Hair Vitamin That Actually Works!!

Don't Do It!!!!!

I have been using these since November. They haven't done a thing for my hair. I got more growth with the GNC UltraNourishair!!!!! I ordered a year long subscription and ended up paying the penalty to cancel. I am on my last bottle of this mess now. Once I'm done, I'm going back to the GNC UltraNourishair. I think those growth stories are pure fiction!!!

:wallbash: :nono: :wallbash:

Wow, check out the ingredients:

Ingredient Amt. per serving %RDA Vitamin B-12 3mcg 50% Vitamin B6 9mg 450% Niacin 21mg 141% Biotin 300mcg 100% Pantothenic Acid 39mg 390% MSM 99mg * Silica 18mg * Inositol 48mg * Choline 198mg 42% He Shou Wu 99mg * Horsetail 24mg * Iron 3mg 17% Iodine 25mcg 17% Folic Acid 400mcg 100% PABA 24mg * Zinc 15mg 100% Essential Oils Vitamin A 2500iu 50% Vitamin E 30iu 100% Flax Seed Oil 21mg * Linoleic Acid 21mg * Borage Oil 6mg * Amino Acids (Proteins) L-Cysteine 198mg Proprietary Blend - 798mg
L-Serine, L-Glutamic, L-Threonine, L-Glycine,
L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Arginine, L-Aspartic, L-Alanine, L-Proline
L-Isoleucine, L-Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Histidine, L-Methionine
Also contains: cellulose, magnesium stearate, gelatin, and silicon dioxide
Dosage: Take three capsules daily. Divide doses between morning, afternoon, and evening.

Thanks for posting this.

I broke out my bottles of HF37 and found that HF37 has higher concentrations of the vitamins, nutrients and amino acids than this product; this product is falling short quantity-wise.
What a shame on the company to 'dangle the carrot' to black women by advertising a product 'designed specifically' for black hair:nono:.

Here's what I found on the combination of my 3 HF37 bottles:

HF37 Step 1:
Niacin 70 mg
Folic Acid 800 mcg
Vitamin B12 12 mcg
Biotin 200 mcg
Pantothenic Acid 200 mg
Iron 4 mg
Iodine 300 mcg
Zinc 30 mg
Manganese 10 mg
Choline 1000 mg
Inositol 250 mg
PABA 60 mg.

HF37 Step 2:
L-Isoleucine 203 mg
L-Leucine 502 mg
L-Lysine 436 mg
L-Methionine 95 mg
L-Phenylalanine 124 mg
L-Threonine 188 mg
L-Tryptophan 95 mg
L-Valine 155 mg
L_Aspartic Acid 429 mg
L-Serine 137 mg
L-Glutamic Acid 661 mg
L-Proline 178 mg
L-Glycine 68 mg
L-Alanine 228 mg
L-Cystine 380 mg
L-Tyrosine 144 mg
L-Histidine 79 mg
L-Arginine 98 mg.

HF37 Herbal Booster:
Vitamin A 2000iu
Vitamin B12 20 mcg
Pantothenic Acid 20 mg
Folic Acid 200 mcg
Biotin 100 mcg
Niacinamide 20 mg
Calcium 50 mg
Copper 4 mg
Iodine 100 mcg
Zinc 10 mcg
L-Cysteine 40 mg
Choline 20 mg
Inositol 20 mg
Linoleic Acid 40 mg
Selenium 40 mcg
Manganese 10 mg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, I did see some minerals on 'Fast Growth's label that HF37 didn't have and some of the ingredients on hf37 weren't as concentrated as F.G,
But, whenever I did use hf37 consistently, I would notice accelerated growth.
If I could ever take it without slacking off and sticking to my daily dosages, I love to be able to measure to see how much growth I end up with in a month, but anyway; I like HF37.
Outside of that, I'd like to start taking Super Biotin.

