Help! New to MD/DC/VA Area

Supastar

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and I'm really enjoying the vast amount of info. It's funny to see all of this info. because I've been using some of these methods and products for about a year. My hair has grown with my own methods, but it has suffered a few set backs from dryness and breakage. Oh well, I just learn a lesson and move forward. With the help of this forum, I hope to not experience anymore set backs. Anyway, my biggest problem is finding a hairstylist who believes in these techniques and uses the same products. I've been chemical free and interchange between blown out looks and one strand twists. I want someone who is versatile: willing to put in a weave or do protective styles, and be creative. Someone who is able to work with my natural hair--someone who won't want to take a hot comb to it. I know of a few Dominican Stylist but all they want to do is relax my hair and do a blow out. Are there any stylists out there that meet my needs?

I want to say that Strands in Wheaton, MD does natural hair as well, but I can't really remember. You should give them a call. 301 - 942-1780

I just wanted to say welcome to the board -- and the area. :wave: I haven't been to a salon in about a year unfortunately so I can't help you there but when I went Strands was on my list. If you make an appointment with Shirley just know you may be there awhile but she's good. I also like Sheldeez in Herndon, VA and Mary's in Silver Spring. The last one is a Dominican salon. :)

strands is good but EXPENSIVE!!!

also try vivanti in silver spring...ask for Errol Chambers.

also check the salon review section of the forum i believe there are some salons listed there!! :yep:

Thanks for the wekcome and the response--this forum is the bomb!! I've heard of all those salons, but didn't know much about them. I stopped going to Mary's in SS because she trimmed the hell out of my hair and it was uneven. The other salons I will definitely look into. Thanks!!

WELCOME to the forum and the MD/DC/VA area, Supastar. Happy hair growing! Please post your results, experiences with the salons if you find some time. We can all learn from eachother.

Back