****** FRIZZY HAIR!!!! ***PIC HEAVY***

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Your hair looks amazing, however I think you are using too many "oily products" AND shea butter based products while locking out your moisture.

My hair will never look frizz free. Would you mind posting a picture of how you expect your hair to look after you take the style out?

Shea butter high on the ingredient list, leaves my hair dull looking and greasy. My hair never shines, but it can get a high sheen to it. The only product that does that for me is Oyins burnt sugar pomade.

I would clarify, and incorporate ACVs into your routine. I would also try to find products where butters are not high up in the list.

Sometimes the difference for me is styling on dry hair as well. Doing my wash routine, and letting my hair dry to 85% dry/damp, then styling with my "Styler"

As an example : prepoo with vatika or coconut oil, clay wash, deep condition if need be, then apply Oyins Dew and letting my hair dry in sections.

After about an hour or so, I then twist with the BSP. If I do not take the twist down the next day, I moisturize and seal again ( tiny amount) and go on my way.

mshoneyfly

I just love how so many naturals have solid regimens and techniques for managing and growing out their hair. My DD is the same way. She BCd 6 months ago after transitioning for exactly 1 year. Her hair seems to be growing like weeds and she retains every inch. Her fro looks soo cool.

Me?...Im too chicken to do it. The farthest I have gone is texturizing. I pretty much lost all my bone straight relaxed ends bc I have no patience for tangles and snarls. I had a setback when I was severely under processed from adding SAA to the texturizer along with the other things I am doing.

I am just happy I discovered LHCF. You ladies are all really awesome :)

I LOVE this HHJ!!

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
Co signing on clarifying your hair and removing build up from your scalp. I was dealing with the same issue. My hair appeared healthy when straight but stayed dry and frizzy when curly.
ACV will do wonders for your hair and scalp especially if you've been cowashing.

krikit96

OK I'm about to wash now. Got my acv, even bought some v05 clarifying shampoo in case... I will post results.... Wish me luck and thanks so so much for y'alls support!

krikit96

Okay, i had to partake in father's day activities, but i took pictures. I actually did my first acv pre poo rinse thingamajig... I rinsed, then crashed with Aussie moist... so here is my hair covered in conditioner...

ForumRunner_20140615_233414.jpg

ForumRunner_20140615_233321.jpg

ForumRunner_20140615_233300.jpg

I tried to do that Anthony Dickey method... so after I did rinse it out I followed up with the argon oil ecostyler...

krikit96

It was taking forever to dry, so I ended up trying to use the diffuser... it still dried very dull... I have this area of my hair that I have dayum near no curl, it's like waves...and I really don't think it's heat damage... it's just the front of my hair... the rest coils up really right and cute... But I gave up...ended up putting it in a puff...
I have pictures, but my pictures won't attach, the site is having a problem right now... soon as it's back up I'll show what I ended up with...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140615_234721.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140615_234721.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 42
  • ForumRunner_20140615_234848.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140615_234848.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 43
  • ForumRunner_20140615_235223.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140615_235223.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 44
  • ForumRunner_20140615_235347.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140615_235347.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 39

krikit96

Thank ya ma'am! It wasn't what I was going for but it'll do for what I did today... I have pineappled it for the night, but I'm sure it'll be a mess...imma go to work looking crazy...
But can you see that fuzzy frizzy hair that is in the top front?

NefertariBlu

Your hair came out cute. I would suggest you check out some 4b/4c women on YouTube for tips. To he 4 hair doesn't really shine, It has sheen and it doesn't look frizzy.
I found shea butter to be really drying but greasy at the same time. It made my hair look really dull, so I stopped using it.

classoohfive

It was taking forever to dry, so I ended up trying to use the diffuser... it still dried very dull... I have this area of my hair that I have dayum near no curl, it's like waves...and I really don't think it's heat damage... it's just the front of my hair... the rest coils up really right and cute... But I gave up...ended up putting it in a puff...
I have pictures, but my pictures won't attach, the site is having a problem right now... soon as it's back up I'll show what I ended up with...

I'm transitioning, but this sounds like my hair. At first I thought my texlaxed ends were just weighing down my natural hair in the front (my hair is, or was, the longest there) and they would pop back as I cut, yet it's still the same in areas that are now natural. The back of my head coils up like crazy, though. I know that people can have multiple textures, it just seems like a big difference between the two.

I also have issues with the frizz that looks like small broken hairs. I thought it was breakage from transitioning so I trimmed them. Nope. I get that my natural hair is not like my texlaxed hair (I got over getting that same shine a long time ago); however, the front of my hair just seems extra frizzy even for my hair type. Looking back at my texlaxed pictures I can still see some of the frizz, it was just easier to maintain. I've just been wearing a scarf to cover the front but it's getting too hot for that. :nono: :lol: Making sure the hair is clarified (don't do this too often, you don't want to dry out your hair more) and well moisturized seems to help make it less noticeable.

