Help!! Can't do a doobie!!!

dominicana

Help!! Can\'t do a doobie!!!

I've had a doobie done many times before, but I've recently moved to Huntsville, AL ( I think I'm the only dominican here for at least 100 miles). I've tried to wrap my hair myself with absolutely no luck. I need some direction!!!

I'm so happy I've found this place!!! I think I have 4a type hair. It is natural, took two years to grow out the relaxed parts. I will post some pictures later and hope you guys will help me type it.

thanks
D

Re: Help!! Can\'t do a doobie!!!

Hi,

Just wanted to say welcome to the board! Glad to have you
smile.gif

I know one of the wrapping experts will come along in a minute and help you out, okay
wink.gif

First make sure you have either large hair clips or long bobby pins.
1) Comb the hair straight down from crown to tip (think cousin it).
2) Part hair in the back (from crown to neck)
3) If you are right handed, comb the hair -where the part begins- to the right of your head. Insodoing, place a finger at your crown (this keeps the "hole" at your crown).
4) Take a pin (or clip - pins are easier for me) and place it above your ear, tip facing up.
5) Take the next pin and put it at the crown - tip down (where your finger was resting).
6) Continue to comb hair around your head adding pins every now and again... first at the bottom - tip up... than at the crown - tip down.
7) Continue until your entire head is complete.
8) Depending on how long your hair is, you will more than likely have to remove some of the 1, 2, 3... pins as you comb your hair around and replace them.

*Try to alternate the direction of your wrap every week or so. This will help you avoid the "thinning" of your hair overtime.*
**DO NOT PLACE ANY PINS ALONG YOUR HAIR LINE - THIS WILL CAUSE YOUR HAIRLINE TO THIN OUT. You can place 1 pin in the middle of your forehead only**

Thank you!!, I was finally able to wrap my hair successfully last night. Some of the ends stuck out a little but, I will get better with practice.

Diana

Hi Dominicana, what made u move to huntsville? are u going to oakwood?

Back