Myhoneychild products- seperate products for all hair types

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Has anyone ever heard/ordered from this lady? She seems very knowledgeable about all hair types (she's a beautician). Anyway, I was lurking her website and she describes all hair types and recommends specific products she makes for each hair type. I am seriously considering ordering from her. Here's the link http://www.myhoneychild.com

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Bublnbrnsuga said:
Has anyone ever heard/ordered from this lady? She seems very knowledgeable about all hair types (she's a beautician). Anyway, I was lurking her website and she describes all hair types and recommends specific products she makes for each hair type. I am seriously considering ordering from her. Here's the link http://www.myhoneychild.com
After going to that website and looking at the examples of hair types 2, 3, and 4, I think my natural hair represents all three of those types in different areas! :blush:

pookeylou

Never heard of her stuff...but it sounds yummy.

I like some of her combinations, however because they are natural, it would be easy to buy the ingredients and make some of the concoctions myself. I dont think I would pay the prices given for them. She does put some stuff together that sounds like it would be heavenly, deep moisturizing treatment to sit under a heated cap with.

sillygurl18

After looking at the pictures on the website. I have figured out my hair type finally. I wanted to know for sure for some reason, I felt that if I never figured it out, then that meany the stupid hair typing scale had "won". Silly I know. :crazy:

deedabug

i was plannin on ordering from here when i get some throw away cash...since i bugged her to put up thorough pricing

Kha

Never heard of her, but I do like how she has those charts and I'm like Pookeylou, I'm thinking of making my own concoctions...

FrizzMizz

She has some wierd ingredients on that site. I've never even heard of coconut butter of pumpkin seed oil.

I'm like 2B-2C and I want the coconut hair milk.

TigerLily

Thanks for posting this website! I do get tired of thinking I'm getting moisture only for my hair to be greasy. Looks like I'll be trying some of her products!

I just ordered some of her products. I can't wait to try them out!

Last edited:

DragonPearl

Wow, what a coincidence!! When I read the title, I automatically assumed you were talking about this company, OYIN, that was started by Honeychild, who posts on another board. Here is the website for OYIN

http://www.exittheapple.com/oyin/oyin/index.php

People are raving about Oyin's handmade hair and body products, and her business has been steadily growing. Honeychild is very knowledgeable about natural hair and she rocks the most beautiful styles.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
What a coincidence! I just went to this salon on Friday. I bought the hair cream and the Caribbean Activator. I haven't been using them long enough to have an opinion yet...

She's very nice and everything smells sooooooo good!

ETA:
And I like how the products aren't greasy. They sink right in and leave the hair really soft. And everything is made to order so you know it's fresh. I rather pay for her stuff than to try and make my own. I've tried making products and usually end up with a mess. I tried to duplicate Carolyn Grays' HHIB and ended up with something that looked and felt like motor oil. LOL

Last edited:

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
TigerLily said:
Thanks for posting this website! I do get tired of thinking I'm getting moisture only for my hair to be greasy. Looks like I'll be trying some of her products!

I just ordered some of her products. I can't wait to try them out!
Hey TigerLily..what did you order? Lots of her stuff looks great!! I'll definitely be ordering something someday!:grin:

TigerLily

RushGirl said:
Hey TigerLily..what did you order? Lots of her stuff looks great!! I'll definitely be ordering something someday!:grin:
Oh Lawd, what didn't I order? LOL!!!! Let's see:

Honey hair creme
Honey hair mask
Guava honey hair balm
My hair needs a type 4 creme
Sophia's old fashioned hair grease
Aloe Vera leave-in treatment
Jamaica Islands scalp cleanser and conditioner
Miscellaneous items :p

I'll be sure to give a full report when I try them! :grin: :bouncy:

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
TigerLily said:
Oh Lawd, what didn't I order? LOL!!!! Let's see:

Honey hair creme
Honey hair mask
Guava honey hair balm
My hair needs a type 4 creme
Sophia's old fashioned hair grease
Aloe Vera leave-in treatment
Jamaica Islands scalp cleanser and conditioner
Miscellaneous items :p

I'll be sure to give a full report when I try them! :grin: :bouncy:
DAMN..I'm scared of you..:laugh: Yah, definitely don't forget the reviews when you get everything.. Man, just thinking about how everything smells is driving me crazy not ordering anything..

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
Erica78 said:
Dang Tigerlily you cleaned up! :D Don't forget those reviews!
Hey Erica!! You BC'd??!! I don't think I knew that.. unless I did and gave you congrats before and then I forgot..lol If I didn't CONGRATS GIRL!:bouncy:

TigerLily

DangerouslyShy said:
Are these products meant for naturals...or can teturized/relaxed also get in on thisl...
I think I saw on her site where relaxed/texturized can use her products. :)

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Jessy55 said:
Wow, what a coincidence!! When I read the title, I automatically assumed you were talking about this company, OYIN, that was started by Honeychild, who posts on another board. Here is the website for OYIN

http://www.exittheapple.com/oyin/oyin/index.php

People are raving about Oyin's handmade hair and body products, and her business has been steadily growing. Honeychild is very knowledgeable about natural hair and she rocks the most beautiful styles.

I received my order from Oyin about three days ago. It is so tempting not to taste the Greg Juice! It smells so good!

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
Bublnbrnsuga said:
I received my order from Oyin about three days ago. It is so tempting not to taste the Greg Juice! It smells so good!
Oh man, I want stuff from that site too..especially that Greg Juice.. what else did you get?? and uh..where are the reviews?? :lol:

DragonPearl

Bublnbrnsuga said:

I am on a budget, but I might breakdown and order some of Oyin's grandpoo bar shampoo. I have heard too many wonderful things about it.

Last edited:

CocoaButterflyy

just when I said I wasn't going to order any new products *sigh*

my hair is screaming for moisture right now so I may have to order