Hide Your Hair For 6 Months Challenge: June 15 - December 15

I want to do this...since it's really part of my regimen to get to APL by December.

But whenever I join a challenge I never seem to do it....hmmmmm.

I need to join this challenge! My ends have been so dry and brittle lately, time to put it in some twists.
The real challenge is actually following through with the challenge!!:lachen:
But I'm gonna try really hard to make updates and keep my twists in. Wish me luck....:look:

I am sota in and out of this challenge now. I am going to wear phony ponys as my protective style of choice or some days I may just rock my hair since I'm loving it so much :giggle:

I had intended to go until T-giving but the BKT got me!

Come on girl. Just think about how much more length you'll retain; and how much better that BKT will look at the end of the challenge!!!

Peer Pressure!!! :grin: :lachen:

I want to do this...since it's really part of my regimen to get to APL by December.

But whenever I join a challenge I never seem to do it....hmmmmm.

Ummm...I'm like that too. :look:

At least try it though. Wearing protective styles for at least SOME of the challenge is better than NONE at all!!

Ugh I really want to do this challenge but Idk if Ill be able to hide my hair for 6 months...I love my hair..I miss playing in it. But I bet if I hid this mess in twists I would retain so freaking much!

EDIT: Okay I decided, I want to do it! I want to join the challenge!

I want to join.
My hair's acting a fool right now and I just wanna leave it alone.

Here's my reggie:

(Feel free to critique it and offer suggestions)

Wash and DC once a week
Then cornrow my hair. Wear the half wig (take out the combs) and take it off when I get home.
Moisturize the braids at least once a day
As always no to low heat
Stretch to about 10 weeks

and also taking care of myself on the inside too so my hair can grow in healthy and strong.

Hopefully by December I can get my sides healthy again...My hair grew it's best when I wore braids so I hope my hair can flourish this time.

Last edited:

At least try it though. Wearing protective styles for at least SOME of the challenge is better than NONE at all!!

Oh I NEED to be in protective styles. I've retained some length, but not nearly as much as I should have. I don't want to be at the same length at my 2year LHCF anniversary in February. I want to be full APL so bad, but I have a ways to go, only my nape is APL right now and the rest is ear-nape-shoulder length.

Ok I'm in. We're starting June 15th? That's enough time to take some pics and get everything together.

Oh I NEED to be in protective styles. I've retained some length, but not nearly as much as I should have. I don't want to be at the same length at my 2year LHCF anniversary in February. I want to be full APL so bad, but I have a ways to go, only my nape is APL right now and the rest is ear-nape-shoulder length.

Ok I'm in. We're starting June 15th? That's enough time to take some pics and get everything together.

Do you have a hair album?

Do you have a hair album?

No because I'm literally the laziest person ever and never take pictures, especially of my hair.

But you know what? I need to make one so that I can at least have progress pics for myself. I'm going to do it and as soon as I do I'll let you know. Maybe I'll do it on picasa or something because I'm definitely not joining fotki.

No because I'm literally the laziest person ever and never take pictures, especially of my hair.

But you know what? I need to make one so that I can at least have progress pics for myself. I'm going to do it and as soon as I do I'll let you know. Maybe I'll do it on picasa or something because I'm definitely not joining fotki.

Yeah taking hair pics is a nice way to track progress.

Why not fotki? I have a fotki but I never update it though.

I want to do this challenge also

count me in

Welcome

Ugh I really want to do this challenge but Idk if Ill be able to hide my hair for 6 months...I love my hair..I miss playing in it. But I bet if I hid this mess in twists I would retain so freaking much!

EDIT: Okay I decided, I want to do it! I want to join the challenge!

:lachen:Good for you!!! :clapping:

I want to join.
My hair's acting a fool right now and I just wanna leave it alone.

Here's my reggie:

(Feel free to critique it and offer suggestions)

Wash and DC once a week
Then cornrow my hair. Wear the half wig (take out the combs) and take it off when I get home.
Moisturize the braids at least once a day
As always no to low heat
Stretch to about 10 weeks

and also taking care of myself on the inside too so my hair can grow in healthy and strong.

Hopefully by December I can get my sides healthy again...My hair grew it's best when I wore braids so I hope my hair can flourish this time.

Your regimen sounds good. I went to the beauty supply store and looked at wigs today. Has anyone heard of the 3 piece clip on ones?? I saw one that I liked a lot.

Yeah taking hair pics is a nice way to track progress.

Why not fotki? I have a fotki but I never update it though.

ITA..it really does help. I just posted my length comparison/progress shots in my fotki. :yep:

Come on girl. Just think about how much more length you'll retain; and how much better that BKT will look at the end of the challenge!!!

Peer Pressure!!! :grin: :lachen:

I agree, I'm in except for special occasions. My hair is shoulder length, I need to keep it up and out of the way so I can get to that APL. The goal is in sight :yay:

I'd like to join too please! My other challenge ends on the 30th of June so I'll take pics 2 weeks early and use them as my update for that challenge as well as my starting point for this one!

