AARGH!!! GOT DANG SON OF A BISCUIT WILTY HAIR!!!

krikit96

:wallbash::wallbash:

I have HAD IT!!!!!!!!!!!:pullhair:

I put Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave In Conditioner in my hair last night and spritzed a little Lottabody/Oil on my hair...rolled it up in the satin rollers and slept on it all night... cool right?:rolleyes:

WRONG!!!!!!!:censored::darkcloud:

I took my rollers out @ 6:30 this morning and ALREADY...not even 3 hours later my hair is a droopy frizzy, HAM!:wallbash::wallbash:

The back part of my curls are already STRAIGHT! The right side is still curly but looks frizzy as hell!!!!:wallbash:

I AM SOOOOO EMBARASSED! :cry: :violin:I knew this was gonna happen, so I brought my Sonia Kashuk brush, a seamless hair band and two good days hair pins to make a simple BUN but I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO KEEP MY HAIR FROM TURNING INTO MUSHY SOGGY FRIZZY S H I T E!!!
:darkcloud:

krikit96

:bump: :bump:

LADIES!!! Please, out of all the views my post is getting, NOBODY has ANYTHING BENEFICIAL to ADD??????:attention:

:feedback:

Kerryann

good luck when you find the answer let me know because my hair looked a hot mess after i got it done on saturday frizzing up the place if thats the case i could have kept my money in my pocket

vkb247

I am going to guess it was the conditioner. Sounds like you may have used too much or it has a humectant in it that attracted water to your hair.

krikit96

I am going to guess it was the conditioner. Sounds like you may have used too much or it has a humectant in it that attracted water to your hair.

I don't think the garnier fructis sleek & shine is a humectant. But I thought Humectants are supposed to guard AGAINST humidity? Am I wrong? That confuses me, please clarify that for me someone? How can I tell if it's a humectant?

How about trying an anti-frizz serum? Then put your hair in a bun.

I don't have that with me here at work, but I will be bunning when I get a chance to run to the restroom... but I REALLY would like to wear my hair down sometime...I've been bunning for 2 weeks because of failed attempts to wear my hair out.:wallbash:

Butterfly08

I don't think the garnier fructis sleek & shine is a humectant. But I thought Humectants are supposed to guard AGAINST humidity? Am I wrong? That confuses me, please clarify that for me someone? How can I tell if it's a humectant?

I don't have that with me here at work, but I will be bunning when I get a chance to run to the restroom... but I REALLY would like to wear my hair down sometime...I've been bunning for 2 weeks because of failed attempts to wear my hair out.:wallbash:

I know you didn't intend it to, but your post gave me a chuckle. :look: Humectants ATTRACT moisture. Anti-humectants repel them. I can't answer about what products to look for in a humectant, except I know that glycerine is one.

You may want to try smaller rollers that will hold the curl longer, and make sure your hair is COMPLETELY DRY before removing the rollers. Otherwise, your hair will definitely frizz. What kind of environment are you in - is it very humid right now?

krikit96

I know you didn't intend it to, but your post gave me a chuckle. :look: Humectants ATTRACT moisture. Anti-humectants repel them. I can't answer about what products to look for in a humectant, except I know that glycerine is one.

You may want to try smaller rollers that will hold the curl longer, and make sure your hair is COMPLETELY DRY before removing the rollers. Otherwise, your hair will definitely frizz. What kind of environment are you in - is it very humid right now?

OH! Okay, I didn't know that they attracted moisture, that's funny, I had it all wrong. I still don't know if Garnier Fructis is a humectant... My hair was dry when I did this... I guess I can google it to list the ingredients...

The rollers were pretty small to begin with... I live in Maryland, but I work in Virginia and I drive thru DC... so the air hasn't been the same any day this week. It poured down on Saturday night, Sunday was the nicest day with low humidity and beautiful skies, and today there was a slight fog when I left the house today...but it's gone now... do you know of any leave in (BESIDES NTM, that stuff does NOTHING for me) or something that will hold curls that may work on my hair?

