Frequent Shampooers... Chime In!

Me! I HAVE to shampoo at least once a week for my scalp and hair. I have seborrheic dermatitis (thought it was scalp psoriasis at one point but I was wrong). Luckily my t/gel shampoo is sulfate free but I find I have to clarify every 2 weeks because it's sulfate free or my hair gets upset with me

I shampoo every, single week with a sulfate shampoo, and once a month with a chelating shampoo. I learned the hard way that I HAVE to clean my scalp thoroughly every week. A few years ago I had build up on my scalp so bad it lead to scalp aches, hair loss and follicle damage. Luckily I caught it in time and was able to reverse the damage. Those of you that co-wash exclusively, be aware that you run the risk of scalp damage from build up. Use a sulfate shampoo occasionally.

I shampooed my hair to the point of squeakyness last night. When I blew my hair out, it was so light, even with liberal amounts of heat protectant. Usually it's mad heavy.

I am anal about shampooing because last time when I was cowashing regularly, and not using shampoo maybe at all, I started noticing bald spots. And my hair was still dry.

So I guess I'm a shampooer

When I first went natural, I shampooed every week, but since October 2015, I've been shampooing once every two weeks. In June, I am going back to weekly shampoos until October.:afro:

I'm realizing I might have to up my shampooing to 2x a week sometimes...my scalp is so high maintenance now and it get buildup pretty quickly. I basically need to pay attention to my hair needs as often as possible. The past few months of frequently getting my hair under water has proved to be a positive decision. Initially, I was so nervous about doing that but I wish I had done so earlier in my hair joureny. I was too busy listening to ppl say not to use Shampoo if you want moisturized hair; worst advice I ever followed for my hair.

I'm realizing I might have to up my shampooing to 2x a week sometimes...my scalp is so high maintenance now and it get buildup pretty quickly. I basically need to pay attention to my hair needs as often as possible. The past few months of frequently getting my hair under water has proved to be a positive decision. Initially, I was so nervous about doing that but I wish I had done so earlier in my hair joureny. I was too busy listening to ppl say not to use Shampoo if you want moisturized hair; worst advice I ever followed for my hair.

Here here! I shampood like three days in a row and made sure my hair was oiled well inbetween the shampoos and my scalp had been fine going back to once a week for now. But my scalp was so happy when I did that and as long as I used the oil my hair was completely fine!

I've been on a low shampoo kick for months now. I'm a heavy cleansing conditioner user.

The other day my hair was stiff and I decided to prepoo and clarify. My hair is renewed. I think I might shampoo more often than once per month. Build up is very real.

It's hard finding the sweet spot for hair.

I had an amazing experience shampooing frequently. Unfortunately, it was with the old formula Creme of Nature shampoo. :sad:
My hair was smooth and silky, detangled, and my conditioner applied after like a dream. Every single time!
I hate that company for doing that!
Have you tried Keracare Hydrating Moisturizing Shampoo @JerriBlank? It reminds me of Creme of Nature's old formula. I love it just as much.

I have to shampoo at least weekly if not 2x a week or my scalp rebels with large flakes and it itches like crazy.especially during the summertime

I shampoo at between once to three times a week. I have fine hair, so I deep condition with a protein conditioner every shampoo session. I used to cowash years ago but it just wasn't for me. I also used to prepoo faithfully but I stopped a while back. Hopefully this summer I get back to prepooing.

I shampoo every week to every two weeks with a sulfate shampoo. If I go two weeks, my scalp is super itchy.
I used to just use the Keracare sulfate free shampoo but it lead to buildup.

Washing every week is a must.
If not, my scalp itch like crazy, becomes flakey, and sheds abnormal amounts.

My hair is low po, thick, 4ab ish.
I don't use lots of products but sebum builds up quickly.

Back