This looks so good. When I wear my hair out, I lose length. So I put it in braids yesterday which I plan to take out July 20th. I don't have a starting length shot but I do have a photo of my fro that shows the length in some parts (it's pretty much the same all over; 5.5-7 inches), can I use that?

My plan: Wear braids (w/extensions) until July 18th, then twist and hide (my hair is too short for a twist bun, do you think I could achieve a twist roll?) until August 15th with a pass on August 1st (going away party for me!). Then more extension braids (I'm moving to Portland on the 21st, yay college!) until October 19th then more twist/plait and hide (hopefully my hair will be long enough for a bun). I'm going back to NYC at some point in November (IDK if it's Thanksgiving or not) so when I go back, I'll get more braids put in which should work through the end of the challenge. YAY! A PLAN!

Question: What do people do when they have extensions in? I just shampoo and condition once a week and it usually works out fine for me (but I never measured before). I DC with 'cones right before. I was planning on applying Aubrey Organics GPB right after taking the braids down and then shampooing and DCing and doing CO when not in braids.

EDIT: Probably using a pass in November too

Last edited:
i would like to join please

Welcome

I agree, I'm in except for special occasions. My hair is shoulder length, I need to keep it up and out of the way so I can get to that APL. The goal is in sight :yay:

:yay: We're gonna help you reach your goal, girl!! :yep:

I'd like to join too please! My other challenge ends on the 30th of June so I'll take pics 2 weeks early and use them as my update for that challenge as well as my starting point for this one!

Great. Welcome

This looks so good. When I wear my hair out, I lose length. So I put it in braids yesterday which I plan to take out July 20th. I don't have a starting length shot but I do have a photo of my fro that shows the length in some parts (it's pretty much the same all over; 5.5-7 inches), can I use that? Yup. That's fine.

My plan: Wear braids (w/extensions) until July 18th, then twist and hide (my hair is too short for a twist bun, do you think I could achieve a twist roll? What's a twist roll?) until August 15th with a pass on August 1st (going away party for me!). Then more extension braids (I'm moving to Portland on the 21st, yay college!) until October 19th then more twist/plait and hide (hopefully my hair will be long enough for a bun). I'm going back to NYC at some point in November (IDK if it's Thanksgiving or not) so when I go back, I'll get more braids put in which should work through the end of the challenge. YAY! A PLAN! Good for you!!

Question: What do people do when they have extensions in? I just shampoo and condition once a week and it usually works out fine for me (but I never measured before). I DC with 'cones right before. I was planning on applying Aubrey Organics GPB right after taking the braids down and then shampooing and DCing and doing CO when not in braids. That sounds like a good braid regimen. That's about what I did when I had braids, too.

EDIT: Probably using a pass in November too

Soude, my answers are above in red.

I can't wait to start this challenge. Here is my regimine: Prepoo with a blend of indian oils, wash with chagrin valley shampoo bars, ACV and tea rinse, dc with heat for 15-20 mins using ORS replenishing pak or AO HSR, spray in and comb through Jane Carter leave in conditioner and moisturize with nourish and shine. I will either air dry in two stranded twists, 2-4 french braids, or cornrows. I have been doing this since March and will continue to do this. I will post starting pics once the challenge officially begins.

these seems like a fun challenge. count me in! i will be rockin wigs, twists, and braids. i have to get me at least 3 or 4 more wigs! lol! i have been wanting to do this, because i was starting to get bored with my length. i will wash and dc my hair once a week. i will moisturize twice a day.

@ Ms_Twana

Sorry I meant twist french roll. I don't know how long my hair would need to be to achieve a style like that.

I can't wait to start this challenge. Here is my regimine: Prepoo with a blend of indian oils, wash with chagrin valley shampoo bars, ACV and tea rinse, dc with heat for 15-20 mins using ORS replenishing pak or AO HSR, spray in and comb through Jane Carter leave in conditioner and moisturize with nourish and shine. I will either air dry in two stranded twists, 2-4 french braids, or cornrows. I have been doing this since March and will continue to do this. I will post starting pics once the challenge officially begins.

I have been wanting to try one and two french braids. Hey, since the banana clip is back....:look: :lachen:I'll try it one of these days.

these seems like a fun challenge. count me in! i will be rockin wigs, twists, and braids. i have to get me at least 3 or 4 more wigs! lol! i have been wanting to do this, because i was starting to get bored with my length. i will wash and dc my hair once a week. i will moisturize twice a day.

I need to get me some more half wigs. I've been scoping some on Hair Sisters.

I've already joined this challenge, but I wanted to add one more thing. I am hoping that by the end of this six months I will not only have continued health and hair growth, but that I will have excercised and stretched my old body enough that I can retch (ya'll know how to pronounce that) my arm around my back to show off that growth. I'm on a lose one thing and gain another mission.

Can I join, please? I will be bunning for 6 months using my phony pony.:yep:

Of course you can. :grin:

I've already joined this challenge, but I wanted to add one more thing. I am hoping that by the end of this six months I will not only have continued health and hair growth, but that I will have excercised and stretched my old body enough that I can retch (ya'll know how to pronounce that) my arm around my back to show off that growth. I'm on a lose one thing and gain another mission.

I hear ya. I'm with you on that one!! :yep:

Back