High Frequency Scalp Treatments

JJamiah

I know this shop has them for $40per treatment. I want to know who gets these and do you see benefit? Is it worth it to get them? How often do you get these treatments? They are also know as Violet Ray treatments.

I am ultra curious so any help would be benificial Thanks!

mscocoface

Okay school a girl, because I have no clue as to what you are talking about?

Come on spill it. What does it do, how does it do it, Details, need more details!!!!!

Nevermind.

Here is some info ladies.

http://www.beautifulonraw.com/Holistic_Device_Violet_Ray.html

The Violet Ray
Looking for smooth skin?...Voluminous, lustrous hair?...Here’s a Ray of Hope…

Traveling across the country delivering my message about the virtues of raw food, I stand in front of other people every single day. Before big crowds. And with individuals and small groups. They look. My world, do they look! And they see…

At one appearance, I ate a single cookie at the raw food potluck offered by the hosting group. Apparently, whoever made that cookie had failed to use raw honey—I developed a blister on my lip. Since becoming 100 % raw, I can no longer tolerate processed food. Since I talk about Rawsome Beauty, people are most inquisitive about my looks. Let me tell you, nothing is more uncomfortable than having a blemish on your face when hundreds of people are scrutinizing you.

I was so happy I had my Violet Ray with me. I used a Straight Rod zapping electrode on that unsightly blister several time per day for 5 minutes and the blemish healed much faster that it would have without the treatment.

The Violet Ray is great for such emergencies. But it’s even better for long-term results. Make it a part of your lifestyle as a means for a beautiful complexion and a full head of hair. I use a Spoon electrode on my face for 5 minutes after using Your Right to Be Beautiful cream generously on my skin. I also use my Violet Ray with a Rake electrode on my scalp for another 5 minutes every morning.

more info at the site.

Last edited:

mscocoface

More info

The Violet Ray is an integral part of my beauty regimen. Having used it for years, I’m happy to offer it on my website. My own experience and customer comments tell me the Violet Ray is the best aid there is for reversing and preventing graying hair. It definitely stimulates hair growth. It is also helpful for treating skin blemishes such as acne, redness, sun damage spots and fine lines. If you own a Violet Ray, or decide to buy one, you may want a few extra tips for using this handy multi-tasking unit.

When you order a Violet Ray, it comes directly to you from the company with a 1-year warranty for use in the U.S. Outside North America, you may need a 220V converter. The basic unit comes with three differently shaped electrodes: Mushroom, Rake (or Comb), and Pointer.

Your unit’s electrodes may glow either violet or orange-red. Both work the same. Color merely indicates which gas is used in the electrode. Neon glows orange-red, while argon gas glows violet.
Some estheticians mistakenly presume the orange-red light from the electrodes is infrared, which would make for more heat and deeper penetration. It is not. Actually, violet and orange-red electrodes produce the same benefits. Don’t confuse the Violet Ray with ultra-violet radiation, either.

Ultraviolet (UV) radiation is that portion of the electromagnetic spectrum between X-rays and visible light—that is, with wavelengths between 40 and 400 nm (nanometers). The sun is our main natural source of UV. Artificial sources include tanning beds, curing lamps, germicidal lamps, mercury vapor lamps, halogen lights, high-intensity discharge lamps, fluorescent and incandescent sources, and some lasers.

The Violet Ray is not a source of UV. When Nikola Tesla first developed this high frequency device, he used argon gas. Argon emits a violet color. Customers expect to see a violet color in working electrodes. But neon gas, which glows orange-red, seems to last longer than the violet-argon version. So the manufacturer began using neon gas whenever commercially available.

It’s ozone—not the neon or argon gas—which produces the healing effect. You have no contact with the gas whatever. The gas is there merely to cause the color change that shows you the unit is on and working properly.

In nature, the sun turns oxygen into ozone. The Violet Ray does this through a high voltage, high frequency, low current electrical source. It is perfectly safe. You can use it every day and feel completely comfortable! For commercial use, you may prefer the Violet Ray Professional Edition.

