Hair Weave Challenge for the rest of 2008?

tycoles

*sigh* Ok, I got like 2 weeks until the challenge starts, and I can't find anyone to do my weave. I've called several people, and they are either not calling me back or they are too expensive. Who I gotta sleep with to get a weave man!

BeautifulFlower

What state do you live in?

*sigh* Ok, I got like 2 weeks until the challenge starts, and I can't find anyone to do my weave. I've called several people, and they are either not calling me back or they are too expensive. Who I gotta sleep with to get a weave man!

reena

your hair does look great. Im in b/c I already wear a weave did for most of 2007 and 2008. Off topic too. what reggi did you for your abs.

ebzonix

Does anyone know of a Curly weave that I can get. I don't want to only have straight styles and since I'm planning on having some of my hair out, then I'd like to have the alternative of straight and kinky curly, if there's such a thing that's not extravegantly priced.

jamaicalovely

I'm down for this i was just wanting to see my hair with more growth and was getting frustrated on what i could use to get my hair to grow more.

I have my weave appointment already set up for Friday afternoon. So i cant wait.

I dont usually buy straight hair. I love Natural Body hair(less curling just kind of get up and go) and i have a straight side swept bang. My problem is that I have a hard time keeping a weave in longer than 4 weeks.

For the price that i pay for the hair and to get it done i need to work with it for at least 6 to 8 weeks. I would love to go for at 8 weeks.

Bluediamond, your hair came out nice!

BeautifulFlower

I think this is really cute.

Does anyone know of a Curly weave that I can get. I don't want to only have straight styles and since I'm planning on having some of my hair out, then I'd like to have the alternative of straight and kinky curly, if there's such a thing that's not extravegantly priced.

Jessica Rabbit

I stopped doing straight weaves a couple of years ago. I solely do curly ones. I will check tomorrow to see if my favorite vendors have anything in stock.

I am going to purchase a moisturizing mist from either oyin (juices and berries) or shescentit.com. Anybody have any feedback or suggestions? I'm going to spritz my hair nightly.

Anybody else with a curly weave?

I have to remember to call Reniece some time this week to see if I can get tighted up before she goes on maternity leave. If not, I'll go to Breon.

msa

I stopped doing straight weaves a couple of years ago. I solely do curly ones. I will check tomorrow to see if my favorite vendors have anything in stock.

I am going to purchase a moisturizing mist from either oyin (juices and berries) or shescentit.com. Anybody have any feedback or suggestions? I'm going to spritz my hair nightly.

Anybody else with a curly weave?

I have to remember to call Reniece some time this week to see if I can get tighted up before she goes on maternity leave. If not, I'll go to Breon.

I love juices and berries, it's my favorite spritz. Personally, to really moisturize my hair when it's in a weave I use oyin honey hemp conditioner mixed with water (not so it's runny, just so it's easier to distribute). I use a bottle with a nozzle to apply it. I usually do that once a week and then the rest of the time I spritz with juices and berries. Even with loose hair, this is the best combination for me.

Neala21

Thanks for joining the challenge! :grin:

I will get you ladies :reena, nyc_beauty, jry2lnghair, luscious850 & lynb7b added to the list.

Jessica Rabbit

I love juices and berries, it's my favorite spritz. Personally, to really moisturize my hair when it's in a weave I use oyin honey hemp conditioner mixed with water (not so it's runny, just so it's easier to distribute). I use a bottle with a nozzle to apply it. I usually do that once a week and then the rest of the time I spritz with juices and berries. Even with loose hair, this is the best combination for me.
I'm going to browse around the Oyin site some more today.

tasty0619

i'm in...my 1st lhcf challenge WOOOT:woot:ok back OT i will post my start pics either wed or thurs, and my first install will be friday...i plan on cowashing daily- every other day and shampooing once a week....do you ladies DC in weaces though??? i'm curious

Neala21

Tasty0619 Congrats on this being your 1st challenge! :yep: I will get you added to the list! :grin:

I don't normally deep condition my hair when wearing a weave. I do so after I take out my install. I just make sure my hair is well conditioned and moisturize while wearing my weave

HisBestFriend

I want in!!!! I had a serious mishap in April and had decided to stay in a weave for the next year. I have no intention of taking it out to reveal the mess that is my nape.

I'll post a pic tonite of what sent me to the weave. (before my breakage, I never imagined getting a weave, no I can't imagine growing my hair without it!)

Neala21

Hisbestfriend. Thanks for joining & I will get you added to the list.

May I ask what the 'mishap' was that is sending you wearing weaves for the next year?

bluediamond0829

Bluediamond, your hair came out nice!

Thank you but its a few braids that are lifted and came loose. And because the hair was wavy and cut to shoulder length its not performing right. And plus at the top which i dont like i can see the weft.(im very picky about my weaves and how they look).

So Friday I'm getting a new weave by someone else.

HERicane10

Count me in! Weaved up on 6/6/08 at 9 weeks post. Scheduled for take down at the end of month. Will take a progress pic then, but I WILL NOT be relaxing until August at 17 weeks post. :look:

msa

I just got my weave yesterday (6/20) and I love it!! It's wavy in the back and braids for the front part that I left out, which I dipped to make wavy as well. As soon as I get a new camera I'll post pics. I think I'm going to continue with this same style until my birthday in February. Good luck ladies!!

NikStarrr

Just got weaved up on Wednesday. Plan on weaving consistently for the rest of the year. I have 6 inches of natural hair and I need her to grow grow grow!

kkamara5

This is on time! I was torn between a lf and weave, and was leaning in the direction of the weave. I would like to join this challenge if I can find a good weavologist by July 1. Any ladies in VA/DC/MD know of a good stylist?

Yea there is a lady I know that does hair very well and she resides in MD..she has installed my full weave twice and her prices are reasonable....let me know if you need more info...

bee

All this talk about weaves and noone has mentioned any hair recommendations?! I have never had a weave before but plan to attempt one before the summer is over. I don't plan on wearing them for more than 4 weeks so any good BSS hair recs, is greatly appreciated.

I guess I should mention that I want the bob look but I also want to be able to wear a braid out too.

Luscious850

Today I got my new sew in installed, im so excited, i cant wait to see how much growth i get from it + my megatek. I want to be able to wash my sew in once a week for the next 8 weeks before i remove it. Does anyone have any tips on washing a straight 100% human hair install?

Ediese

All this talk about weaves and noone has mentioned any hair recommendations?! I have never had a weave before but plan to attempt one before the summer is over. I don't plan on wearing them for more than 4 weeks so any good BSS hair recs, is greatly appreciated.

I guess I should mention that I want the bob look but I also want to be able to wear a braid out too.

I got mine done a few weeks ago, and decided to use BSS hair. I bought the Sensational Premium Now, and I don't have any problems with shedding or tangling. It was only $24 a pack. You can check out pics in my fotki. I think it would be great for a bob. Also, I've heard that the Sensational Goddess Remi is good too, but it's more expensive. I think about $65+ per bag. That hair is a little straighter/silkier. I would suggest that you compare both.