all the time. She is probably about mid back length when straightened but wears it curly 24/7. She loathes even a trim for the fact that her curls won't be the same - it wont have the same weight is what she says.

Casarela

see thats what i was thinking there cannnnnnnt be that much of a difference just a light stretch because she was telling me how my waves wouldnt be the same when i bun my hair ...thats what I was wondering there cant be SUCH a drastic change as she explained.

as it gets longer it will stretch a little bit more at the roots because of the weight of the hair. well at least mine does.

Forever in Bloom

Definitely. Check out my siggy from December and this pic. I went from a tight spiral curl to a wave and I am only at the 5 inch mark ?? In both instances I used the Denman brush :yep:

Attachments

• patternchange4.jpg
    patternchange4.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 42

Casarela

talking about me going back to my gurl and task her where did she pick up that non sense
I think ill keep my mouth zipped ....

I am transitioning...and it's only been about 9 months so i don't personally know yet but my bff (who is 3c and natural) talks about this all the time. She is probably about mid back length when straightened but wears it curly 24/7. She loathes even a trim for the fact that her curls won't be the same - it wont have the same weight is what she says.

Casarela

Thanks for the pics ...it really shows how it can vary from one lenght to another. I recall the bush I use to have over my shoulders but I dont recall any stretching THAT MUCH at that time and I guess ill just have to deal with the hair once it gets longer and see wheres my stretching point..

Definitely. Check out my siggy from December and this pic. I went from a tight spiral curl to a wave and I am only at the 5 inch mark ?? In both instances I used the Denman brush :yep:

BillsBackerz67

see thats what i was thinking there cannnnnnnt be that much of a difference just a light stretch because she was telling me how my waves wouldnt be the same when i bun my hair ...thats what I was wondering there cant be SUCH a drastic change as she explained.
yeah it really isnt. the only person I can think of whose hair looks slightly different as it grew was Cichelle's. when she BC's her curls seemed like a really tight 3b but as it got longer and is tailbone, the roots are S shaped and the ends are still curled. the weight of the hair made the difference it seems.

cmw45

I mean, there will be a slight change...but this is due to the weight being added and "stretching" your hair. If you are wearing your hair up...in a bun...I don't think it should change that much. Either way, you bun will be gorgeous.

Casarela

thanks ladies for taking the time to answer, I definetly understand that from one person to another things differs and that I shouldnt expect a drastic change thnks alot :)

Thanks again

Casarela

Kurly K

im pretty curious as well because i can see mine changing already so what will it be like when its APL and longer?????

bLackButtaFly

mine changed somewhat. It does get a looser curl b/c of the weight. I couldn't really tell until I was about apl that my curls were lengthening, but i expect when you reach other points like mbl then you can see a definite difference.

Mook's hair

I have wondered this many times. in addition to wondering what mine will be like with out these relaxed ends hanging on.

But I ain't ready yet.:look::look:

Casarela

When I think about it ...from my short BC I had in dec 07 its true that my hair was totally different in terms of curls although I dont have a pic of my BC I do have the pic of my bc I did in 2003 and its totally different So as I said ill have to see when I get to my ultimate goal WL

cmesweet

I don't see much of a difference really in my hair, plus it's not growing down anytime soon.

4 years and 5 months