How I got a smooth rollerset with straight-ish roots

Lovely! I tried to do a roller set for the first time ever with flex rods this weekend and it did not turn out so well. I didn't have access to a hooded dryer but all the tuts I read/watched stated that letting your hair air-dry overnight is sufficient. Well, 9 hours later my hair was still slightly damp. :ohwell: I think I would need closer to 12-15 hours for my hair to fully dry.

Lovely! I tried to do a roller set for the first time ever with flex rods this weekend and it did not turn out so well. I didn't have access to a hooded dryer but all the tuts I read/watched stated that letting your hair air-dry overnight is sufficient. Well, 9 hours later my hair was still slightly damp. :ohwell: I think I would need closer to 12-15 hours for my hair to fully dry.

flexirods take much longer to dry because there is no ventilation!:nono:

I need these Bigodini Conici (rollers)! I love them! I can only find them at Italian stores online and none of them ship to the US. Also, I live in the DMV (in case someone has seen them in-store). Please help!

I have. My Ethiopian stylist has been using them on my hair since October. I use the three largest sizes. Were you able to find a legit retailer/reseller?

Attachments

• image-1885553629.jpg
    image-1885553629.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 52
I bought mine a while back. I got the white ones and the pink ones. I had contacted a seller on Alibaba, and she contacted me maybe a year ago about selling the rollers on eBay. I saw she only had those few packages, and I jumped on them. They set me back a pretty penny.

ETA: this is the eBay seller I bought mine from myworld.ebay.com/candsilva/
Seems like she only sold those few packages.

Last edited:
I bought mine a while back. I got the white ones and the pink ones. I had contacted a seller on Alibaba, and she contacted me maybe a year ago about selling the rollers on eBay. I saw she only had those few packages, and I jumped on them. They set me back a pretty penny.

I got that same email! When i got online there wee only 2 packs left and i didnt have that kind of money at the time! I was so upset!

How do you like the rollers MACGlossChick?

I got that same email! When i got online there wee only 2 packs left and i didnt have that kind of money at the time! I was so upset!

How do you like the rollers @MACGlossChick?

I had recently gotten my tax return check, so that's why I put out for them. I think they were $30 or 35 a pack plus shipping. I just figured I wouldn't see them again.

I like them for when I have lots of ng. They do help to stretch and straighten my ng so that I don't have to put additional heat on my hair. These rollers (or at least the ones I received) had extra plastic bits that I cut off and seams. I worry about what that does to my hair. I can't figure out how to use end papers, but I think mesh end papers might fix that.

If you plan on selling any other sizes, I'd be game to buy those.

ETA: Make sure you have space for storage! Since these rollers taper in the middle and have those "nubbins," these rollers won't fit inside each other. I used to store my rollers separated by type, but now I put my red plastic mesh inside these.

Last edited:
I had recently gotten my tax return check, so that's why I put out for them. I think they were $30 or 35 a pack plus shipping. I just figured I wouldn't see them again.

I like them for when I have lots of ng. They do help to stretch and straighten my ng so that I don't have to put additional heat on my hair. These rollers (or at least the ones I received) had extra plastic bits that I cut off and seams. I worry about what that does to my hair. I can't figure out how to use end papers, but I think mesh end papers might fix that.

If you plan on selling any other sizes, I'd be game to buy those.

ETA: Make sure you have space for storage! Since these rollers taper in the middle and have those "nubbins," these rollers won't fit inside each other. I used to store my rollers separated by type, but now I put my red plastic mesh inside these.

Thanks! I am excited to try them! Also ive never head of mesh end papers! I am going to look for more info about them!:detective: are they easier to use than the regular end wraps?

Thanks Ladies! I emailed the manufacturer and an Italian online store. The Italian store has reasonable prices and would allow me to ship to the US. Once I hear back from either or both, I'll let y'all know.

Thanks! I am excited to try them! Also ive never head of mesh end papers! I am going to look for more info about them!:detective: are they easier to use than the regular end wraps?
http://www.sallybeauty.com/Mesh-End-Wraps/SBS-157991,default,pd.html

I don't use end wraps at all. I cannot figure those things at all! It already takes me long enough to set my hair without trying to use them. I figure the mesh type would be able to let the nubbins still have contact with the hair, since that is what I think gets the hair so smooth.

Let us know how it goes!

If i ever get the italian rollers i will be getting some of those end wraps!

Hi Ladies,

Finally! I have the Ethiopian salon rollers. I'm working to get them on Amazon for resell but if you're in the DMV, I'm happy to sell in person. Inbox me if interested.

Back