One of my coworkers was mentioning some products to help smooth the hair down without drying it out. I left the notes I took at work (yeah I was taking notes, we were on our break :lol: ) but I'll let you know how they work out. I have to be careful, my hair is low porosity so I have to make sure I'm not locking out any moisture.

Sorry I don't have a solution, but I know what you're talking about. My hair's on lock down for the night since I just washed it or I would take pictures.

Last edited:

MissC320

Thank ya ma'am! It wasn't what I was going for but it'll do for what I did today... I have pineappled it for the night, but I'm sure it'll be a mess...imma go to work looking crazy... But can you see that fuzzy frizzy hair that is in the top front?

It doesn't really look frizzy per se. I can see that is doesn't look like the part on the side. Do you have multiple hair textures?

krikit96

It doesn't really look frizzy per se. I can see that is doesn't look like the part on the side. Do you have multiple hair textures?

I think I must have multiple hair textures... and I don't think I'm a 4c at all... this hair that is frizzy, may be because it's dry? But I swear I think I'm a 4a in the back with some looser pattern in the top front... it's coming out of my scalp like this and it's like waves, but frizzy... that one picture I posted, with the long curl clumped going down the side of my face, that's the hair I'm talking about... that's in no way a 4b... I doubt it's a 4 anything... I kept chopping and chopping there, but it comes out my head like that... it's WAY looser than my coils in the back, which I swear are 4a territory.

So the hair looks dry, no shine, maybe a sheen this morning... I swear I think I have 3c/4a hair, with fuzz and frizz... but it ain't 4b or 4c because the curls are there, like the examples... I've never seen anything like it... My daughter has 3c hair, my son has 3b hair and my other son has 4a 4/b... this is the weirdest crap ever... I wish I could meet up with somebody and they could help me... nobody I associate with is into hair - I'm natural and they are permed... or natural but hate it and are wigging it until they take the plunge and go back to the creamy crack... I have nobody... lol...

Last edited:

krikit96

hair6.jpg

hair7.jpg

hair8.jpg

hair10.jpg

hair9.jpg

See how it's curly in the back, but the top looks almost stringy wavy? What is that? That is not a 4b or c because that hair doesn't react that way, it would just shrink up completely, not be elongated... that first picture, that's how it looks wet, like its wavy against my face... but the hair in the second pic is how the rest of it looks in the back... the third pic is as it's drying... that wavy pic in the beginning, now it's looking wiry (not sure if it's because I was touching it)

The last pic is the front again, but see how it got all bushy up top and dry looking??? Like the part by my scalp is dry and bushy/frizzy but the wet part hanging down is still curly... I don't get it, and it's driving me mad! It's the only thing I can concentrate on only because I can't crack this code!!! I just started a new job and came out of the wigs... I don't want to give the wrong impression, I've been working here 3 weeks... the first two weeks I wore my hair straight... then I washed it and the first thing my supervisor said to me when I walked in was "POOF!" and he laughed... I felt bad, because I can't tame it... and I don't understand it...

Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
When was the last time you used heat on that section?

Are you using a fan of silicone products or it really doesnt matter? Aussie moist and my hair are a nogo. It makes my hair look dull and it never penetrates so I threw it out.

How long do you deep condition, have you ever used heat/steam to get your conditioners to penetrate?

Do you know if you a protein sensitive?

overtherainbow

I don't think you're a type 4 at all. I'm mainly a 4b, and we tend to get way more shrinkage and much tighter curls/coils during WNG's. If I had to guess, you're in the 3's somewhere.

MissC320

I think I must have multiple hair textures... and I don't think I'm a 4c at all... this hair that is frizzy, may be because it's dry? But I swear I think I'm a 4a in the back with some looser pattern in the top front... it's coming out of my scalp like this and it's like waves, but frizzy... that one picture I posted, with the long curl clumped going down the side of my face, that's the hair I'm talking about... that's in no way a 4b... I doubt it's a 4 anything... I kept chopping and chopping there, but it comes out my head like that... it's WAY looser than my coils in the back, which I swear are 4a territory. So the hair looks dry, no shine, maybe a sheen this morning... I swear I think I have 3c/4a hair, with fuzz and frizz... but it ain't 4b or 4c because the curls are there, like the examples... I've never seen anything like it... My daughter has 3c hair, my son has 3b hair and my other son has 4a 4/b... this is the weirdest crap ever... I wish I could meet up with somebody and they could help me... nobody I associate with is into hair - I'm natural and they are permed... or natural but hate it and are wigging it until they take the plunge and go back to the creamy crack... I have nobody... lol...

Lol! I'm thankful for this board too. Otherwise where could I go to annoy people with my weird comments/pics and talk hair?!... :)

MissC320

Your supervisor sounds like an idiot. Your pattern does seen more wavy in the front then in the back. I still like how you hair looks when dry. Do you find you still have equal amounts of shrinkage all over?

krikit96

When was the last time you used heat on that section?

