Have you seen her hair?

MzOptimistic

Shima, I love your hair and I can't wait for your bi-weekly newsletters;) I can't wait for my hair to reach your length:)

Be Blessed,

Tanya

Lady Esquire

cmw45 said:
I agree...she had very nice hair...but some of the other ladies on here...two people that come to mind are Babygurl and BlackCardinal...are the ones who should really be writing the book. Although, after reading the add...I don't really feel like here system or technique is that different than anything I could read for FREE here in the forum. :grin:

the thing is, a lot of black women do not even know about the different techniques such as protective styling, and moisturizing, and cowashing, etc. they may not find this site. but they may stumble across hers. all the info that is out there, on the web, or books ciruculating, thru the grapevine, and where ever else, the greater the chances are black women will find the info and change their hair for the better.

Shima01

Lady Esquire, than you so much for that. It helps me spread the word about Protective Styling alot easier when other supportive women of color like yourself back me up. God bless you!

JLove74

Go ahead and throw stones...I'mma just ask it: Shima did you join the forum just to promote your biz?

just asking. I know I'm not the only inquiring mind:)

Energist

Shima, I commented on a youtube commercial of yours the other day! Love your hair, commercial, and what you're trying to do!

Shima01

Thank you energist! Now to JLove 74. MY goal is to SPREAD THE WORD about the benefits of Protective Styling. I chose to do it through my book, The Beauty of Textured Hair, a simple Hair Guide so that all the ladies will know how to create my Protective Styles and finally my Shima Hair DVD so that they can watch me on their TV screen doing my Protective Styles. Simply posting on forums will not help SPREAD THE WORD as much as books, guides and dvds that can be exposed from everything to book stores, book fairs, newspapers, magazines and television. My goal is to make EVERY woman of color aware of Protective Styling. Peace and God bless!

firecracker

Heyyyyy Ya'll. :grin:

If that ain't a gawgeous head of hair right there I don't know what to say. I really love your Curls.:grin:

Now for the inquiring minds that jlove didn't cover:lachen: Heck she registered in March and she has posted 30 post so I'm sure she lurked before she joined.

If she has a booklet out with great info WORK IT GURL!

uh cuz dat head is lookin real goood!:grin:

I'm late. If she broke a forum rule or whatever I'm sure by now she has been informed but dang ya'll! At least she ain't trying ta talk about or sale no fake hair, no bugga juice grease to promote hair growth and care. :(

Shima01

Thank you for being another supportive woman of color Firecracker! I hope you are having a lovely Memorial Day weekend. Also, is your hair naturally curly? It looks really nice. Blessings!;)

Shima01

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Most Popular Hair Myths and Facts
  • Myth #1: Pregnant women lose about 50% of their hair during pregnancy.
  • Fact: Contrary to popular belief pregnant women often have super healthy hair. When a woman becomes pregnant her hair stays in the growth phase and puts off the resting and shedding stage. Then after the baby is born and hormones normalize, the hair goes into its resting and shedding stages. Some women can lose as much as 30 to 40% of their hair. A good way to avoid this awful fact is to continue taking prenatal vitamins or talk to your doctor.
  • Myth #2: When you pull out a gray hair another will gow back in its place.
  • Fact: Trick question, ladies! That myth is atually a "Truth." Pull out one gray hair and another one will surely grow back in its place.
  • Myth #3: Foods that make your hair shiny include; green leafy vegetables and fruits.
  • Fact: Protein foods like tuna fish, beef and soybeans help keep your hair shiny. Although eating leafy green vegetables and fruits should also be part of your hair diet, there is no scientific evidence that these foods will make your hair shiny.
  • Myth #4: Your hair should be completely wet when cutting it.
  • Fact: Your hair should be relatively DAMP not completely wet. This will allow your stylist to keep an even tension on the hair.
  • Myth #5: To make fine hair thicker you must use protein shampoos and conditioners.
  • Fact: There is no way to make fine hair thicker. The best thing you can do if you have fine hair and want to achieve thickness is to choose the right cut and style to give it the appearance of thicker hair.
What you ladies just finished reading is a sampling from one of my Shima Hair News Bi-monthly newsletters. You can visit my Shima Hair website to subscribe. Blessings!:)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Naphy

