How To's

Re: How To\'s

this is a wonderful thread
smile.gif

Thanks for the info ladies
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Spagirl, you ARE on a roll!!! I found one that may be helpful for self-braiders:

Do-It-Yourself Braids

Scroll down and click on the braids link...

[/ QUOTE ]
JenJen....great website... I don't wear braids...but I'd like to learn so I can do 2 of my neice's hair...
Thanks!

This is a great thread Sapgirl!

Girl, you've been busy! I like the long locks site as well. Time to get out the mannequin head and update my braiding techniques. How do they braid with their fingers like that!

[ QUOTE ]
Girl, you've been busy! I like the long locks site as well. Time to get out the mannequin head and update my braiding techniques. How do they braid with their fingers like that!

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto!
trampoline.gif

Spagirl....where do you get a mannequin head from? And how much does it cost?

I purchase these for my girls at a local college but, I've seen them in the beauty supply stores. I've even seen them in Sally's occasionally.

I think I paid about $30 something post tax. I think the price varies starting around $20 (on sale) and can go beyond $100.

[ QUOTE ]
Spagirl, you ARE on a roll!!! I found one that may be helpful for self-braiders:

Do-It-Yourself Braids

Scroll down and click on the braids link...

Here are a couple of great discussion threads from this board on self-braiding:
The Crown and Glory Method
Lots of Helpful Braiding Tips in this thread...

[/ QUOTE ]

Gurl, those are some nice style sites up in that "Lots of Helpful Braiding Tip" link. When I clicked on your link and it took me to "I did my own braids!" I was like this is some good stuff up in here. I even came across a "How-to" interlock by a member named Faith (aka Swttng) Just had to make a direct link to it. Each picture gives a description if you click on it:

How to Interlock

I also enjoyed the how-to on braid extensions under your "Do-It-Yourself Braids" link. I took the advise of LuvableLady which was "You can ignore the pictures (if you want to)"...I did (ignore the pictures).
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I like the long locks site as well

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes just noticed that it was posted prior which I didn't see before because the site was hiding behind a cut...

Well a good thing can't be repeated often enough or hmm something
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Spagirl....where do you get a mannequin head from? And how much does it cost?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I purchase these for my girls at a local college but, I've seen them in the beauty supply stores. I've even seen them in Sally's occasionally.

I think I paid about $30 something post tax. I think the price varies starting around $20 (on sale) and can go beyond $100.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pet, here is a site that might be helpful if you can't find them locally.

Mannequin heads online

HTH!

Very cool Zanna...I wondered if that worked. Would like to stop relying on stylists for trimming. Will have to try that when I get brave enough! Thanks for commenting!
smile.gif

I've been searching all day for tips on exactly how to use that foam bun hair thingy to make a perfect bun. Well, I finally came across this: make a perfect bun with a foam donut

This technique is more for a HIGH bun but I think it would work for a low bun. I'm going to try this tomorrow after I wash. Here's a drawn picture of it..this really helps me out! diagram

One more thing...

This is a picture of the chignon/bun look I'm trying to achieve:
rat.jpg

I wish I could find out where she bought that bun design jewel thingy.

Here's a picture of the rats they sell at A Discount Beauty

hairartrats.jpg

And here is the donut that they sell at Sally's

480802.jpg

I will probably purchase this today though I think the rats from A Discount Beauty would be easier to work with.

HairLove, good luck to you on making your bun. The one in the picture is beautiful. I am quite sure you will achieve that same look with no problem at all!

Re: How To\'s-Ponytail Set

Does anyone here know how to do a ponytail set, I've read that some do this instead of a roller set. Fiddling with those rollers on my daughter’s head is trying; I would really like to try this set instead. She usually ends up putting her hair in a ponytail anyway so going through the hassle of roller setting seems to long a process just for her to pull it back anyway
wallbash.gif
- but her hair, being 4b and THICK really needs the heat from the dome drying to tame it. Please holla back.
P.S. if you know of a site with some pictures or if you have some that would be great, otherwise please just describe it. Thanks a bunch

newbie.gif

Re: How To\'s-Ponytail Set

Thanks So much Dontspeak, thats exactly what I was looking for. I did a search but that thread did not come up.

Back