Fine hair ladies: how do you feel about the "Juice????

againstallodds

Hi everyone!

So I've been reading nothing but praises for the "Juice." I'm currently 9 weeks into my 12-14 week stretch and my new growth is lacking moisture. I've read so many great things about the "Juice" and its fabulosity and I'm thinking about it out for myself.

See thing is, I have fine strands and my hair is easily weighed down :wallbash:... which I hate! I avoid all products that will weigh my hair down too much.

So to my fellow fine hair ladies: HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE "JUICE?" Does it weigh down your tresses or no? Or are the benefits so good, you'll take weighed down if it means having yummy:lick: moisturized hair and retaining length?? :yep:

:feedback:

Last edited:
I have fine hair and I use s-curl every other day. I don't spray it directly on my hair, I spray it in my hands and rub it through my hair. I mix it with aphogee keratin and green tea if I feel my hair getting mushy. I am 7 wk post and my hair and new growth stay soft and moisturized with no breakage.

I find there is a build up very quickly and my hair feels icky, like dry and greasy at the same time.

I wanted it to work so bad but i don't think its for me.

I hate it. Using the juice was the first time I ever experienced breakage from moisture overload. My daughter thick hair loves it though.

Can't use too much of it. When I make sure I have regular protein on hand ei HARD protein every 6 weeks I have do proplem....

If I'm longer than 6 weeks past a hard protein treatment I must use it sparingly.

The key is to make sure you have that protein in your hair FIRST. then the juice keeps you from getting brittle and keeps the hair soft with no problem.

I find there is a build up very quickly and my hair feels icky, like dry and greasy at the same time.

Maybe the one you tried has (too much) glycerine. Another brand w/o glycerine might work for you.

I like Scurl i mix it 50/50 with aloe vera juice, using it (Scurl) straight its just too thick and sticky for my fine strands :afro:

For new growth, the juice works great because it actually enables me to get a comb through it. But the "juice" weighs down the relaxed part of my hair way too much. Plus, I can't take the smell...I can't get used to that 1980's Jerri Juice scent.

S-Curl coats my hair leaving it like feeling like dry twigs - even though it's glistening with the stuff! My hair didn't like S-Curl even when I had a jheri back in the day. I didn't realize how thick S-Curl is until I poured it down the drain so I could use the bottle to mist my hair with water LOL The juice just isn't for me for styling purposes, though I may try some Care Free Curl as an after-swim leave in to keep that wet look going after a dip!

I love the juice!. I use s-curl after a wash and I seal with castor oil and my hair stays moisturized till for about 3-4 days. I used to use it daily and it made my hair mushy so I cut back.

I feel like the juice works best for ladies with thick and/or natural hair. I have fine relaxed hair, and I find that the juice will only work for me if I use it sparingly (every few days) and carefully (mostly on the new growth).

S Curl in particular was horrible for my hair no matter how little I used...it would moisturize, but it would also weigh down my hair and make it feel tacky and nasty. I don't care how much it aids in retention, nothing is worth that feeling. Blech.

Now I use either Hawaiian Silky (I spray it on my hands first) or Care Free Curl (sprayed directly on the head). Both feel lighter and moisturize just as well, imo.
hth.

I have fine hair and I use s-curl every other day. I don't spray it directly on my hair, I spray it in my hands and rub it through my hair. I mix it with aphogee keratin and green tea if I feel my hair getting mushy. I am 7 wk post and my hair and new growth stay soft and moisturized with no breakage.

I have CHI Keratin Mist - balancing the moisture with a protein spray is a really great idea.

Can't use too much of it. When I make sure I have regular protein on hand ei HARD protein every 6 weeks I have do proplem....

If I'm longer than 6 weeks past a hard protein treatment I must use it sparingly.

The key is to make sure you have that protein in your hair FIRST. then the juice keeps you from getting brittle and keeps the hair soft with no problem.

I like this idea

This is exactly what I don't want to happen to me Bublin... this is where a free sample would be great.

This thread is great. We need more fine hair input and solutions. It doesn't take much for me to get build up The juice is a joke for my hair. I am experimenting with moisturizers with honey with some success.

I just picked up some more wave nouveou (sp?) and my hair LOVES it! I don't use it every night though. I have another moisturizer (Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk) that has a lite protein in it...I think, which is a good contrast to the juice and keeps my hair from being too limp and soggy feeling. So I basically alternate, but I'm able to still enjoy the juice. LOL. HTH

I just picked up some more wave nouveou (sp?) and my hair LOVES it! I don't use it every night though. I have another moisturizer (Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk) that has a lite protein in it...I think, which is a good contrast to the juice and keeps my hair from being too limp and soggy feeling. So I basically alternate, but I'm able to still enjoy the juice. LOL. HTH

I tried Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk and I found it made my hair too mushy... I'd be pushing my luck with the juice huh? lol!

I love the juice and am also fine-haired. I usually use S-curl mixed with aloe vera juice or glycerin and rosewater. If I'm wearing my hair straight, I will spray some into palms and lightly run it through my NG, length, and ends. If I'm wearing a braidout or WNG, I will spray it directly on my hair, but still only lightly.

I definitely can get over-juiced if I'm heavy-handed, so I think less is more with fine hair. Since it's hot now, my hair is lovin' the juice even more. I don't use it as much in the winter, because it seems to take the moisture out of my hair.

Also, I alternate the juice with a protein leave-in.

Fine haired checking in....I have tried to like S curl but it always made my hair feel greasy and look limp and gross, even applying it sparingly with my hands. I also could not stand the smell. I thought my head just couldn't handle the juice.

Recently I tried and LOVE Hawaiian silky 14 n 1 juice...yeah, yeah I know it contains some protein and the dreaded enemy mineral oil but for some reason my hair just can't get enough! My hair has been perfectly moist, soft, shiny, and behaving right. Plus, I've been fighting a shedding phase the past month or so and have seen only a few hairs in the comb since using this. I think it will help me thru my long stretch because it softens NG like nobody's business

My fine strands cant take the juice at all or any daily moisturizer with glycerin high up on the content list.

I am a fine haired natural. I love the juice. I don't use alot, and I don't use it everyday. I recently added SAA (silk amino acids) and IC Fantasia with Aloe. It thinned it a bit, but yet still yummy on my hair. I turned my momma on to it. She also has fine thin hair. She is singing its praises too. I use CFCG (care free curl gold)

I am a fine strand lady too and my hair loves the juice, but only in PS styles(bun). I started out using 14-1 and then just recently switched to Scurl. I found I have to use a soft protein condis every time I wash to combat the
overload of moisture from juicing. I juice in a bun from Nov. 1 to to late spring and then roller set for summer and early fall.

i'm not juicin right now, but i used hawain silky and that worked great for me. my hair is very protein sensitive and aphoegee and anything like it snaps my hair right off. and heavy oils like castor oil do the same.

I tried "the Juice" and it was great for the first day or so, I guess I didn't know I'm not supposed to apply it daily, like other oils. My hair suddenly became VERY dry and started snapping all over the place, I had to wash it out right away. I think I'll pass on the juice for right now, but lurk to learn more about what I was doing wrong. I want to be JUICY so badly.

I like the juice. I just have to make sure I don't over do it. A little goes a long way. Keeps my hair moisturized for days.

This is exactly what happened to me. Icky, dry but greasy hair. I really wish it worked but I have since started using Skala Shea Butter leave in and I get the mega moisture without the buildup or horrid smell.

Back