How do I weigh down my hair?

Chiba_revolution

I know this is an odd question but I have SL/APL hair. When blow dried my hair looks nice untill I walk, because the back of my hair isn't as long as the front it "flies" up showing gaps which ruins my hair style and my mood.

So my question is dpes anyone knows of any product(s) which can "weigh" down my hair, I tried oil and hair gel but nothing seems to work my hair is too stubborn. :sad:

JustKiya

I don't know of any products, specifically, but the better moisturized your hair is, the 'heavier' it will be, because - well, it's holding onto more water.

Have you tried the steam treatment? That's supposed to be a really good shot of moisture. Also, are you DC'ing and sealing your hair before you are blowdrying it?

Good luck!

loulou82

I want to know too. My hair was blow dried and flat ironed yesterday and it's so lightweight. My hair is blowing all over the place. I can't add too much moisture because half my head is new growth and it will revert.

OP- have you tried a light/ pentretrating oil like sweet almond oil or coconut oil? I used some sparingly since I don't want the greasy look and it helped a little.

Chiba_revolution

:grin:Thank you for the replies
Yes I do seal in my hair before I blow dry it and I only use coconut oil but I still have flyaway hair, I was looking up products on google and saw "sleek obedience" a balm with beewax in it that weighs down hair but I don't know if it will be good for 4b hair....what do you think?

CokoQt

I know this is an odd question but I have SL/APL hair. When blow dried my hair looks nice untill I walk, because the back of my hair isn't as long as the front it "flies" up showing gaps which ruins my hair style and my mood.

So my question is dpes anyone knows of any product(s) which can "weigh" down my hair, I tried oil and hair gel but nothing seems to work my hair is too stubborn. :sad:

I was laughing at the bolded, but I can relate. Oil Sheen helps me a little. I use profectiv.