I definitely don't work for the company and can tell you that these vitamins DEFINITELY worked for me! I had to stop taking them once I became pregnant, but will start back taking them after my little one is here.

But yes, I can definitely testify that these vitamins are pretty amazing. Plus, they have wonderful ingredients that are better than ingredients I've seen in a lot of other vitamins including multi-vitamins. Not to mention it makes your nails grow and your skin glow.

Of course along with any other vitamin, a proper diet, drinking plenty of water, and excercise also play a major part in your hair. "Growth Aides" alone, won't cut it, but it definitely enhances other things you are doing to maintain healthy hair, skin, and nails.

I agree with Enscott14!...and NO, I don't work for Exotic Allure either. I have been suffering from traction alopecia and breakage/dry, brittle hair for some time now. I wasn't sure what to do at first so I started doing my own "research" trying to find anything to help me get my hair back, help what I have grow longer and stronger, etc. (all before stumbling upon LCHF). I ordered a bottle of Exotic Allure just to try it out. I did notice before placing my order that you should allow 45 day for the vitamins to get into your system and start seeing noticeable results. I finished my first bottle approx 2-3 weeks ago and hadn't noticed too much as far as my hair. It asks that you take them 3 times/day but a few days I'm sure I may have forgot one, but I as least took 2 a day. I always had pretty good skin/complexion but after having my first son, I started having more breakouts and uneven skin tone. Some on the testimonials on the stated that some noticed a difference in their skin and nails first. I can agree with this as well....my skin is clearing up and my complexion/uneven skin tone is also improving. I've always had nails that were brittle and cracked easily...they seem to be a little better but I'm not so much concerned with that (but if anyone knows anything that would help my nails :grin: <hint, hint>, I'm listening....LOL). I received my 2nd bottle in the mail approx. 2 weeks ago and have continued to take them as stated before. I got my last relaxer on 10/07/08 and by 10/21/08 (BELIEVE IT OR NOT), I can see an inch or more of new grown in the back and not so much in the front and sides! The texture seems to be different too...it's soft and wavy. IDK if the vitamins contributed to that or not. I'm now considering transitioning to see what my natural hair would be like! I've also picked up a few things from LHCF such as, cowashing every other day, shampooing once a week, baggy'd once, and moisturizing A LOT! I'm sure this helped too! As far as the traction alopecia, my hair seems to be filling in slowly (better than nothing at all) but I also saw a dermatologist and have been applying the steroid drops that he prescribed, to that area. In all, I think the vitamins and working for me in different ways! Like some of you mentioned, what works for one may not work for you...you be the judge! I just wanted to add a "positive" response because I think Exotic Allure should be given some credit.....though 6 inches in 7 weeks does seem to be extreme! Hey, I saw 1 inch in 2 weeks though...that's 1/2" per week so far (after completing a whole full bottle and starting the 2nd one). Hope this helps! BTW, I'm new to LHCF and this is my 1st post to any thread! :newbie: :eyebrows2

Have a Blessed Day!

Nikki :)

Hi all -
Has anyone tried a hair vitamin called: Fast Grow: Ethnic Hair Growth Enhancer by Exotic Allure. I just finished my 1st bottle (1 month supply) and just purchased 2 more - I still can't believe how much my hair has grown (bought it end of March)!! I will be posting pics soon but trust me when I say - this product is phenomenal!! My hair is a mix of 3c/4a & I've been wearing it short since 10/07 (finally decided I want to grow it out). I didn't measure my hair to determine the new growth but I'm almost positive it grew 2 inches! Though I just got some braids - its when i blew my hair out the other day that I and my sisters had to say "Whoa Nelly!"