Shima01 said:
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Most Popular Hair Myths and Facts
  • Myth #5: To make fine hair thicker you must use protein shampoos and conditioners.
  • Fact: There is no way to make fine hair thicker. The best thing you can do if you have fine hair and want to achieve thickness is to choose the right cut and style to give it the appearance of thicker hair.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

But what about carrot juice, biotin or other supplements ? Actually, hair grows thicker with them

Candy_C

hmmmm

i'm living proof biotin makes hair thicker

i'm not slating you

but it does work

and so do certain conditioners

Shima01

Hi Candy C. That hair of yours is Bangin!' It seems that it is as thick as mine. How long does it take you to wash and dry?

Shima01

Thanks Xavier! I am on the last stages of releasing my Shima Hair DVD. I will be coming into the living rooms of women of color who are just like me...who crave long, healthier hair*

P

patient1

THE FOLLOWING POST MAKES NO SENSE NOW THAT THIS THREAD and OTHERS HAVE BEEN EDITED. :lachen: 8.21.08

I feel for you Shima. I can't tell you what's coming down the pipe toward you. How unfortunate that you didn't have enough faith in your product to move forward without dealing from the bottom of the deck? How downright foolish sister! All you had to do was come correct on LHCF. Now instead of having us an Top Shelf team on your side, you've got an army lined up against you.

And DANG! You had to do it when Off Topic And Ent were down?? There's a crew of sisters chilling with some miraculous free time out of nowhere. I've got work to do, but I will be back with a cold drank and my glasses.

I feel for you girl. Didn't have to be this way.....

p1

Last edited by a moderator:

Shima01

Shima Goes to Hollywood... [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Florida to kick off her Shima Hair Tour!!!![/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

My Shima Hair tour has officially KICKED OFF and I am not leaving any tables unturned. I will be speaking to a roomful of lovely ladies just like you and me about my Protective Styling techniques, I will go through everything that is in my hair guides and books in perfect detail, I will be showing cool samplings of my upcoming DVD release, there will be music, food, and basically we're just going to have a BALL** If you are truly SERIOUS about learning more from me regarding healthier, longer hair then you are more than welcome to come see me June 26th, right here in Hollywood Florida! Below is the FULL address where my Shima hair event is going to take place.[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]1948 Tyler Street [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Hollywood FL 33020[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The event begins at 6:00pm and ends at 9:00 pm. The date will be on June 26, 2007 Tuesday. It will be inside an exercise studio which is run by the owner, Ms. Shandall. There are two businesses at this address and they are: Synergize and The Transcontinental Lending Group. If you have any questions regarding how to get there just email me at [email protected]. The event is FREE for all who would like to attend! Can't wait to see you!![/FONT][/FONT]

Shima01

Thank u Valerie, Patient and Blaque Angel! The hair toss is one of my favorite parts in my commercial, too:)

cat eyes

Shima,

Love the commerical, your hair is very very beautiful Shima, and good luck in all you do. You have a kind spirit!! I can tell right off the bat!!! Do not let anyone tear you down!!

God has divine favor for you remember that!!!

God Bless

PinkSkates

You go girl and spread the word about proper ethnic hair care. There are so many women still in the dark about AA hair. Best wishes to you:)

Shima01

And indeed I will Pinkskates. As a matter of fact my Shima Hair DVD is about to BLOW UP this month on June 26th. I TRULY wish that all of my shima Hair Girls and all of the girls from this site, LHCF can be there to witness this historical event. I say this not to be boastful but because God put it in me to do this. Every woman of color across the globe is going to know about Protective Styling through my tireless efforts and dedication before the end of this year...mark my words.
:dance7:

Last edited:

Treasure2k6

Is she one of us?? She and her hair are beautiful.

Nevermind...I see ya Shima! Good Luck and maybe some of us Florida girls can come to support you.

Last edited:

Shima01

Hi ladies, I invite you to join my mailing list at my Shimahair website to receive even more hair tips and secrets from me that work. I also have a Yahoo Group named "Shima Hair" in which I am helping the ladies grow their hair as well. You're all welcome to be part of my Shima Hair family:)

Shima