Taking care of Hair underneath weave challenge 2011!!

Shirilyn4652

Hello ladies I wanted to start a weave regimen/challenge thread for 2011. We need to incorporate a regimen where people can come and view and see progress with hairweaves. I have been lurking this board, and even though I am new, would love to do this challenge. If we can do this please PM me, and whoever has started this type of challenge please help me get it started!
How long to wear weave: I can leave mine up just 4 weeks the longest 6 weeks at a time. (we can decide on how long)
We can start the challenge in August until December of this year (4 months)I have a weave in now and will not take down for about 2 more weeks
Include our regimen(how often and when used):
Type of products: Scurl, Joico Kpak, Aphogee reconstructor, coconut oil, sulfer
Supplements: Vitamin D3, Biotin, flinstone vitamins, codliver oil

The challenge can be for anyone: relaxed, texlaxed or natural
  • Who is wanting to obtain at least 3 inches of growth
  • You can wear them 4-6 weeks.
  • You wait two weeks after your relaxer and one week for back to back installs.
  • You condition on dry hair after detangling with big tooth comb on dry hair.
Thanks ladies!!Please help!!:yep:

NeicyNee

I'd like to do this challenge with you. I just recently took out a weave after 2 months and got about an inch and a half of new growth (which is great for me because I am a slow grower). I plan on getting my next install within the next week. The only thing is that I keep mine in for at least 2 months, for my wallets sake lol.

I have never started or really joined any challenges so hopefully some other ladies will chime in! :)

missdemi

OMG I am SO in! Im planning on getting a weave and this is EXACTLY my goal to take care of the hair underneath. Im currently trying to decide if I'm going to get a closure or just leave some of my hair out... IDK

treybaby2005

Count me in.I currently have had my sew in since 7/8.I usually wear them for 6-8 wks.I'm on my phone now I will put my regimen in when I'm on computer.

Sent from my ADR6300 using ADR6300

cech2204

Hey ladies! Long time lurker too, but this challenge is exactly what I need! I will be self-installing either the 1st or 2nd week of August and will re-install until the end of the year. I like to keep my installs for at least 8-12 weeks just depending on how long they can last. I have successfully transitioned with the help of sew-ins, but have recently gotten very lazy with the upkeep of my natural hair. I will be back to update with my current regimen and products. HHG!!!!!

virtuenow

Why only 4-6 weeks. I'm not that familiar w/weaves, but I've seen some threads of lhcfers who go 4-6 months (wow). I'm doing my research. I think it should be a 3 month challenge so you can do 4 quarters. I'm interested.

virtuenow

Shirilyn4652 PlainJane I hope so, I'm very interested in this challenge. Or just an extension 2011 challenge like this board seems to have every year except this year. I hope you or someone starts one.