I stumbled on it when looking for a basic hair vitamin I could take to help me grow my hair out. I did some googling and when i landed on Amazon becuz of reviews for a few other products - I was impressed by the 4.5 out 5 star rating! So I went to the company's website www.exoticallure.com & decided to give it a shot becuz it is a product specifically designed to grow out Afro/kinky/ethnic hair. I don't know about some of you but I'm a bit of a skeptic when trying new products that flaunt big claims - so when it arrived in the mail, I was surprised to find that the ingredients are pretty much the same things you'd find in a quality multi-vitamin (of course, w/ the exception of horsetail...which I wonder, could this be their secret??)

Anyway, it typically retails for $29 but Amazon sells it for $19.99. I think at the rate my hair is growing - I'll be able to sport a nice ponytail by next year. (Pics coming soon...)

Amazon Reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/review/produc...cm_cr_acr_txt?_encoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Company Site:
http://www.exoticallure.com/

Wow! I've heard of these vits when I first joined and thought they would not work. I instead started taking Gueye's Hair Vitamins, then Nioxin, and finally Viviscal. I will give these a try since they're relatively cheap:yep: Thanks for the post!

Don't Do It!!!!!

I have been using these since November. They haven't done a thing for my hair. I got more growth with the GNC UltraNourishair!!!!! I ordered a year long subscription and ended up paying the penalty to cancel. I am on my last bottle of this mess now. Once I'm done, I'm going back to the GNC UltraNourishair. I think those growth stories are pure fiction!!!

:wallbash: :nono: :wallbash:

YIKES!!!!:perplexed Thanks for the heads up! I think I'll stick with my V:grin:

4 of 6 people found the following review helpful:
stars-5-0._V47081849_.gif
best product ever, October 21, 2007
By Jaqueline Young "Paris Milani" (Florida) - See all my reviews

my daughter has always longed to get beautiful long hair after 7 weeks her hair grew 6 inches. But because her hair is already long and natural not relaxed and she gets in all her fruits and vegetables and exercise speed up the process. And right now she is using pantene relaxed and natural which makes her her shiny, soft and beautiful.A few weeks later she relaxed her hair and its down to her waist.She's 13 years old too amazing product

..........:ohwell: ummmm.....

Wuh tha??????:spinning: Ooookay:lachen::drunk::spinning::nono:

A few years ago I was taking Hairtopia which was working great but because I wanted to save money and not take so many pills I bought Exotic Allure. What a waste of money? It didn't to a darn thing to my hair.

It sat on the dresser collecting dust until I finally got rid of it. I guess you do get what you pay for. Hairtopia worked great but probably would have done more had I stuck with it (darn horse pills). However, I've decided to go back to it. Just bite the bullet, as they say, and down those pills. I know it will pay off in the end.

Just a word on that testimonial, I spend a lot of time on the internet and see tons of testimonials on tons of different things all the time. I'm always suspicious about testimonials to begin with because personally I feel anyone with half a brain and a descent vocabulary can throw together a testimonial. At this point for me, it darn near has to sound like someone is pouring out their bleeding heart to convince me that it MAY be real.

A few years ago I was taking Hairtopia which was working great but because I wanted to save money and not take so many pills I bought Exotic Allure. What a waste of money? It didn't to a darn thing to my hair.

It sat on the dresser collecting dust until I finally got rid of it. I guess you do get what you pay for. Hairtopia worked great but probably would have done more had I stuck with it (darn horse pills). However, I've decided to go back to it. Just bite the bullet, as they say, and down those pills. I know it will pay off in the end.

Just a word on that testimonial, I spend a lot of time on the internet and see tons of testimonials on tons of different things all the time. I'm always suspicious about testimonials to begin with because personally I feel anyone with half a brain and a descent vocabulary can throw together a testimonial. At this point for me, it darn near has to sound like someone is pouring out their bleeding heart to convince me that it MAY be real.

I have been taking hairtopia on/off for the past few months... In HT's defense, I was not taking the recommended 8 horse tablets defense... I just started maybe a month ago taking them consisently..but I don't know if I'm seeing that increase in hair growth... when I finish the HT I will try these...

