Haha, I got another sew-in for a couple of months *PICS*

Kneechay

First, thanks to all of you for the kindness you've shown me. I truly appreciate all the nice words & encouragement. I can't say thanks enough!

I don't get tired of your weaves atall!! :giggle: How much does the goddess remi cost? And does your hair in the front ever become heat damaged from being pressed more than the hair that's underneath?

Thanks! Usually I get two lengths, 10'/12' in since she's going to trim & layer anyway, it makes sense since the longer hair is $10 more. The hair usually costs $59 & $69 respectively, but I got them each for $10 less, so I paid $49 & $59.

I never get tired of your weaves! They have inspired me so much..but I have a question...
You said that you would be keeping this install in for about 4 months..and I know the last install you had in you kept in for a while too... Does your hair ever mat up or tangle really bad especially since you wash once a week? What is your detangling method once you take out the weave?

ETA: Also does your stylist braid your hair underneath with fake hair or is it just your own hair?

And I love your cousins "Lauren Conrad" style...my sister and I do that style all the time with our weaves :yep:

Thanks so much! You know, I was concerned it would since I washed so frequently, leading me to remove the install sooner than I wanted to (which I regretted, because I could've done 4 months), but there was absolutely no tangling or matting. I oiled overnight and then detangled, removed the shed hair, and put conditioner to help. I comb the braid thoroughly each step as I unbraided the tracks on my scalp so I wont have much detangling to do.

She only uses my hair to braid to my scalp.

Lookin' good chica!! That's great that you're able to lave it in for so long. I tried goddess for my last weave and as I got close to month 3, it started tangling something fierce! But the again had a #2 so maybe the color..

-Thanks to you too! Wow, sorry to hear that. I haven't had any tangling and I don't know if the hair color is a factor. Next time, use a super slippery condish like HE HH to untangle. It really works wonders.

Love, love your bun!!! Ok I know this is about your weave and it looks good as always!!! I just weaved up as well in naij :)

Aww thanks. Dude, when did you go to Naija? You got your weave done there? How is it? Pics? I want to get your opinion, because when I was in Nigeria recently, the weaves I saw there were a tad :ohwell:

Nichi - first, your natural bun is lovely. Secondly, ima need you to hook me up with this chick. (send me a pm with all tha particulars, pleeze).
I think I wanna hide my hair until summer....

You and Ediese rep Bayou City quite well!!!

Hey Bronze! Thanks that's very sweet of you! I'm going to text you Tinnell's info. Text her first and if she doesn't reply in about a day or two, let me know and I'll speak to her personally.

Your hair looks awesome! I can't wear weaves but I have tried. I think I am allergic:(

Allergic, really? I wonder what is in hair that's the culprit. Have you worn wigs, braids before? Are you using synthetic or human hair? I'm curious, what physically happens when you are around it to let you know you're allergic?

ceecy29

Aww thanks. Dude, when did you go to Naija? You got your weave done there? How is it? Pics? I want to get your opinion, because when I was in Nigeria recently, the weaves I saw there were a tad :ohwell:

I go home every christmas; my parents live here. You know I live in Lagos and I have a stylist I trust, so my weaves come out good. You have to find a place where they know what they're doing. It came out good except I installed the bohyme brazillian wave and my natural hair wouldn't blend in front, so I'm stuck with a headband for as long as I choose to wear this weave :(. I'd put up pics but it'd take forever with this slow internet connection.

Kneechay

------------------------------------------------UPDATE--------------------------------------------------------------

I said I'd update the thread with the sew in and so far, so good. It hasn't been a full month yet, but I've still been washing every week and it's still holding up pretty well. I wanted to update on my wash routine and how i generally wear it.

1.) separate the left out hair to wash and then I moisturize with my shea butter mix & blow dry the weave and my hair separately

2.) I flat iron the weave and my own hair separately & here are front/back/side views

Styles I've worn it in:

My super bootleg attempt at Nia Long's curly side pony:

don't laugh, I tried. It was harder than it looks!!

and slightly curled and worn down for a family event

I like how it still looks natural in the front & some people have even thought it was all my hair!!

Still, in a few months, I'll be doing the bob again, but i want it even badder than the last. If any one sees any pics of any cool bobs, please post. Im looking for ideas

Last edited:

Dommo

Wow. Beautiful; I notice you leave quite a bit of hair out. Your flat-iron skills are superb. I need to leave out more hair for my next install; I usual do, but i wanted to try something different. Looks so much more natural with more hair left out.

