How do you go from texlaxed to relaxed?

keola

Hi,

I've been natural for a few years and recently (1 or 2months ago) texlaxed my hair with a no-lye relaxer. I did notice that it made my hair a little more manageable but I clearly needed two boxes for the length of my hair since one box did not sufficiently coat my hair.

Now I want to go completly relaxed. Is it okay to have a lye relaxer put on over top? My hairdresser says its fine but I'm a little unsure.

What are your thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks!!

I have a texturizer and I decided I wanted to do a strand test and pull the relaxer all the way tho. Well, the double-processed hair is no where to be seen now. I didn't fall out immediately but broke off over the last 3 months or so. But I'm not a pro so if your stylist is experienced at correctives then she's probably right. I'm just not a fan of correctives. I'd transistion to relaxed. Meaning I'd relax straight only the new growth. You might like your texlaxed hair better w/ straight roots. But transistioning means when new growth comes in you'll have 3 different texturizers to deal with.

sareca said:
I have a texturizer and I decided I wanted to do a strand test and pull the relaxer all the way tho. Well, the double-processed hair is no where to be seen now. I didn't fall out immediately but broke off over the last 3 months or so. But I'm not a pro so if your stylist is experienced at correctives then she's probably right. I'm just not a fan of correctives. I'd transistion to relaxed. Meaning I'd relax straight only the new growth. You might like your texlaxed hair better w/ straight roots. But transistioning means when new growth comes in you'll have 3 different texturizers to deal with.

I wanna do it, but thats exactly what i am afraid of, i had a corrective done 2 years ago which made my hair frizzy...

Back