Getting Rid of Shed Hair!!!

haitiancutie

I know a lot of the ladies here have successfully adapted a low mani reggie and I decided to try it out because I didn't want to add stress to my over-processed hair....I had mats out of the wazoo!! :wallbash: :wallbash: I wanted to figure out how you guys get rid of your shed hair while on a low mani to see if I should keep up with it. I'm just sick of the shed hair sticking to the healthy hair and causing tangles! :cry: Thanks in advance!

I finger comb when I co-wash. I dentagle with a wide-tooth comb or Denman brush about every 10 days now. I don't really have a problem with tangling unless I leave it too long between my next detangling session.

When I finger comb or use a comb/brush, I make sure to remove the shed hair asap after each pass before I go over my hair again. It sounds like a no-brainer but I used to just comb all of my hair, only stopping to remove the hair around 1/2 way through dentangling. I believe when you don't do remove the hair regularly, they can end up back in your hair again and cause tangles.

With that said, not everyone can successful have a low-mani regimen. There are women here whose hair is flourishing despite frequent combing. In their cases, they retain more by combing more frequently to remove shed hair asap.

Last edited:
My denman takes care of any shed hairs. I detangle in the shower with it when I cowash. Before I used the denman I used to leave bits of hair everywhere. It was a mess.

I finger comb when I co-wash. I dentagle with a wide-tooth comb or Denman brush about every 10 days now. I don't really have a problem with tangling unless I leave it too long between my next detangling session.

When I finger comb or use a comb/brush, I make sure to remove the shed hair asap after each pass before I go over my hair again. It sounds like a no-brainer but I used to just comb all of my hair, only stopping to remove the hair around 1/2 way through dentangling. I believe when you don't do remove the hair regularly, they can end up back in your hair again and cause tangles.

With that said, not everyone can successful have a low-mani regimen. There are women here whose hair is flourishing despite frequent combing. In their cases, they retain more by combing more frequently to remove shed hair asap.

Good tip! I used to remove the shed hair half way through my detangling session also.

Thanks for the advice! Do you run your fingers through your hair as if it were a comb under the flow of water?? I'll try for maybe 2 more weeks and if it doesn't work out, I'll have to whip out the comb LOL

^^ I run my fingers through like a comb but not under water. I do it when my hair has a lot of conditioner in it.

Back