I'm not trying to become a PJ, but I have no choice because I keep spending gobs of money trying out something to work for my hair, with NO END in SIGHT!!!!!:sad:

Your Cheeziness

Butterfly08 pretty much got it. I've found through experience that the less product on my hair for wet sets, the better. I only rollerset with a leave in (Giovanni Direct) and a nickel sized amount of serum (Fantasia). I rewet my hair with water for the smoothest set.

I don't like to think that deep about the science of it all, but it sounds like the oil slowed our drying process down. Think about it, oil is used to seal in moisture. 3 hours ain't near 'bout (excuse the country) long enough for a set to air dry especially if you are sleeping on your head not getting full air circulation. So I'd try less product and use a dryer or at least give my hair all day to air dry.

krikit96

Butterfly08 pretty much got it. I've found through experience that the less product on my hair for wet sets, the better. I only rollerset with a leave in (Giovanni Direct) and a nickel sized amount of serum (Fantasia). I rewet my hair with water for the smoothest set.

I don't like to think that deep about the science of it all, but it sounds like the oil slowed our drying process down. Think about it, oil is used to seal in moisture. 3 hours ain't near 'bout (excuse the country) long enough for a set to air dry especially if you are sleeping on your head not getting full air circulation. So I'd try less product and use a dryer or at least give my hair all day to air dry.

Hmmm...maybe I should have used the soft bonnet to dry the leave in and oils I put in my hair... Does anybody know if it's safe to put those under heat? I may just try it, because my hair is in need of finding SOMETHING that works for me... I just haven't found ANYTHING that works yet and I'm becoming frustrated and ready to give up on this whole hair thing... I've been a member since last september, that is just RIDICULOUS that I'm still out here flailing around like a fish out of water... :wallbash:

Your Cheeziness

Don't get frustrated. It's trial and error, trust me we've all been through it. I wouldn't use satin rollers with a dryer, but mesh rollers will work just fine. When you're dry, just pin curl and go to bed! I find oils (for me) work best on dry hair and a little serum works well for me on both. I rarely use oil, but it took me a while to find the best regimen/product combo for my hair. Also, if you are using oil, use lightly and use a light oil like coconut oil or grapeseed oil for example.

Remember trial and error and don't get frustrated. When I use a new method or technique, I only do one new thing at a time so I can pinpoint the cause of the change in my hair.

krikit96

Don't get frustrated. It's trial and error, trust me we've all been through it. I wouldn't use satin rollers with a dryer, but mesh rollers will work just fine. When you're dry, just pin curl and go to bed! I find oils (for me) work best on dry hair and a little serum works well for me on both. I rarely use oil, but it took me a while to find the best regimen/product combo for my hair. Also, if you are using oil, use lightly and use a light oil like coconut oil or grapeseed oil for example.

Remember trial and error and don't get frustrated. When I use a new method or technique, I only do one new thing at a time so I can pinpoint the cause of the change in my hair.

I just bought a little thing of grapeseed oil, so I will try it...Is a GLOSSING or POLISHER the same as a serum? I bought a shine serum form Victoria's Secret, I have ORS GLOSSER and some SHINE and SMOOTH stuff too...I've NEVER been able to get those to work for me... should hair be wet? Because it makes my dry hair shine for 3 minutes then my hair looks dull and attracts lent. Relaxed hair shouldn't BE this hard to deal with !

LongiLox

:bighug: Sorry to hear that. Perhaps you're using too much product on the hair? I will also try larger rollers to allow faster drying and perhaps the plastic ones rather than the satin ones.

Your Cheeziness

I just bought a little thing of grapeseed oil, so I will try it...Is a GLOSSING or POLISHER the same as a serum? I bought a shine serum form Victoria's Secret, I have ORS GLOSSER and some SHINE and SMOOTH stuff too...I've NEVER been able to get those to work for me... should hair be wet? Because it makes my dry hair shine for 3 minutes then my hair looks dull and attracts lent. Relaxed hair shouldn't BE this hard to deal with !