Are you using a fan of silicone products or it really doesnt matter? Aussie moist and my hair are a nogo. It makes my hair look dull and it never penetrates so I threw it out.

How long do you deep condition, have you ever used heat/steam to get your conditioners to penetrate?

Do you know if you a protein sensitive?

Hi! :look:
Last time I used heat was like 10-11 months ago...
I don't know about silicon products, never paid attention... but I DID purchase some silicon mix last weekend... I kept it in for about 15 minutes... I've never used heat to do the conditioners... I should try it - theyve done it in salons before... I do not know if I'm protein sensitive...

krikit96

Your supervisor sounds like an idiot. Your pattern does seen more wavy in the front then in the back. I still like how you hair looks when dry. Do you find you still have equal amounts of shrinkage all over?

For the most part, it's the same everywhere except the front top part where I showed ya the frizz and straighter or shall I say looser patterned hair... :perplexed

Girl, I swear, I'm so glad y'all are in this thread with me... I was sooooo over it last night.:drunk:

I'm really thinking of just always wearing a twist or braid around the front, to separate my unruly hair from the hair that is willing to work for me... and let the rest be out in puffs and stuff... but when I think about that, I really don't wanna go that route either... :nono:

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
Your hair came out cute. I would suggest you check out some 4b/4c women on YouTube for tips. To he 4 hair doesn't really shine, It has sheen and it doesn't look frizzy.
I found shea butter to be really drying but greasy at the same time. It made my hair look really dull, so I stopped using it.

Shea butter isnt my friend either! It has to be mixed with a lot of other ingredients and not be the dominant one to work for me.

krikit96

Watch "Twist Out on Short Natural Hair #TWA" on YouTube
Twist Out on Short Natural Hair #TWA: http://youtu.be/AC_b9ulPTpU

I still think all hair types can be frizz Free. Depends in how you handle your hair and the Ph of the products.

Lilmama1011 - you should come help me! :look: I'm so serious! Lol... I also think all hair types should be able to be frizz free... I need to learn more about this ph thing... I don't really get it... where would I buy ph strips to test my hair? how exactly would hair work on a ph strip?

Last edited:

krikit96

So, I guess for now, I will have to either do a puff with a front flat twist or a front braid going around the front... because this portion in the front just will not cooperate. I have hope tho, that eventually it will get used to being wet... I'm going to try the finger coil method tonight and hopefully that will help... I'll post pictures again, and I'm wondering if any of you are in the DC/VA/MD area... ?

veesweets

So, I guess for now, I will have to either do a puff with a front flat twist or a front braid going around the front... because this portion in the front just will not cooperate. I have hope tho, that eventually it will get used to being wet... I'm going to try the finger coil method tonight and hopefully that will help... I'll post pictures again, and I'm wondering if any of you are in the DC/VA/MD area... ?

I'll be moving to the area in a few weeks. I was there last week for a couple interviews and let me tell ya, I was naive and not expecting that humidity! :lol: I also sweat in my scalp so walking everywhere in the heat was kinda adding to the problem. It was my first time in the area so I'll know better for next time. Thinking I'm going to need to find a good gel to get me through the summer months.

The only thing I don't think I saw in your OP was a deep conditioner? Maybe I skimmed past it? After I ended my transition it took a couple weeks to get my moisture levels up to where they needed to be. Once they got there my hair was much more defined, held styles better, and not as frizzy. It still has a level of frizz to it, idk if type 4 natural hair will ever be completely frizz free, but its better.

krikit96

I'll be moving to the area in a few weeks. I was there last week for a couple interviews and let me tell ya, I was naive and not expecting that humidity! :lol: I also sweat in my scalp so walking everywhere in the heat was kinda adding to the problem. It was my first time in the area so I'll know better for next time. Thinking I'm going to need to find a good gel to get me through the summer months.

The only thing I don't think I saw in your OP was a deep conditioner? Maybe I skimmed past it? After I ended my transition it took a couple weeks to get my moisture levels up to where they needed to be. Once they got there my hair was much more defined, held styles better, and not as frizzy. It still has a level of frizz to it, idk if type 4 natural hair will ever be completely frizz free, but its better.

I bought some stuff called silicon mix that was in my local bss... I'm gonna use it this weekend. So you were right, I didn't put that in my post, I do need to get my moisture right, so maybe if I stick with it, I'll be good in about a month? What area are you moving to veesweets? I'm in PG county...

veesweets

I bought some stuff called silicon mix that was in my local bss... I'm gonna use it this weekend. So you were right, I didn't put that in my post, I do need to get my moisture right, so maybe if I stick with it, I'll be good in about a month? What area are you moving to @veesweets? I'm in PG county...

Right in DC, close to Howards campus.
Yeah I would give it a couple weeks and see. I think your hair looks really good now but maybe with a few weeks of TLC you'll get exactly what youre looking for.