I agree with Enscott14!...and NO, I don't work for Exotic Allure either. I have been suffering from traction alopecia and breakage/dry, brittle hair for some time now. I wasn't sure what to do at first so I started doing my own "research" trying to find anything to help me get my hair back, help what I have grow longer and stronger, etc. (all before stumbling upon LCHF). I ordered a bottle of Exotic Allure just to try it out. I did notice before placing my order that you should allow 45 day for the vitamins to get into your system and start seeing noticeable results. I finished my first bottle approx 2-3 weeks ago and hadn't noticed too much as far as my hair. It asks that you take them 3 times/day but a few days I'm sure I may have forgot one, but I as least took 2 a day. I always had pretty good skin/complexion but after having my first son, I started having more breakouts and uneven skin tone. Some on the testimonials on the stated that some noticed a difference in their skin and nails first. I can agree with this as well....my skin is clearing up and my complexion/uneven skin tone is also improving. I've always had nails that were brittle and cracked easily...they seem to be a little better but I'm not so much concerned with that (but if anyone knows anything that would help my nails :grin: <hint, hint>, I'm listening....LOL). I received my 2nd bottle in the mail approx. 2 weeks ago and have continued to take them as stated before. I got my last relaxer on 10/07/08 and by 10/21/08 (BELIEVE IT OR NOT), I can see an inch or more of new grown in the back and not so much in the front and sides! The texture seems to be different too...it's soft and wavy. IDK if the vitamins contributed to that or not. I'm now considering transitioning to see what my natural hair would be like! I've also picked up a few things from LHCF such as, cowashing every other day, shampooing once a week, baggy'd once, and moisturizing A LOT! I'm sure this helped too! As far as the traction alopecia, my hair seems to be filling in slowly (better than nothing at all) but I also saw a dermatologist and have been applying the steroid drops that he prescribed, to that area. In all, I think the vitamins and working for me in different ways! Like some of you mentioned, what works for one may not work for you...you be the judge! I just wanted to add a "positive" response because I think Exotic Allure should be given some credit.....though 6 inches in 7 weeks does seem to be extreme! Hey, I saw 1 inch in 2 weeks though...that's 1/2" per week so far (after completing a whole full bottle and starting the 2nd one). Hope this helps! BTW, I'm new to LHCF and this is my 1st post to any thread! :newbie: :eyebrows2

Have a Blessed Day!

Nikki :)

I dont mean to troll BUT...

You gotta forgive me for being incredibly skeptical of the both of you.

Ms. tsescoff has all of 7 posts and starts a thread about an AMAZING hair vitamin,:ohwell: and out of nowhere here comes MsNikki**lovingme4me, who, on her 1st post has such a glowing review:huh:

You have got to be kidding me. I mean, if you want to spam a forum, at least don't insult our intelligence by doing it soooo blatantly. Invest a couple months into building credibility or something.

I suggest you stop preying on our very impressionable product junkies.

Enscott14, I believe. You guys, I'd think twice

Ms. tsescoff has all of 7 posts and starts a thread about an AMAZING hair vitamin,:ohwell: and out of nowhere here comes MsNikki**lovingme4me, who, on her 1st post has such a glowing review:huh:

You have got to be kidding me. I mean, if you want to spam a forum, at least don't insult our intelligence by doing it soooo blatantly. Invest a couple months into building credibility or something.

As RODPJ, I take any review with a grain a salt and my decision to buy usually depends on the reality to see if this will work for me. Sure they may not be completely honest..but really what is? Somebody prolly spit on OCT/MT saying it didn't work for them; but it works for most. I looked at the ingredient list for vitamins and they seem to compare to HairTopia which I paid 79.99.. I mean yeah the testimonials and whatnot are suspect..but the ingredients are things that are common in most vitamins..and for 19.99.. I'll try a bottle!