To use your Violet Ray properly, insert the electrode and plug the unit in. Always follow standard safety precautions. Never use your Violet Ray near water or on wet hair. Read the instructions carefully. Adjust the volume to the highest comfortable level.

When you see violet or orange-red…it’s working! You’ll feel a warm, tingling sensation. Start and stop the unit anytime by simply pushing or releasing the button. You may occasionally feel a tiny ‘zap’ of electrical shock. This occurs when a small space between your skin and the electrode is maintained —nothing to worry about. One of your electrodes—either the Straight or Pointer—is intentionally designed for this healing effect.

You may also notice a slight odor. This is ozone. When you smell it, you will know that it’s working! Again, this odor is not from the internal argon or neon gas, which stays inside the electrode at all times.

The electrodes on your Violet Ray are smaller than those on Tesla’s original. Why? Originally, many people used this device all over the body. The U.S. FDA, however, only approves its use on the face and scalp. So far as I know, it is no longer possible to purchase large electrodes as in the past.

Recommended use is 5 to 10 minutes per session, once or twice a day. When you are done, simply unplug the unit, remove the electrode, and put it away. No other maintenance is needed.
Daily use of your Violet Ray is splendid for aiding detoxification, improved circulation, pain relief, blood oxygenation, improved health of skin and hair.

Since the FDA has approved the Violet Ray for cosmetic purposes only, we, of course, can make no claims of any “cure” for injury or disease. The Violet Ray can become an indispensable aid in your quest for “Rawsome” health and beauty. Use your Violet Ray as part of the raw food lifestyle and a proper exercise regimen, and let it help you on your walk to great health and good looks!

http://www.beautifulonraw.com/raw-f...y/nikola-tesla’s-violet-ray-how-does-it-work/

JJamiah

Okay school a girl, because I have no clue as to what you are talking about?

Come on spill it. What does it do, how does it do it, Details, need more details!!!!!

Nevermind.

Here is some info ladies.

http://www.beautifulonraw.com/Holistic_Device_Violet_Ray.html

The Violet Ray
Looking for smooth skin?...Voluminous, lustrous hair?...Here’s a Ray of Hope…

Traveling across the country delivering my message about the virtues of raw food, I stand in front of other people every single day. Before big crowds. And with individuals and small groups. They look. My world, do they look! And they see…

At one appearance, I ate a single cookie at the raw food potluck offered by the hosting group. Apparently, whoever made that cookie had failed to use raw honey—I developed a blister on my lip. Since becoming 100 % raw, I can no longer tolerate processed food. Since I talk about Rawsome Beauty, people are most inquisitive about my looks. Let me tell you, nothing is more uncomfortable than having a blemish on your face when hundreds of people are scrutinizing you.

I was so happy I had my Violet Ray with me. I used a Straight Rod zapping electrode on that unsightly blister several time per day for 5 minutes and the blemish healed much faster that it would have without the treatment.

The Violet Ray is great for such emergencies. But it’s even better for long-term results. Make it a part of your lifestyle as a means for a beautiful complexion and a full head of hair. I use a Spoon electrode on my face for 5 minutes after using Your Right to Be Beautiful cream generously on my skin. I also use my Violet Ray with a Rake electrode on my scalp for another 5 minutes every morning.

more info at the site.

Thanks so much, I actually read that same one yesterday, sorry I didn't answer you back in time, I keep running on and off the website.,

Well a few salons offer them for $20 - $40 per treatment so 2 times a day is out. I can't afford that until I find the suitcase of cash :spinning: THanks for your quick response.

BUMPING For more answers please!

mscocoface

You have caught my interest see bolded. Saw this little article also about it.

http://www.helium.com/items/219544-violet-ray-secret-to-hair-growth

The Violet Ray was originally developed by famous scientist Nikola Tesla. The Violet Ray is a high -Voltage & low Current source of high Frequency. The Ray provides a tingling sensation to the applied area.

