How Often Do You Wash Your Hair??? (Poll)

Meeting Date

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
How Often Do You Wash Your Hair???
I'm trying to see a commonality here...
scratchchin.gif

Indicate your wash regime and when u use shampoo, conditioner, rinses, and just plain water!

Indicate how u have benefited from how often you wash your hair.

If you don't feel like indicating anything,
laugh.gif
please just vote!

Good question
smile.gif
I dont do conditioning washes except for right after i touch up i may do them 3 times a week for the first 2 weeks following my touchup. I FINALLY got myself from shampooing every 8-10 days to once a week (every friday) ooohhh laa laaa
laugh.gif
I use Cream of Nature in the white bottle w/green writing. I dont use a seperate condtioner after using the CON (whenever i've tried to do that all it did was turn my hair from slip city to a hot mess) i deep condition once a month with Queen Helene Cholesterol. i apply Elasta QP Oil Moisturizer and blowdry with a comb attachment. --- jainygirl

i wash my hair every 10 days. i'm scared my hair will dry out if i do it more frequently, and what i'm doing works for me so...
smirk.gif

I wash about 2-3 times a week. I think it benefits me greatly because my scalp is clean. I also notice that my new growth comes in a lot faster than when I use to wash every 1-2 weeks. The longest I can go without shampooing my scalp is 5 days and thats hard
laugh.gif
, its actually therapeutic to feel nice clean hair and scalp, especially when I use a conditioner that gives me slip and moisture, IM in heaven
laugh.gif
angel.gif

BTW, if I have a rollerset, i try not to wash for 5 days. I like to get the wear outta my wrap. I've been rocking a ponytail for the past month and will continue to do so until my next relaxer.

[ QUOTE ]
Britt said:
I wash about 2-3 times a week. I think it benefits me greatly because my scalp is clean. I also notice that my new growth comes in a lot faster than when I use to wash every 1-2 weeks. The longest I can go without shampooing my scalp is 5 days and thats hard
laugh.gif
, its actually therapeutic to feel nice clean hair and scalp, especially when I use a conditioner that gives me slip and moisture, IM in heaven
laugh.gif
angel.gif

BTW, if I have a rollerset, i try not to wash for 5 days. I like to get the wear outta my wrap. I've been rocking a ponytail for the past month and will continue to do so until my next relaxer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Britt, how long is your hair????????

My hair is about an inch past my shoulders. Im growing out an ear length bob cut that I got mid last August. Considering that I chopped my hair last August with about 5 trims since then, my hair is growing a pretty good rate.

I have baby fine hair and I wash once maybe twice a week if needed. Washing daily or every other day is TOO MUCH stress on my hair.

i wash twice a week. one is a normal wash the other is a conditioner wash. my hair feels more moisturized since i started doing conditioner washes.

I was washing daily but I have found that it is necessary...I am back down to once a week or whenever I switch styles(when I use a lot of styling products like gel and mousse)

i wash once a week. ive considered doing it more but it takes too long for my hair to dry fully.

I shampoo once a week and co wash the rest of the time. I chose 3 times, but with summer coming I'll more than likely rinse my hair with conditioner anywhere from 3-5 times a week. One of those will be with shampoo....

I wash every 5-7 days. Every 5 days is best for my hair but, if I'm busy I may wait another day or 2 but not past 1 week. My hair and scalp seem to stay cleaner with my every 5 days routine.

I wash my hair every 3 days.. I have to force myself to wait that long, I don't know why but I LOVE washing my hair
bath.gif

I wash twice a week (every three days) my hair and scalp has gotten so use to this that if I go longer I scratch like I have flees, and I seem to get new growth a whole lot faster from washing more often.

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
I wash my hair every 3 days.. I have to force myself to wait that long, I don't know why but I LOVE washing my hair
bath.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl so do i, u making me wanna go wash my hair now.

Once a week at the dominican salon. I use Cream of Nature in the green bottle. I also use the Affirm 5-in-1 reconstructor.

I bathe my hair once a week, but since I've discovered KeraCare hydrating poo(which leaves my hair and esp my newgrowth like SILK) I've been thinking about making it 2x/wk.

Since joining the site I've gone from washing once every two weeks (ewh!) to once every week! Until I find the superb poo for my 4b hair, I'll stick to the once/wk rountine. I can't stand to go any longer now!

I wash every 3 days (twice per week). I started doing this last July when I first came to the hair boards. I love the difference this simple change has made with my hair! It stays moisturized until the next wash which for me means healthier, stronger and longer hair.

I co wash daily and wash with poo once or twice a week depending on how much product is on my hair. I use a mild protein at least once a week and I also do pre poo treatments at least once a week.

I shampoo once a week and I may do 1 to 2 co washes in the week. I let my hair tell me what it needs. I find that doing my hair is not such a hassle now that I air dry.

I use distlled water for my final rinse. I do a pre treatment before I shampoo and condition with heat once a week.

I use to conditioner wash on Wednesdays and shampoo & condition on Saturdays, but now that I've found the joy of conditioner washing, I do that instead. I conditioner wash about once every 4-5 days, so I picked twice a week. I haven't shampooed since April 24th.
smile.gif

I just mixed some baking soda with my usual (Nature's Gate Tea Tree Oil) conditioner today, and it worked like a dream. My hair wasn't stripped at all, and detangling was soooo easy and quick. My hair felt so good afterward. Makes me wanna get up and do it all over again.
laugh.gif

Right now, I shampoo every Saturday. I do a pre-shampoo treatment before shampooing with Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner for 30 minutes. Since I started exercising daily this week, I did rinse my hair with just plain water for 3 days straight.
Next week, Im going to start the ponytail method...shampoo once a week and conditioner wash twice a week and airdry my hair in a ponytail each time.
wink.gif

Back