Just saying.. there are some real reviews on Amazon.. plus the nail growing thing is just as good for me.. :D

As RODPJ, I take any review with a grain a salt and my decision to buy usually depends on the reality to see if this will work for me. Sure they may not be completely honest..but really what is? Somebody prolly spit on OCT/MT saying it didn't work for them; but it works for most. I looked at the ingredient list for vitamins and they seem to compare to HairTopia which I paid 79.99.. I mean yeah the testimonials and whatnot are suspect..but the ingredients are things that are common in most vitamins..and for 19.99.. I'll try a bottle!

Just saying.. there are some real reviews on Amazon.. plus the nail growing thing is just as good for me.. :D

Oh, I'm not saying that it doesn't work for some people, I or that the pill is a scam product. I was speaking more in their approach. It just seems to me that they joined the forum to post about the product. Which by definition is spamming.

I use it and not only did my hair grow my new growth came in at a much more manageble texture. Going to get two more bottles from amazon also.

I tried this. It made my nails grow fast, but didn't notice much difference in hair growth. I used these for 60 days. What did help my hair grow was Nori (seaweed), that I purchased in wholefoods in the international aisle (it's freeze dried and I eat it like chips). I got the heads up on it from this site, and my japanese roommate was recommending it so I thought why not? Also, I'm using OCT/Megatek combination. These are the only things that I've seen a difference with. I think the vitamins could work for someone who is not getting the nutrients necessary. Then the spurt would be one of the hair saying thank God we have some nutrients. But for a continuous growth? I don't know. Now are they healthy? Yes, my nails did grow like no tomorrow. So I say to each his/her own.
i eat nori, too, but i'm not sure if it's had any effect on my hair. how many sheets do you eat daily?

Don't truss it!

I think its funny how the people giving the great reviews have 1 post and are new members. And I'm telling yall that I have tried these vits and there ain't nothin special.
Hair Skin and Nails by Futurebiotics gave me noticeable results.

Hi all -
Has anyone tried a hair vitamin called: Fast Grow: Ethnic Hair Growth Enhancer by Exotic Allure. I just finished my 1st bottle (1 month supply) and just purchased 2 more - I still can't believe how much my hair has grown (bought it end of March)!! I will be posting pics soon but trust me when I say - this product is phenomenal!! My hair is a mix of 3c/4a & I've been wearing it short since 10/07 (finally decided I want to grow it out). I didn't measure my hair to determine the new growth but I'm almost positive it grew 2 inches! Though I just got some braids - its when i blew my hair out the other day that I and my sisters had to say "Whoa Nelly!"

I stumbled on it when looking for a basic hair vitamin I could take to help me grow my hair out. I did some googling and when i landed on Amazon becuz of reviews for a few other products - I was impressed by the 4.5 out 5 star rating! So I went to the company's website www.exoticallure.com & decided to give it a shot becuz it is a product specifically designed to grow out Afro/kinky/ethnic hair. I don't know about some of you but I'm a bit of a skeptic when trying new products that flaunt big claims - so when it arrived in the mail, I was surprised to find that the ingredients are pretty much the same things you'd find in a quality multi-vitamin (of course, w/ the exception of horsetail...which I wonder, could this be their secret??)

Anyway, it typically retails for $29 but Amazon sells it for $19.99. I think at the rate my hair is growing - I'll be able to sport a nice ponytail by next year. (Pics coming soon...)

Amazon Reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/review/produc...cm_cr_acr_txt?_encoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Company Site:

YEESSSSSS!!! My sister used this and her hair grew super fast!!! She went from almost no hair at all to shoulder length in 6-8 mos. Fast Grow is the truth!! I think I am going to order myself some now!! It really does work guys, I have no affiliation with the company whatsoever. My sister used this years ago. It DOES work.

Last edited:
I use it and not only did my hair grow my new growth came in at a much more manageble texture. Going to get two more bottles from amazon also.