The hair roots are fed, just as every other part of the body is, through the blood. For treatment of the scalp we have a special comb applicator which pulls easily through the hair and conforms to the shape of the head. Millions of tiny electric sparks carry pure ozone to the small capillaries through which the blood flows in the scalp. These tiny capillaries are gently massaged, and nourishment is brought to the roots of the hair. The very first treatment brings a long, glowing, healthy feeling to the scalp, and with few successive treatments, itching will stop, hair will cease falling, and dandruff disappear.

In many cases, gray hair will even be restored to its natural color. By stimulating the scalp apparently dead hair will quickly take on a natural glossy and healthy appearance.

I have a violet ray device. I bought it off eBay because my father had told me about my grandmother who was a hairdresser using this device for decades on clients and it actually worked. It looks like something out of Frankenstein but it works.

JJamiah

You have caught my interest see bolded. Saw this little article also about it.

http://www.helium.com/items/219544-violet-ray-secret-to-hair-growth

The Violet Ray was originally developed by famous scientist Nikola Tesla. The Violet Ray is a high -Voltage & low Current source of high Frequency. The Ray provides a tingling sensation to the applied area.

The hair roots are fed, just as every other part of the body is, through the blood. For treatment of the scalp we have a special comb applicator which pulls easily through the hair and conforms to the shape of the head. Millions of tiny electric sparks carry pure ozone to the small capillaries through which the blood flows in the scalp. These tiny capillaries are gently massaged, and nourishment is brought to the roots of the hair. The very first treatment brings a long, glowing, healthy feeling to the scalp, and with few successive treatments, itching will stop, hair will cease falling, and dandruff disappear.

In many cases, gray hair will even be restored to its natural color. By stimulating the scalp apparently dead hair will quickly take on a natural glossy and healthy appearance.

I have a violet ray device. I bought it off eBay because my father had told me about my grandmother who was a hairdresser using this device for decades on clients and it actually worked. It looks like something out of Frankenstein but it works.

LOL I am interested also! I saw that I have a few grays that need to leave. I am scared if I keep plucking them I will wind up being bald. I don't want to purchase one right now, I first would like atleast 2 treatments if I can get them every other week. Most of the articles I see assume you have cash like that to get them daily. I dunno, Lazer treatments are like $30 per session and get less as you buy more sessions; maybe this is similar you can buy sessions. I don't mind that to see the benefits!

Supervixen

I had one at a cosmotology school here in chicago. It felt strange, like little zaps on my head. I only had one, so I didn't notice anything different.

Angelicus

I learned about it over 10 years ago from a cosmetology book. I didn't know people were still doing these treatments. I won't be doing it.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
The Shop I went to growing up use to use one of these all the time on Women that had "issues" with their edges, crowns, nape. The Ultraviolet light have little electrical stimulations/sensations to the scalp.

Fast Forward: A friend of mine approached me not too long ago about going in half with her on one. I think it was like $189.00 + Shipping. I'm going to wait her out to see if she purchases it and use hers.:giggle: But she did say, it took 2 people to do it, that you couldn't do it by yourself?:perplexed

LadyD

I loved the treatments but at $40.00 a pop it would be better to buy the machine yourself. Some places on line have them for $99.00. Or maybe if you have a school there that does them cheaper.

I got them twice a month because I had thinning that I believed was due to relaxing too often. Of course the stylist would never agree to this. I have had this done at the beauty school also.

This was a long time ago and I don't remember getting amazing growth or anything but my hair was in good condition. I found the treatments to be relaxing.

But she did say, it took 2 people to do it, that you couldn't do it by yourself?:perplexed

It only took one person to do mine.

Last edited:

*Michelle*

Back in the early 80's was my first experience with them. I was in cosmetology school, I used them on a couple of little old ladys and they loved it. But honestly I was SCARED of that thing...lol!

I'll stick to scalp massage and the rolling brush technique for scalp stimulation.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I used to get them all the time. Excellent for scalp stimulation. My hair was in great shape when I got these treatments on a regular basis.

I didn't even know they still did it in shops. I know you can buy the machines online.

