How do I Make my Hair Grow Down?

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
The first time I went natural my hair grew like Foxy Brown for the whole 2 years I was natural. This time around I am getting antsy and shudder to think I will be rocking a fro forever? I did a BC on 2.5.10 and I am almost 9 months post BC. TIA for any feedback.

Attachments

• Hurr 025.jpg
    Hurr 025.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 178
  • Today 025.jpg
    Today 025.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Today 026.jpg
    Today 026.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

lovegymnasts

I honesty don't think there is any thing you can do to make your hair grow down.
If your curl pattern is not meant to hang, it won't.

You can manipulate it to hang down.
It may hang down when wet.

I've been natural about 3.5 years. My hair does not grow down and don't expect it to. I don't expect a lot of hang time unless it is wet or manipulated.
Once it starts drying, it shrinks back up into a fro.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I am trying to figure out how my mom did it when I was younger. Then again I was always in braids or ponytails. And I am not trying to go back to the 3 ponytail (2 in the front, 1 in the back) look again, LOL!!!

BillsBackerz67

It honestly wont grow down until you get some weight to your hair...and even then its minimal :lol: My hair in my avi was taken in feb of 08 and it now almost 3 years later and my hair is basically still the same length curly once it completely dries. Id say maybe it an inch longer if that.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
It honestly wont grow down until you get some weight to your hair...and even then its minimal :lol: My hair in my avi was taken in feb of 08 and it now almost 3 years later and my hair is basically still the same length curly once it completely dries. Id say maybe it an inch longer if that.

Wow! LOL! I thought I was doing something wrong. Thanks finickyone for the compliment.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
Well, you can't make your hair grow down, but you can stretch your hair to give it a bit more hang time :yep: braiding or twisting your hair while wet will elongate your curl pattern and make it hang a bit. I also use Yogurt as a deep conditioner to loosen the curl pattern temporarily to make it hang better.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Well, you can't make your hair grow down, but you can stretch your hair to give it a bit more hang time :yep: braiding or twisting your hair while wet will elongate your curl pattern and make it hang a bit. I also use Yogurt as a deep conditioner to loosen the curl pattern temporarily to make it hang better.

Yogurt? I didn't know that. Thanks!

Carisa

lovenharmony thanks for that yogurt tip! I dont have anything to really add, my hair has always grown thicker rather than longer. There's such pretty hair in this thread! And lovegymnasts i love ur hair in ur siggy!

CA*Nappy

Don't have any suggestions. But just wanted to say your hairline is awesome! Are you using castor oil or something? Can I know your regimen?

freecurl

Your hair is so beautiful. My hair goes down and hangs like a flat jherri curl looking helmet. I do EVERYTHING to make my hair stand out and look fierce.

Tamrin

unapologetic
Orenisha here!! ( Tamrin's sis)

Yea, its going to take a little while for it to come down, but rest assured it will happen. What def. worked for me was stretching. You might want to try that.

Missjae09

It could be that your hair texture is slightly different now then it was when you were younger which may account for why your hair isn't growing down (yet)...

I am trying to figure out how my mom did it when I was younger. Then again I was always in braids or ponytails. And I am not trying to go back to the 3 ponytail (2 in the front, 1 in the back) look again, LOL!!!

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Don't have any suggestions. But just wanted to say your hairline is awesome! Are you using castor oil or something? Can I know your regimen?

Thanks so much. I don't have a regimen. I do have castor oil but don't use it. Sorry. I seriously just CO wash daily and put carrot cream by Hollywood Beauty or something like that. I've been meaning to get a regimen since I BCed but 9 months later, I am still regimen-less, LOL!

Your hair is so beautiful. My hair goes down and hangs like a flat jherri curl looking helmet. I do EVERYTHING to make my hair stand out and look fierce.

Thank you so much!!! Your hair is gorgeous!

Janet'

Lucie, I remember when you BC'ed, your hair has grown so much and you had a head full of beautiful, lush hair too!!! I can't wait to see what it looks like natural...But to answer your question, my siggy pic is me at BSB and it still (in my opinion) has not started to grow down as much as I would think it should be...You and I are shuddering at the same thing!

Tamrin

unapologetic
Lucie, Its me Tamrin this time. As my Lil sis just said. It will take a while. Your problem has been hers for years. Now that I'm natural I have the same issue. I'm past neck length but no hang time. Oren braids and stretches the braid. I don't plan on doing that Im going to try to see if overtime it will hang on its own with no manipulatioin. I BCed in June.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Lucie, I remember when you BC'ed, your hair has grown so much and you had a head full of beautiful, lush hair too!!! I can't wait to see what it looks like natural...But to answer your question, my siggy pic is me at BSB and it still (in my opinion) has not started to grow down as much as I would think it should be...You and I are shuddering at the same thing!
I love your hair!!!

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Lucie, Its me Tamrin this time. As my Lil sis just said. It will take a while. Your problem has been hers for years. Now that I'm natural I have the same issue. I'm past neck length but no hang time. Oren braids and stretches the braid. I don't plan on doing that Im going to try to see if overtime it will hang on its own with no manipulatioin. I BCed in June.

I think I am just going to let it do what it do, LOL!!!

EllePixie

You BC'ed about a month after me. :) My hair doesn't really grow down either - I have this like weird mullet thing, but it shrinks back up when it's dry. I feel like my hair hangs more when it is super moisturized (after a good DC). Also, I don't expect to even begin to see real length for a year and a half.

aa9746

My hair never grow down, I'm between bsl and mbl. Looking at your siggy you seem to have a looser texture than mine, maybe with more time. hhj

757diva

My hair has always grown outwards after I became natural. As much as I hate it, I just deal with it. Maybe one day I will be bold enough to use a flat iron so it will hang down but right now...It's not gonna happen lol

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
757diva I feel you! I get woozy just thinking of someone doing my hair. I might run out with a comb stuck in my hair, LOL!