Well not all serums are the same and I've tried ALOT. I love cheap ole Fantasia IC Hair Polisher serum (white top). I'm not big on avoiding silicones and whatnot and my hair is just fine. I like a silicone based serum because it seals my hair and gives me the slip I need to smoothly style wet hair preventing damage. Besides, I only use it on wash day. I never have to fight with my hair when I use just a little of this.

No hair shouldn't be this difficult and it isn't! When you get on a hair board so much info is thrown at you and it's easy to get overwhelmed. Just try to take it one step at a time prioritizing by issues that YOU deal with. LOL i remember when I first started, I was so busy trying to copy someone else's regimen, that it wasn't doing MY hair any good.

krikit96

hey lady did you try a flat twist set? those work for everyone i have done them to

I used to get the BOMB flat twist sets... back before I knew anything about hair care, now they just look crazy... stringy and retarded at the ends... I don't know WHAT I used on them as far as product back in the day... but we are talking HIGH SCHOOL DAYS... I graduated in 96 so my memory ain't dat great no moe! Any suggestions?

:bighug: Sorry to hear that. Perhaps you're using too much product on the hair? I will also try larger rollers to allow faster drying and perhaps the plastic ones rather than the satin ones.
I may have used to much product... I put the garnier fructis leave in on my hair and it felt damp...then I sprayed the lotta body on it too... I just went in the bathroom and wet my hair and made a bun...:sad:

Butterfly08

Exactly. I would never rollerset my sopping wet hair with satin/foam rollers. :nono: The roller would suck up the moisture and keep my hair wet all night. :perplexed Use the hard plastic ones and if you can't sleep with them (I've been doing it since I was 11 so I'm used to it :look:) then sit under a dryer and pincurl, cover with a satin cap at night.

*Muffin*

In my humble opinion, there's too much moisture and not enough protein in your routine. Sounds like what I was suffering from a few weeks ago. I thought I was doing everything right with my hair, but my hair was looking a hot mess. Then I read online that I should be doing protein treatments at least once a month, but ideally every two weeks because I have relaxed hair. As soon as I did a treatment my hair felt better and actually felt smoother and softer, but not mushy anymore.

Last edited:

krikit96

In my humble opinion, there's too much moisture and not enough protein in your routine. Sounds like what I was suffering from a few weeks ago. I thought I was doing everything right with my hair, but my hair was looking a hot mess. Then I read online that I should be doing protein treatments at least once a month, but ideally every two weeks because I have relaxed hair. As soon as I did a treatment my hair felt better and actually felt smoother and softer, but not mushy anymore.

So, if you have RELAXED hair, it's okay to alternate moisture and protein every other week? Two weeks a month of protein won't make my hair fall out? I have megatek... maybe if I line my scalp with the megatek and wash it the following week after a few apps, then do NTM the following week... then do the ORS Hair Mayo the 3rd week and then on the 4th week try the So Sexy conditioners from Victoria's Secret? Does that sound like a good hair regime ladies? Or is that gonna be a protein overload?

berryblack

I have nothing beneficial to add since I don't do rollersets---sabino moisture block, maybe? However, every time I saw this post I thought the title was about your son's wiley hair!!! Lawd, I can't read!!!!

Soliel185

My suggestion would be to save the experiments for days when you don't have to be anywhere in the morning. Waking up thinking your hair is going to look great only to be confronted by a frizz-monster will only frustrate you more.

I use serums, glossers etc on wet/damp hair only. Like you said, on dry hair they make it shiny for a bit and then it gets really dull. When I apply wet, my hair seems to absorb the serum, so my hair doesn't feel greasy, and it seals my ends.

For shine I use Lacio Lacio, or Coconut/Olive oil mix on straightened hair. Not serums. Sabino is a good suggestion, but there are lots of products at Walmart or Walgreens/CVS that are "anti-humidity" John Frieda makes several. Reading your post, I think you used too much of the Garnier. If you applied enough leave-in for your hair to feel damp then that's a lof of a creamy product. Even if your hair did dry, it would probably be too heavy/oily to hold a curl.