It only took one person to do mine.
Excuse me, I meant, she said it was something you could not "self administer" that someone would have to do it for you? Not sure if that is accurate or not. Since the only time I saw it being done was at the Salon.

That was a turn-off or deal breaker for me, if that is true, because I want to be able to do it myself. I don't like to be bothered with anybody when I'm doing my Hair.:rolleyes:

BSL2008

I had this done once at a Dominican Salon. They didn't charge anything for it. $40 seems a bit much for something that only takes a few minutes to. I would be interested to know if it actually work.

JJamiah

the treatments was out of my budget for a minute, but I did get a treatment today (I have been experiencing headaches and for me those are not usual) and my scalp is tingly, and much different than before, the treatment last about 30 minutes. :)

ilong

God's Own
So I was geeting my products out the bathroom pantry to pre-poo my hair and saw this brown case. When I opened it "voila" there was the Master High Frequency Unit I had purchased a "zillion" :lachen:years ago. I am sure I purchased it when I first noticed thinning in my hair.
I also remember it wasn't cheap, DH thought I was on drugs. :grin:
I haven't used the device in a "million" years (I self administered the treatment) so I thought I would google it first to see if the technique was being used. I thought NO WAY would it be on LHCF.

But lo' and behol' here is a thread on the topic and with posts from a couple of current members (@JJamiah and IDareT'sHair)

The attachment for hair (comb) looks like the one on the beautifulonraw site but the powering apparatus is big, heavy and looks like it a home improvement drill.

I didn't think it was still working but I plugged it in and there was that familiar buzz. Not as powerful as it once was but I may be able to use it. As long as there is power from it I think I will give myself a treatment twice a day (on my bare areas - who knows it may stimulate the follicles enough to promote some growth) I'll take it with me to my dermatologist appointment just to make sure.

I'll keep you ladies posted.

ETA: So I just did a treatment on my thinned areas for a total of 6 minutes. It seems like my unit's performance got stronger as I used it. The treatment felt good - and like JJamiah - my scalp in those areas is very tingly.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
ilong

YAY! WOW! Impressive. I'm glad:

1) you found it. (even tho' you forgot all about it):lol:
2) it still works
3) you used it & it felt good:yep:

ilong

God's Own
@IDareT'sHair - me too (impressed):lol:. Since doing the HF treatment I have been reading information I found on the web about the technique.

It's on a little higher scale than the Dermawand ( device used primarily on the face) . I'll see how it goes and I am definitely curious as to what my derm will say about it.

P.S. My scalp is still tingling. I massaged my scalp with my pre-poo oils and as it turns out practitioners of HF recommend massaging the scalp after HF.

Last edited:

JJamiah

ilong I am so glad you enjoyed it... I might have to revisit myself.. I actually got a treatment on my face a few weeks ago... I still enjoy those :) LOL

ilong

God's Own
LOL - understood. Well if you aren't doing DIY Vit C serums - you may want to check those out. They are definitely the best thing for "no crack for all" :grin:

ilong

God's Own
I have had two large, dark,ugly zits on my body for several years. One is on my arm and one on my leg. After reading more info and reviews on uses for this device I used the device on the two zits (early November).
I noticed last week the zits were flatter and not as pronounced.

I read posts on another forum regarding the device and users suggest doing it several times a day or at a minimum daily to totally eliminate blemishes. I "zapped" the zits again yesterday and they are almost completel flat! I plan on "zapping" them daily and hopefully by January 1 2014 - they will be completely gone.

Update on using HFD on hair: I forgot to mention my HFD to my derm during my appointment- which is probably just as well. I am totally frustrated with doctors and their "assemlbly line treatments". :rolleyes: Anyway, I have used the device on my scalp three times - which is not enough. it needs consistent treatment IF any results are to be realized. Due to my condition I may not realize any re-growth but it certainly is not costing me anything to try, so I will treat my scalp once a day also. :yep:

faithVA

[USER=118875 said:
IDareT'sHair[/USER];19388267]I think instead of buying a Bunch of Products next year (2014) I will purchase one of these.:look:

What in the world are you talking about? And who are you trying to fool?