Question, do you use the shea butter mix to blow-dry? I just started using East african shea butter with my serum to blow-dry and I love it. My hair is not weighed down either.

Kneechay

Wow. Beautiful; I notice you leave quite a bit of hair out. Your flat-iron skills are superb. I need to leave out more hair for my next install; I usual do, but i wanted to try something different. Looks so much more natural with more hair left out.

Question, do you use the shea butter mix to blow-dry? I just started using East african shea butter with my serum to blow-dry and I love it. My hair is not weighed down either.

Hey! Yeah, this time I left more hair out than I usually do. I think the photos make it look like there's a LOT of hair out, but there's not it's just spread out after the blowdry. I got the left out hair parted differently so I could alternate my parts. I honestly feel that this method looks so much better than my old installs. I wrap it every night and sometimes use rollers so I dont have to use heat all the time.

I also do use the shea mix BEFORE i blowdry. I make sure to get some in my scalp and ends. Not too much though because my mix has oils in it so it can get too oily if I do and my hair wont blend as well. This mix is my only moisturizer & I too love it.

It's looks really good Nichi! I love that blue dress in that one pic...

Thanks, chica! It was 20 bucks too! I'm a frugal shopper

FeelinIt

I'm so glad you are in Houston. Come tax time, I'm getting some hair from EP and I'll be using that for the next year or so. I can't wait to get with your stylist.

BlkOnyx488

Ok I am not sure how to ask this question, here goes,
how do you tact down your real hair? Um do you ever take a picture of how your real hair is prepared for the sew in. I am amazed you are able to braid up BSL hair and have the sew in look nice a flat to the head.

I see women in my area with sew ins and I can see the bumps and ridges from their natural hair being braided down.

Ok I hope my question makes sense, I really want to know how you get it to look so good and where the heck do you put all that beautiful real hair you have

Thats one of the most natural looking sew ins I have ever seen. Just gorgeous. The only other one I can think of is Ediese. Amazing job, Kate Gosselin needs to take a few tips :lol:

MA2010

Nichi!!!!!!

I love it girl. Another great install. I love your side swept (Nia Long) look :yep:

mocha.li

I love it. I want a sew in but I wasn't possible b/c I am newly natural but you made me a believer. I can't wait!!! I just have to find someone to do it and to do a good job

Kneechay

Ok I am not sure how to ask this question, here goes,
how do you tact down your real hair? Um do you ever take a picture of how your real hair is prepared for the sew in. I am amazed you are able to braid up BSL hair and have the sew in look nice a flat to the head.

I see women in my area with sew ins and I can see the bumps and ridges from their natural hair being braided down.

Ok I hope my question makes sense, I really want to know how you get it to look so good and where the heck do you put all that beautiful real hair you have

Hey & thanks so much for the compliments Black Onyx!
Well my stylist makes small to medium sized braids in my hair into a pattern around my head depending on the style I want. She does it well so that bumps or ridges from my braids dont leave creases in my hair. I'm really picky about that too, so I check.

Sadly, I dont have pics of my hair being braided in for a sew in, but Im getting some of my friend's and I'll upload it on here. I'll get it tonight or tomorrow.

MRJ1972

Looks nice as usual...

One question?

Do you have weave on the sides or is your natural hair out from ear to ear?

Sade'

Bangin! I love it... I'm getting a full sew in next month. It's all about going to the right person and being willing to spend a little extra $$ to get what you want!

Kneechay

Looks nice as usual...

One question?

Do you have weave on the sides or is your natural hair out from ear to ear?

thanks so much! i have my edges out for blending ear to ear.

Bangin! I love it... I'm getting a full sew in next month. It's all about going to the right person and being willing to spend a little extra $$ to get what you want!

thank you, oh and dont forget to post pics!

NOTE:
Before i get an install, I deep condition very well and pretty much over moisturize my hair with my shea butter mix while damp. I put less of the mix on the front part of my hair that will be left out. I dont want my hair that'll be braided up dry at all.

TIP: ask for the thread to be dipped in a mixture of coconut oil/castor oil/olive oil.
-during wash days, be very generous with moisturizing your scalp and braided hair when wet. If the oils/butters get in the weave, just wash it out in the sink.