FOR THOSE WHO TRANSITIONED W/O THE BC

PanamasOwn

Or are transitioning w/o the BC

I think we need our own thread...THIS IS TUFF!!!

I didnt think that my handling two textures would be so ruff!?:wallbash: For example this past week, I did cornrows in my hair, you protecive style. Well my hair threw a world class hissy fit, I couldnt even make a WEEK, before I had to take it all down and wash. Then as my washing, my hair was shedding like crazy (the relaxed ends) I detangled and everything was fine, but I really didnt like the condition of my hair after having this style for so long. It like if I dont apply moisture EVERYDAY, my hair will not act right...Oh and lets not talk about it looking crazy:spinning:...here I am with springy curls and stick straight ends.....(Im sorry, but I needed to vent) Is anyone else going through Hair Woes???:perplexed

Whenever I have the chance, I tell people about SouthernTease. She's been transitioning w/o the bc for like 6 months now. She co washes and baggies daily, and she washes and dc's either once or twice a week. Her progress has been great and even though I'm not transitioning (I'm stretching, almost 3 months post) my hair has beenso soft and moisturized doing daily co washes. I would have never thought of doing it, if it weren't for her :yep:

She has her own site, southerntease.net....... HHG! :D

I feel your pain, girl! :whyme:

I've been transistioning for 5 months now and it's hard sometimes. Doing co washes and getting my hair flatironed every few weeks have helped me out a lot!:yep:

The only way that I'm able to handle the two textures is by getting roller sets. I am able to go about 2 weeks without washing when I get a good rollerset, that way I able to cut down on my manipulation. Right now my ends are bugging me though. They are so uneven!

I am transitioning without the BC. I am going on my 9th month (on Nov. 10th) I would be fine with rollersets and didn't mind rollersetting my own hair when i didn't have too much growth, but now the only way is to let someone else rollerset.

I very seldom wear my hair straight anymore though but i will be going sunday to get it rollerset simply so it can be straight when i get some ends cut off. (I just get a few inches cut off every 90 days; i just plan on keeping it just below BSL)

I co-wash at least 3 times a week. On the weekends, I DC. The normal routine is to co-wash, put about 5 or 6 plaits and use perm rods on the ends. (the style in my album is how i wear it mostly). I moisturize daily and baggy my entire head. It wasn't until I started baggying my entire head that my hair started to hold the moisture; before that i was :wallbash: trying to figure what the "secret" was to keeping my hair moisturized - it's been staring at me on the board daily! Baggying!!!

HTH

Whenever I have the chance, I tell people about SouthernTease. She's been transitioning w/o the bc for like 6 months now. She co washes and baggies daily, and she washes and dc's either once or twice a week. Her progress has been great and even though I'm not transitioning (I'm stretching, almost 3 months post) my hair has beenso soft and moisturized doing daily co washes. I would have never thought of doing it, if it weren't for her :yep:

She has her own site, southerntease.net....... HHG! :D

Thanks for the luv Tiffers!

I'm in week 21 of a stretch - I was supposed to touch up before Xmas, but you ladies are inspiring me to hold off on the relaxer for a few more months, at least.

Thanks

Not much to add...but is definately is tough. i do plan to chop...but not until month 18. And oddly enough.... just like blackbarbie...i made 9 months on nov 10 lol.

i dont want to use alot of heat because i dont want it to eventually damage my NG and then i end up getting a wrong impression of what my natural texture really is. I havent been natural since i was 8 yrs old ( 16 yrs ago ).

Basically right now i cowash everyday, tie my hair back and put a curly phony pony. looks completely natural. I dont comb my hair when it's dry anymore unless its flat ironed.

Did u try using caster oil? there was just a recent thread about it and several comments made about how it softens NG and helps retain alot of moisture. I think im gonna give it a shot and see.

It will be 1 year in February since I last got texlaxed. I will not BC. I have had some breakage, but thats only due to be blowdrying incorrectly :ohwell: I cowash Monday-Thursday and on Thursdays I wash/DC/and Flatiron. My routine works well for me and my hair is healthy and soft.

I'm transitioning w/o the BC. This is my 13th month. I am seeing my natural texture come out at the roots and I'm loving it, but I do get frustrated with the shedding and breakage. I try my best to keep a good protein and moisture balance to offset some of the breakage, and I've also tried the low manipulation thing by not combing my hair so often anymore. Sometimes I feel like giving up, but the closer and closer I get to my length goal, I forget about the wildchild on top of my head and let her do her thang. I refuse to cut my hair off now after I've worked so hard to get to where I want to be. The only way I could justify cutting my hair is if I REALLY had to. Other than that, I let it be.

I have been thinking about it, and I think I will transition until I have enough hair to put into a ponytail. I mean A GOOD LOOKING ponytail. With enough hair that can hang. I know I will be so upset with myself if I cut any sooner..Lately I have been having pretty good hair days and I just try to keep positive by envisioning my hair down my back all curly and bouncy..(helps when I am having a bad hair day)

Just wanted to say good luck ladies!!!!!!!!!!

Each and every time I've gone natural was always through transitioning, never do the BC.

I'm 10 months post. I'll make a year in January. It gets tough, like tuesday I did this really cute twist out, well it was really humid here and my hair puffed up before I even got to work. I was so frustrated!!!! But somedays are good somedays are bad. I used to flat iron myself, but it's so humid it puffs up. Now I get a press. But for the next couple of months I'm going to try curly styles, and then after mardi gras I want to get Kinky twist. I plan on chopping in July that would make 19 months for me. But somedays I just want to cut all this ugly relaxed hair off!!!

Back