Have any naturals tried the My Honeychild Products???

Tai said:
I cleared out my PM's RushGirl.

Let us know what products she recommends for you. :)
Okay.. well, I emailed her to ask her what she could recommend for me.. I told her that I BC'd in Nov. and I told her about the abundance of scab hair that I had..etc. I said that I was looking to add moisture, reduce shrinkage, add shine and reduce frizz. I told her that I was a 3c.. then she wrote me back and said this:

Your hair is pretty and you have great defination of the curls. I think you would get awesome results from the Caribbean Hair Cream and the herbal hair cocktail. This product is not heavy it has medium hold, but provides mega moisturization and hydration . If you would like the lighter version, then I would say the Caribbean Hair Activator .The Herbal Hair Cocktail is a porosity builder, if you have ever applied product to your hair and it soaks into one area more than the other , your porosity level is unbalanced. This tends to be more noticable in the crown area of the head and sometimes around the permiter.I just went back to look at your album
again. I would say you are a 2/3 person. Your texture looks incrediably soft around the sides and at the nape. It appears to be a fine/medium texture and it looks as though you may experience frizziness more than anything.
I hope this helped somewhat. If you have more questions , please email me back. Talk with you soon.

Okay..Now, I follow the hair type chart on NC.. now, I have no idea what chart she follows but I am definitely not in the 2 category.. I don't have wavy hair whatsoever.. my hair is super corkscrew curly! I do have that pic in my album where I'm holding my hair back..but I'm holding my hair back..and it's wet..so that shouldn't mean anything except for show maybe the texture of my hair or how fine it is, etc. Does anyone know why she would say I'm a 2/3??? :perplexed I wrote her back saying thanks for the help and that I was surprized that she put me in the 2 category because my hair is so curly and I said that I followed the hair type chart on naturally curly..and sent a link too..but when she wrote me back..she really didn't answer my question..she just wrote back saying that I was welcome and thanks for the inquiry. :confused:

If you look at the pics she has for type 2 people, they look more like type 3a to me than what I would consider type 2, IMO. Since the Herbal Hair Cocktail is a porosity builder and scab hair tends to be rather dry and wiry, I wouldn't think that it would hurt to try it. I just placed my order with her and I got that and the Caribbean Hair Activator and the Type 3 hair cream. :sekret:

I also think she recommended the type 2/3 hair cream because of the scab hair. The Type 2 cream is half moisture, half control while the type 3 is 75% control, 25% moisture. The type 4 is 100% moisture. The Caribbean hair cream is supposed to be more moisturizing than the activator so I guess that's why she mentioned it. So even though her recommendations may have seemed a bit off, they make since to me, RushGirl. :)

and now that you put it all that way.. I understand where she is coming from now.. now it makes sense.. :woot: :lol: Thanks girl.. What else do you think I could get??? I'm gonna try really hard not to just get 3 things..:lol: I hope I can order soon.. the wait it KILLING me.:lachen:

If I were you, I'd get the Herbal Hair Cocktail, the Caribbean Hair Créme, and either the Natural Hair Créme or the Honey Hair Soy Milk.

It was hard for me to stick to just three products. I had to beat down the PJ in me.

Krika wrote me as well... she said I was mostly 3C, with some 4A at the top (pretty true). She also recommended the Herbal Hair Cocktail for the areas to balance out the moisture in the crown area and the Type 3/4 creme, along with the Caribbean Hair Activator when I didn't want to use too many products for styling.

Anyway, I plan to place an order soon!

Tai said:
If I were you, I'd get the Herbal Hair Cocktail, the Caribbean Hair Créme, and either the Natural Hair Créme or the Honey Hair Soy Milk.

It was hard for me to stick to just three products. I had to beat down the PJ in me.
OR?? What's the "OR" for? :lol: I think I shoudl get the Honey Hair Soy Milk because of the mega moisture.. and then if I have any extra.. I'll just have to take a hop, skip and a jump over to CurlMart..:lol:

Thanks for the help Tai.. as usual..lol

I was saying or, RushGirl, to keep you at three products. Stop being a PJ. :spank:

Which Honey crémes or balms have you used, TigerLily?

Well, I just sent an email to get some suggestions as to what types of products they would suggest.

I got my stuff yesterday and used them. I used the 3/4 creme mixed with curl activator. I didn't notice anything, and had my hair in two ponytails. I planned on going on that day, so I flat iron the front ponytail.

All I have to say is, " That’s some damn good creme." It was so soft, and I had mega shine.

It took me a minute, because I was on the phone. By the time I got finish with the front, my back had dried. My hair is slicked back and my curls had mega curl definition. It wasn't hard and had shine.

I'm still a little shocked.

divine said:
I got my stuff yesterday and used them. I used the 3/4 creme mixed with curl activator. I didn't notice anything, and had my hair in two ponytails. I planned on going on that day, so I flat iron the front ponytail.

All I have to say is, " That’s some damn good creme." It was so soft, and I had mega shine.

It took me a minute, because I was on the phone. By the time I got finish with the front, my back had dried. My hair is slicked back and my curls had mega curl definition. It wasn't hard and had shine.

I'm still a little shocked.

Did the 3/4 make your hair soft? Also, did you use HER curl activator or some other brand? :)

PhonyBaloney500 said:
Did the 3/4 make your hair soft? Also, did you use HER curl activator or some other brand? :)

It made my hair soft alright. THe thing I like about it the most, was my ends weren't frizzy when I dried them. I used her curl activator on my hair too. I think the key is to let he stuff soak into the hair.
It sure smells good.

See, the results kind of sneak up on you because when I used mine I was thinking, "Ok, it doesn't seem like it did anything" so I covered my hair and went on about my business. By the end of the day when I removed my scarf, I expected my hair to be rough like it usually is but it was so very soft.

OK I am thinking about ordering too! I want something for MOISTURE as I'm covered with the curl activator stuff...hmmm...maybe the 3/4 cream....

Lets see...car repairs or hair products?? smh...this is turning into a love hate relationship, I love this site, I hate everyone who gives raves :) humm..car repairs or hair products? decisions, decisions.....

Enchantmt said:
Lets see...car repairs or hair products?? smh...this is turning into a love hate relationship, I love this site, I hate everyone who gives raves :) humm..car repairs or hair products? decisions, decisions.....

Well, is the car still running? :lol: If so, then maybe those car repairs really aren't that important? :lol:

She recommended for me the Herbal Hair Coctail (to revive curls) and Type 4 cream....I may order one of these days but I just got my Oyin's stuff so I can't be ordering MORE products lol!

BTW No review yet of Oyin's except the Whipped Pudding is devine! Finally, finally moisture! I haven't tried the other stuff much yet though (Greg Juice, Shine and Define, etc.). Oh yeah and the honeysticks for lips rock!

Hi,

I just tried some of the honeychild products. My favorite so far is the "type" creme. it's amazing. I have type 4b hair which was in desperate need of moisture and this creme does the trick. My hair immediately absorbed it, shined it, and defined my natural curl pattern just like the jar says. You have to use it daily to keep it moisturized. the Guava creme is best used on the hairline to get that 'baby hair' effect if you don't already have it. I also tired the caribbean activator gel on my vacation. this is my least favorite product. It didn't seem to have that much of an effect on my hair. You're suppose to use it on wet hair and let it dry naturally. I didn't care for the results so I didn't let it dry completely. Maybe I need to try this one again before I decide.

Sarah

Back