LOL so it changed your texture too? On your first post? How much money are you guys putting into this? This is your third account. That's $19.50 so far just to spam

Last edited:
I actually used this vitamin a couple of years ago. I felt it did make my hair grow but at the time it was pricey and I hated having to take so many pills a day. When you look at it these vitamins have all the ingrediants you need in a vitamin. A lot of folks here take these things seperately. I don't know if the original poster was advertising or not but I know for myself these were one of the best vitamins I tried. I got an 1inch a month and the texture was softer and less shedding for me.

I still have half a bottle of these. Wasn't impressed. I"m getting better results with just straight Megatek on my scalp every other night, a multivitamin, 1500 mcg Biotin, and 4000 mg MSM daily.

4 of 6 people found the following review helpful:
stars-5-0._V47081849_.gif
best product ever, October 21, 2007
By Jaqueline Young "Paris Milani" (Florida) - See all my reviews

my daughter has always longed to get beautiful long hair after 7 weeks her hair grew 6 inches. But because her hair is already long and natural not relaxed and she gets in all her fruits and vegetables and exercise speed up the process. And right now she is using pantene relaxed and natural which makes her her shiny, soft and beautiful.A few weeks later she relaxed her hair and its down to her waist.She's 13 years old too amazing product

..........:ohwell: ummmm.....

Okay I call BULLSHID!

These certainly aren't the most potent vitamins out there. Andrew Lessman is way more concentrated as is many others out their on he market.

Excuse me for having what was called a "glowing review!" Like I mentioned before, I am a newbie and when I joined, I searched for Exotic Allure vitamins just to see what others had to say about it since I had ALREADY been taking them prior to me joining. I'm not trying to insult anyone's intelligence, are you kiddin' me? WTF? Anyway, I thought I may be able to help out by posting my "positive" results but obviously some took it the wrong way. Thanks for the welcome BTW. Also, I DO NOT appreciate being called "dishonest"....I'm a very honest person, more than you will obviously ever know. I would never get on here to make up crap for the heck of it. I have better things to do with my time. Like I said, I've been suffering from traction alopecia, researching, googling, etc. trying to see what might help me because alopecia can be VERY discouraging. I stumbled upon LHCF and was excited at the plethora of info out there. Sorry you took me the wrong way. Trust me, I have a life though babe! :yawn:

Hi all -

Amazon Reviews:

Company Site:

Hmmmm....I'm still waiting for those "pics"..... :rolleyes:

Thanks you soo much for saying that! OMG, I am thrown by the responses I got for my comment! OMG, I'm soooo shocked. Can't believe someone would think I would waste money to spam a hair care forum. I definitely have better things to do with my time and money....especially with the price of gas! LOL...even though it's declining slowly! :perplexed

Don't truss it!

I think its funny how the people giving the great reviews have 1 post and are new members. And I'm telling yall that I have tried these vits and there ain't nothin special.
Hair Skin and Nails by Futurebiotics gave me noticeable results.

Sorry you feel that way....what works for one, may not for others. I have to start somewhere....can't help it this was my first post. Thought I should post on something I've actually tried....

Sorry you feel that way....what works for one, may not for others. I have to start somewhere....can't help it this was my first post. Thought I should post on something I've actually tried....

Don't worry about it. Your always gonna find somebody who's not gonna like something. If you posted about a product you believed in then that's all you can do.

FOR THE RECORD! I'm not a "spammer!" LOL. Can't believe someone would get that from my post. I promise I'm an honest woman tryin' to grow my hair too....glad I found this forum. I guess I need to start making short, sweet, blunt, to-the-point comments or someone MAY think I'm here for the hell of it. NOT AT ALL THE CASE....come on now! :nono:....I know I get a little lengthy sometimes (whether it be a text, email or school paper LOL) but DAYUMMMMM! I apologize if me being honest sounds fake or spam-ish. OMG! I thought this forum was to post "your personal experience(s)" with things you've tried, etc. If I'm wrong, PLEASE tell me otherwise! :)

Back