get a doobie or blowout...advice??

Naijaqueen

hey everyone, i need to get my hair done for a wedding I'll be in this weekend, my hair will be 8 weeks post, I'm stretching for 9.5 weeks, and I'll be getting it one in a lil over a week again. I initially wanted to get a Dominican blowout, but since I'll get one next week when I get a touchup, I'm thinking I dont want heat 2x in 2 weeks. I've never had a doobie, I basically just want something when I can have my hair down, and looking nice. I'm planning on wearing my hair down for the wedding.
Any advice, doobie or blowout??

Thanks!

I think you should get the doobie! You'll have nice body for the wedding and it's a low heat style. And, you are getting a blowout soon after. This way you can have both in a short amount of time. :)

Cincysweetie said:
I think you should get the doobie! You'll have nice body for the wedding and it's a low heat style. And, you are getting a blowout soon after. This way you can have both in a short amount of time. :)

Thanks, I'll do that, dunno why I never thought about getting a doobie, becos I've been really iffy about getting 2blowouts back to back, plus I refuse to relax at 8 weeks, when I can easily stretch for another week. I've used heat once since I started posting on here in early July right around when I got my last touchup, and that was a blowout I got 3 weeks ago. The plan is to save heat for special occasions. :)

Naijaqueen said:
Thanks, I'll do that, dunno why I never thought about getting a doobie, becos I've been really iffy about getting 2blowouts back to back, plus I refuse to relax at 8 weeks, when I can easily stretch for another week. I've used heat once since I started posting on here in early July right around when I got my last touchup, and that was a blowout I got 3 weeks ago. The plan is to save heat for special occasions. :)
That's exactly what I do! :grin: Post pics if you can!

Why not go ahead and get the relaxer before the wedding? You and your friend will look at those pictures for years to come and if you don't look your best you will hate yourself. Go get the relaxer and know you did your best to make the wedding pictures and you look your best.

I would get the blowout for the wedding, and get the doobie after the relaxer touch-up, b/c after you get a relaxer, your hair is pretty straight to the point where you really don't need the blowout.

For those that don't know, a doobie is when after a rollerset, your hair is wrapped, and then later taken down. A blowout is when after the rollerset, you take a blowdryer with a round brush or good Denman, and blow typically the roots straight (some blow the whole head). The blowout gives maximum straightness, while the doobie gives the best body.

hairmaster said:
Why not go ahead and get the relaxer before the wedding? You and your friend will look at those pictures for years to come and if you don't look your best you will hate yourself. Go get the relaxer and know you did your best to make the wedding pictures and you look your best.

naah cause I know my hair will look nice and presentable if i get a doobie, I ould rather get my relaxer done at another place, and really want to reach 9 weeks, not 8. Plus I'm using Phyto and I wont get my order till early next week probably

Sweet C said:
I would get the blowout for the wedding, and get the doobie after the relaxer touch-up, b/c after you get a relaxer, your hair is pretty straight to the point where you really don't need the blowout.

For those that don't know, a doobie is when after a rollerset, your hair is wrapped, and then later taken down. A blowout is when after the rollerset, you take a blowdryer with a round brush or good Denman, and blow typically the roots straight (some blow the whole head). The blowout gives maximum straightness, while the doobie gives the best body.

I agree with Sweet C. The blowout will straighten your roots even with your newgrowth whereas the doobie may not (unless they go over it with a flat iron or "blow the roots" which would end up being the same as a blow out anyway). Good luck with whichever you choose though!

Chanteuse said:
I agree with Sweet C. The blowout will straighten your roots even with your newgrowth whereas the doobie may not (unless they go over it with a flat iron or "blow the roots" which would end up being the same as a blow out anyway). Good luck with whichever you choose though!

I agree with both you and Sweet C, gosh I love this forum, didnt even think of my options like this, make a whole lotta sense, I've had a doobie done right after a relaxer b4 in NY no that I think about it. Multiple heads are better than one :D Thanks so much guys!!!!

Sweet C said:

I agree...blowouts not necessary for me after a relaxer. When I'm stretching, I sometimes get both...blowout (roots only) and then doobie for body

Back