FORMALLY Introducing myself and starting point...**PICS**

I love your highlights!

Thanks, they are natural. :)

When I was a kid, they were more blond-ish. Now that I'm older they have darkened. They get red-ish in the summer, I think due to my hair being relaxed.

My daughter has the same thing. Hers are more like the natural blonde streaks that Vanessa Williams has...

Thanks for the warm welcome and compliments, everyone!

You all have motivated me to do a rollerset today, haha! I was too lazy to wash my hair last night...

I'm sitting under the dryer right now. I'll rinse out soon and will hopefully do my rollerset today. I'm fighting the urge to be lazy and just wet-wrap it. :drunk:

SO (in the words of Ateya, lol) stay tuned! Bye! She is too cute!

Welcome!!

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!:yep: I'm sure that you will have no problems reaching your goals. Please disregard my current photo - I will be updating by the end of this month....

Have a great holiday and bring in 2009 right!!

example2.gif
to LHCF and you hair looks great.

Last edited:
Re: FORMALLY Introducing myself and starting point...**UPDATED W/ MORE PICS**

Ok, I'm done with my rollerset, and I'm baking under the dryer now. (My trusty gold-n-hot space cadet dryer in gold....can't wait to get my PIBBS next month!

I washed w/ Keracare moisturizing and detangling shampoo, conditioned w/ Kenra Moisturizing condish (under dryer for an hour), rinsed out and applied Giovanni direct leave in.

For the rollerset, I put a little Giovanni Direct leave in in a spray bottle with water. Spritzed a little Keracare silken seal all over my head (maybe 6 spritzes) and got to rollin.

I have more rollers on one side of my hair because that side is thicker. I have a few hairs sticking up in the back, but oh well.

I used large gray rollers because I plan to wrap and wear it semi-straight anyway.

If I wanted more curl, I would have just used all purple.

That is all. I will post more pics after my hair dries and I take the rollers out.

012.jpg

upclose
017-1.jpg

closer...I know I have hairs sticking up, but the sides are smoother. ordinarily, I would spray more water and re-roll, but didin't feel like it. It'll be ok.

007-1.jpg

and another...excuse the crusty shower curtain...we're moving soon, so I'll be trashing it, lol.

015.jpg

You did a good job roller setting. I'll be checking back for pics of the finished product.

ok, this is not the finished product. I usually wrap and go to bed or sit under dryer for 15-20 min. The hair comes out straight yet bouncy.

I'm leaving it down and curly for hubby right now, I got him started with the curls, my hair may get messed up tonite, haha.

Um, my hair is much shinier IRL. Maybe the lighting was bad.

020.jpg

lightly flat ironed roots...
026.jpg

sideshot
033.jpg

037.jpg

039.jpg

Your hair is beautiful. From looking at your pics, your hair looks longer than full APL. You may be at the top of BSL now.

What ever you are doing, keep it up because your hair looks very healthy.

ok, this is not the finished product. I usually wrap and go to bed or sit under dryer for 15-20 min. The hair comes out straight yet bouncy.

I'm leaving it down and curly for hubby right now, I got him started with the curls, my hair may get messed up tonite, haha.

Um, my hair is much shinier IRL. Maybe the lighting was bad.
:lachen::lachen::lachen:Yeah your hair is sexy enough to get messed up. I love that curly look on you. :yep:
You should definately rock that style for a while.:yep:

I'm trying to see what hair care products are back there in your closet. :giggle:

Great minds think alike!:grin:
Why was I all in my computer screen trying to see too?

BTW, OP, you do have a great starting point and I don't think you will have a problem at all reaching your hair goal of BSL.

Now, about the transition?:poke:......come on, you know you want to!:grin: You can be a lifetime transitioner like me.

Welcome to the board...........

BB

:lachen:I'm over here like oooh, I think I see Kenra and etc.....:grin:
Great minds think alike!:grin:
Why was I all in my computer screen trying to see too?

BTW, OP, you do have a great starting point and I don't think you will have a problem at all reaching your hair goal of BSL.

Now, about the transition?:poke:......come on, you know you want to!:grin: You can be a lifetime transitioner like me.

Welcome to the board...........

BB

:welcome: Glad to have you join us. :club: Just by looking at your hair, you seem to already be a pro--but we look forward to your input.

Back