To dampen your hair, try using just plain water in a fine mist bottle, or even just wet your palms, and go through your hair section by section as you roll. You only need a tiiiiiny bit of leave-in per section. I would concentrate on getting the ends the wettest/slickest, and the roots the dryest (provided they're already straight). Good Luck.

Ariana4000

I had this problem last year, but this year it is gone. The only think different is that I had some breakage this year so I've been doing lots of protein and henna. For some reason, that solved it. I've also been using Silicon Mix Shine Serum. But I just started using the serum, but it makes it even silkier.

*Muffin*

So, if you have RELAXED hair, it's okay to alternate moisture and protein every other week? Two weeks a month of protein won't make my hair fall out? I have megatek... maybe if I line my scalp with the megatek and wash it the following week after a few apps, then do NTM the following week... then do the ORS Hair Mayo the 3rd week and then on the 4th week try the So Sexy conditioners from Victoria's Secret? Does that sound like a good hair regime ladies? Or is that gonna be a protein overload?

Yes, as a matter of fact it is ideal to do a protein treatment bi-weekly if you have relaxed hair. It ensures that your cuticle layer is solid and can retain moisture. As long as you are alternating between protein and moisture you should be fine. Here's a link to an article that helped me a lot when it comes to protein treatments:

www.long-healthy-hair-advisor.com/protein-conditioner.html

krikit96

:bump:

I went to 3 different hair places today... WHERE can I find the sabino moisture block and about how much is it?

What other products act the same as the sabino moisture block?

TIA!!!

Last edited:

krikit96

:bump: Please, a little feedback???

I went to 3 different hair places today... WHERE can I find the sabino moisture block and about how much is it?

What other products act the same as the sabino moisture block??

Americka

:bump: Please, a little feedback???

What other products act the same as the sabino moisture block??

http://www.sabinohair.com/Shop.php

I'm not sure if it is available in a retail store, but if you click the above link it can be ordered directly from Sabino.

This following post refers to 50% off coupon offered by Sabino. You might want to check this one out first before ordering. HTH.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=7870263&postcount=1

SmartyPants

:wallbash::wallbash:

I have HAD IT!!!!!!!!!!!:pullhair:

I put Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave In Conditioner in my hair last night and spritzed a little Lottabody/Oil on my hair...rolled it up in the satin rollers and slept on it all night... cool right?:rolleyes:

WRONG!!!!!!!:censored::darkcloud:

I took my rollers out @ 6:30 this morning and ALREADY...not even 3 hours later my hair is a droopy frizzy, HAM!:wallbash::wallbash:

The back part of my curls are already STRAIGHT! The right side is still curly but looks frizzy as hell!!!!:wallbash:

I AM SOOOOO EMBARASSED! :cry: :violin:I knew this was gonna happen, so I brought my Sonia Kashuk brush, a seamless hair band and two good days hair pins to make a simple BUN but I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO KEEP MY HAIR FROM TURNING INTO MUSHY SOGGY FRIZZY S H I T E!!!
:darkcloud:

I mix my setting lotion in a 24 oz bottle. I put 6 oz. lottabody, 1.5 oz EVOO, 1 cap SAA, and fill the bottle with water. No frizzes at all and I live in New Orleans (one of the humidity capital's of the country.) You do have to keep shaking it as you rollerset your hair because the oil get's separated.

krikit96

I mix my setting lotion in a 24 oz bottle. I put 6 oz. lottabody, 1.5 oz EVOO, 1 cap SAA, and fill the bottle with water. No frizzes at all and I live in New Orleans (one of the humidity capital's of the country.) You do have to keep shaking it as you rollerset your hair because the oil get's separated.

Sounds great! Now... I am guessing SAA is Silk Amino Acids...where can I get that? Do you just buy that in a store or is their a certain product...???
Sorry for the billion questions, but I just HAVE to find SOMETHING that works because even my dh is making comments...:ohwell: