FORMALLY Introducing myself and starting point...**PICS**

ohstacey

Hi all, I've been on and off the board for over a year now, but now I've decided to set some hair goals and post pics.

I'm relaxed, thinking about transitioning. My length was grazing BSL, but I gave myself a trim last week about (3/4 in.). So I'm like a long APL, but still very close to brastrap.

I have two daughters w/ natural hair, both down to their tailbones when straightened. Their hairtype is 2/3c ish I guess. I'm sure mine is closer to 3c/4a. Their hair reminds me of mine when I was their age, and now I want it back! I know my hair wold be a lot longer and thicker than it is now if not for the relaxers. I guess I haven't seen my own natural hair since I was around 14, probably.

Anyway, my goal is to reach BSL by FEB 09, hopefully I can do it.

My regimen is simple. I use Keracare, some Kenra products and Nacidit Olive Oil conditioner sometimes. I switch up between these products. I've used Aveda in the past, I may try their line for dry hair because it seems my hair is drier during the winter.

Other than that, I don't use much product in my hair. Its shiny, bouncy and has body, that's the way I like it. The day before I wash, I'll apply tea tree or olive oil, shampoo and then DC under the dryer. I usually wet-wrap it and let it dry overnight, and then flatiron in the morning.

I rollerset maybe once a month. I'm low maintenance when it comes to my hair. Also, I just started law school, so I have less time to worry about hair. However, I know I'm going to have to step my rollerset game up....

Anyway, these pics are half-a$$ed... I'm about to wash it today, so it looks flat and stiff due to the oils in it right now.

I may rollerset tonight. If so, I'll take pics of that so you can see the difference in volume.

Thanks for reading this long post...hopefully I'll be able to commit to transitioning and getting to BSL. I'll need all the support I can get to stay focused and reach my goals, lol. :)

002.jpg

005.jpg

Last edited:
Hey,

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate ya'll! There are alot of beautiful heads of hair on this board and I'm using you all as inspiration to improve mine.

I would like to transition without the big chop. Ladies who have successfully accomplished this, please post and give me some reassuring words! :grin:

I wear my hair down 99% of the time, and I wrap at night. It has always worked for me, however I think my hair would be longer if I:

1. laid off the scissors (religiously every 6-8 weeks)
2. stopped flatironing (1x per week)

I know I will have to use more protective styles the farther I get into transitioning...I'm only 3 weeks post right now.

Is there any possible way to still look cute with newgrowth/two textures without doing up-dos all the time? I know I can do braidouts, but I find that doing them too often is too much manipulation for me.

I don't wear weaves or wigs, but I may consider getting braids this summer if times get rough, haha.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Welcome

You hair length is great starting point. You use alot of same products I rotate on continus basis. Good Luck

Hey,

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate ya'll! There are alot of beautiful heads of hair on this board and I'm using you all as inspiration to improve mine.

I would like to transition without the big chop. Ladies who have successfully accomplished this, please post and give me some reassuring words! :grin:

I wear my hair down 99% of the time, and I wrap at night. It has always worked for me, however I think my hair would be longer if I:

1. laid off the scissors (religiously every 6-8 weeks)
2. stopped flatironing (1x per week)

I know I will have to use more protective styles the farther I get into transitioning...I'm only 3 weeks post right now.

Is there any possible way to still look cute with newgrowth/two textures without doing up-dos all the time? I know I can do braidouts, but I find that doing them too often is too much manipulation for me.

I don't wear weaves or wigs, but I may consider getting braids this summer if times get rough, haha.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! :)
Welcome!!!

When I wanted to be natural I decided to do a long transition, b/c I didn't want my hair to be too short when I cut off the relaxed ends. The good news was that my transition was pretty easy and I didn't have to give up the products I had already been using (Profectiv line of products) b/c they were working for my natural roots and relaxed ends. The transition went by really quickly, in retrospect, and now I'm really enjoying having natural hair. If you want to read a little more about my natural hair journey and what I personally do to my hair you can visit this page of my fotki: http://members.fotki.com/semora/about/

Good luck to you on your hair journey. :)

Beautiful hair! I don't have any transitioning advice; I tried for about 7 months (unsucessfully!), BC'd and went right into braids.
Good luck w/your journey.

Back